• Sep 25th, 2017 1:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41518 posts
10204 upvotes

[Audible] A couple of Audiobooks @ Audible Amazon $0.00

Deal Link:
Make sure you opt to stay/go to .com instead of audible.ca . I just tried and it worked.
A80GL;105068980 wrote:On Power by Robert A. Caro @ Audible
On Power by Robert A. Caro @ Amazon
Normally $14.99.

From two-time Pulitzer Prize winner and two-time National Book Award winner Robert A. Caro: a short, penetrating reflection on the evolution and workings of political power - for good and for ill.

In On Power, an Audible exclusive, the legendary historian Robert A. Caro reflects on what drew him as a young journalist to study political power and what his half century of reporting on New York City urban planner Robert Moses and President Lyndon Johnson have taught him about the inner workings of government and democracy.

Adapted by the author from two recent speeches and filled with thoughtful lessons and personal moments, On Power goes behind the scenes in the author's decades-long quest to understand how power works, often in ways he could have never imagined.

Listening to On Power, narrated with emotion and humor by Caro in his unmistakable New York accent, is like having a private audience with the author often hailed as our greatest living historian. Longtime fans of Caro's books, as well as those seeking a more personal introduction to his life and work, will be treated to his trademark wit and revelatory insight.

But more than anything, On Power is a timely reminder for those who want to better understand how power and government work.

In Caro's words: "Why political power? Because it shapes all of our lives. It shapes your life in ways that you might never think about. Every time a young man goes to college on a federal education bill passed by Lyndon Johnson, that's political power. And so is a young man dying in Vietnam. Every time an elderly person is able to afford an MRI, that's Medicare. That's political power. It affects your life in all sorts of ways. My books are an attempt to explain this power.... Because the more America understands about political power, the better informed our votes will be, and then, hopefully, the better our democracy should be."

FREE @ Audible
When You're Ready [Soundtrack Edition]
Jane Carver of Waar [Soundtrack Edition]
The Innocent Ones [Soundtrack Edition]
The Turn of the Screw [Soundtrack Edition] ~ Narrated by: Emma Thompson.
The Wind in the Willows [Soundtrack Edition]
Just Do It: The Nike Spirit in the Corporate World Audible
My Philosophy by Woody Allen
This Nib for Hire by Woody Allen
The Kugelmass Episode by Woody Allen
No Kaddish For Weinstein by Woody Allen
The Oedipus Plays: An Audible Original Drama
Funny Amazon Reviews
The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2015 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
thanks OP

Funny Amazon Reviews says not available in your country. hmm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41518 posts
10204 upvotes
geotr wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 11:20 pm
thanks OP

Funny Amazon Reviews says not available in your country. hmm
Funny, I got the same comment/response.
Feb 17, 2011
231 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks! I'm always looking to expand my audiobook library.
Dec 13, 2013
284 posts
100 upvotes
Thanks... This will be a great start to my AudioBook library venture.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
2953 posts
784 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks OP! No issues getting these "couple" Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes of free books.
Added more titles to my library that I don't even read/listen. Saving it for a rainy day! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
May 4, 2006
1231 posts
76 upvotes
rsarwar wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 12:31 pm
Cool thanks OP! How to get them in the app though now? Library showing empty :(
Switched region within the app by clicking the link which said 'Not seeing all your book' or something like that and chose .com .. and voila!

AWESOME! Thanks again!
Feeback: RFD - Heatware - Ebay.ca

Blu-Ray Collection: Click Here
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41518 posts
10204 upvotes
^ Or sign into Audible, and on top, Library >My Books

Then we can download the books.
Oct 7, 2012
493 posts
316 upvotes
Feels good to buy something and pay zero

Ps they all worked except for the Funny Amazon Reviews one
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Sep 24, 2015
11 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville, ON
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 10:40 pm
Make sure you opt to stay/go to .com instead of audible.ca . I just tried and it worked.
If I may ask, how did you find these. It seems the free ones come up once in a while. Not sure how people dig these up