Audio-Technica ATH ANC23 QuietPoint - Headphones

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2012 2:50 pm
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond

Audio-Technica ATH ANC23 QuietPoint - Headphones

As subject says, looking for a location retailer in the GVR that sells this headphones (they are inear style). Or something of comparable price+quality for NC.
12 replies
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
nobody? I've spent another hour searching and can't find any retailers here in Vancouver?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm expecting to hear from the rep on this pretty soon, probably tomorrow as I'm sourcing these in Edmonton. When I hear, I'll ask him about Vancouver.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
This is what I found:

1- Long & McQuade (604) 734-4886
2- Tom Lee Music (604) 685-8471
3- Annex Pro (604) 682-6639.

Let me know how you make out including prices.
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
Thanks!

I called all three places listed, and unfortunately, none of them carry it. The most help I received was from Annex Pro who said they COULD bring it in for me, but would take a week (which normally would not be a issue, but I'm leaving on a 2 month journey this Friday). If I don't find it while in South East Asia, then I'll order it once I come home.

L&M did carry the older version of the IEM but they are $150, and I'm trying to get these new ones close to amazon.com pricing of $49.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Unfortunately, this is a big problem with Audio-Technica stuff throughout Canada. I recently tried to find an AT cartridge widely available online in the States. I tracked down a local dealer via my distributor contact and the dealer was nice enough to order it for me. Even though he's an authorized dealer for them, he didn't carry this fairly popular cartridge. The plus was that the price was equivalent to the best price I could find on any U.S. sites. Your best bet is to get it online if you can find a great price at reasonable shipping. Unfortunately, Amazon won't ship this product to Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Here's an update from the AT rep:

[QUOTE]We actually don’t stock the ANC23’s anymore as many of the Audio Technica headphones are getting beat up price wise via the web and we have no price protection for our dealers.

You could try Vision, they have the 25’s.[/QUOTE]

Visions does have the 25's but these are not in-ear.
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
Thanks for all the info. Yeah for IEM with NC they really are the best deal out there... if you can find it ;)

I'll most likely order them online and just have them shipped to a friends place in the Seattle and go and pick them up. Thanks again for all your help!
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
1771 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered it through jr.com, which has it on sale for $49, with shipping to Canada for $6.95

Enjoy!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Hey, Gujustud

Did you get these headphones?

I ordered them through JR. They ship these to Canada for under $6.00. You can get this shipping price absorbed by getting them to do a price match.
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
starchoice wrote: Hey, Gujustud

Did you get these headphones?

I ordered them through JR. They ship these to Canada for under $6.00. You can get this shipping price absorbed by getting them to do a price match.

Nope never ended up getting them as I couldn't really find them anywhere.

I did however pick up a set of Goldring NS-1500 in Kuala Lumpur which are just awesome. Obviously a little more than these, but for all the plane rides I've been on they have been amazing.

Who did you pricematch these with to get them under? My wife wants a set of headphones and I figured these would still be good.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Just check on Amazon.com for current pricing from various retailers. There is generally at least one of them selling for $5 less than the JR price.