Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Aurora Winter Fest

Toronto: Dec 28. $9.99 @ Ontario Place

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 5:25 am
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39750 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto: Dec 28. $9.99 @ Ontario Place

Deal Link:
Price:
$9.99
Expiry:
December 28, 2018
Retailer:
Aurora Winter Fest
To help you enjoy the holidays with family and friends, Virgin Radio is hooking you up with a special rate at the Aurora Winter Festival! On Friday, December 28th ONLY, enjoy a magical winter escape for $9.99!

http://www.iheartradio.ca/virginradio/t ... -1.8570414
Last edited by sprung on Dec 27th, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
28 replies
Nov 18, 2008
523 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome! I was just going to buy tickets today for Friday and pleasant surprise. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been to this? Any in depth reviews?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39750 upvotes
Toronto
Spiderpal93 wrote: Has anyone been to this? Any in depth reviews?
'honest' review here (note, for the Vancouver version)

Last edited by sprung on Dec 20th, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Oct 6, 2006
355 posts
183 upvotes
Shows as 19.99 for the Fridays, am I missing something?
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Jul 31, 2012
750 posts
1069 upvotes
Toronto
Busta wrote: Shows as 19.99 for the Fridays, am I missing something?
Discount shows in cart, with fees it works out to $27 for two
Dec 6, 2012
57 posts
13 upvotes
sprung wrote: 'honest' review here (note, for the Vancouver version)

Went last weekend honest opinion.. not worth going. You can take similar pictures with mall xmas decorations
Mar 14, 2013
809 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Spiderpal93 wrote: Has anyone been to this? Any in depth reviews?
For $20 it is definitely not worth it. The market is maybe 8-10 huts selling nothing interesting. The food market is nothing special as it is just regular food trucks as you'd find on any Street festival or event. The ice skating is $7 for rental, bring your own skates and it's not that bad as the decorations on the rink aren't bad. The light exhibit itself is definitely not worth paying $20 for. Crowded pictures at night and not much to see. A bit of a fun experience for kids as there's an app you can download for a little QR scan code hunt where you get a glow stick at the end. Didn't bother going to Santa's workshop because I don't have kids but they may enjoy that.

For $10 it's not a bad deal but to be honest I'd rather have spent money to go to distillery on the weekend instead. At least at distillery you can try special foods like waffles and some other different things.

Would not go again ever..

EDIT: and there's also rides for kids too. A very small tubing slope, a ferris wheel and a merry go round.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
btwitsmatt wrote: For $20 it is definitely not worth it. The market is maybe 8-10 huts selling nothing interesting. The food market is nothing special as it is just regular food trucks as you'd find on any Street festival or event. The ice skating is $7 for rental, bring your own skates and it's not that bad as the decorations on the rink aren't bad. The light exhibit itself is definitely not worth paying $20 for. Crowded pictures at night and not much to see. A bit of a fun experience for kids as there's an app you can download for a little QR scan code hunt where you get a glow stick at the end. Didn't bother going to Santa's workshop because I don't have kids but they may enjoy that.

For $10 it's not a bad deal but to be honest I'd rather have spent money to go to distillery on the weekend instead. At least at distillery you can try special foods like waffles and some other different things.

EDIT: and there's also rides for kids too. A very small tubing slope, a ferris wheel and a merry go round.
I was thinking i might go for some ontario place nostalgia. Are any of the old playgrounds still there?
Jul 31, 2012
750 posts
1069 upvotes
Toronto
skinnydoggy wrote: I was thinking i might go for some ontario place nostalgia. Are any of the old playgrounds still there?
That's on the west side of the islands, you can see some of the run down stuff but it's mostly boarded up
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39750 upvotes
Toronto
skinnydoggy wrote: I was thinking i might go for some ontario place nostalgia. Are any of the old playgrounds still there?
if you're only going for that then wait for Aurora Festival to end and just walk over to Ontario Place for free
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Oct 6, 2006
355 posts
183 upvotes
pkeep22 wrote: Discount shows in cart, with fees it works out to $27 for two
didn't work on my phone. when I clicked the link on my laptop it worked.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
sprung wrote: if you're only going for that then wait for Aurora Festival to end and just walk over to Ontario Place for free
I can do that?
Jul 2, 2003
615 posts
398 upvotes
GTA
btwitsmatt wrote: For $20 it is definitely not worth it. The market is maybe 8-10 huts selling nothing interesting. The food market is nothing special as it is just regular food trucks as you'd find on any Street festival or event. The ice skating is $7 for rental, bring your own skates and it's not that bad as the decorations on the rink aren't bad. The light exhibit itself is definitely not worth paying $20 for. Crowded pictures at night and not much to see. A bit of a fun experience for kids as there's an app you can download for a little QR scan code hunt where you get a glow stick at the end. Didn't bother going to Santa's workshop because I don't have kids but they may enjoy that.

I had the same experience. Went there last Saturday. Got in around 6:45pm. Everything was disappointing from the few huts selling overpriced items to the regular food trucks. The biggest joke was that the light display area inside the grounds had a 1 hour wait to get in. Waste of time and money. I highly recommend avoiding.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39750 upvotes
Toronto
skinnydoggy wrote: I can do that?
heck ya. it's a lovely spot to wonder around . visit soon because who knows what plans Doug Ford has envisioned for that land.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
sprung wrote: heck ya. it's a lovely spot to wonder around . visit soon because who knows what plans Doug Ford has envisioned for that land.
He’ll probably sell it to child slavers, but only if they buy him a camper... yeah i should go soon. Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1712 posts
1767 upvotes
GTA
Why is Aurora holding its winter fest in Toronto? What's next, Newmarket fest in Barrie?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9824 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
waz wrote: I had the same experience. Went there last Saturday. Got in around 6:45pm. Everything was disappointing from the few huts selling overpriced items to the regular food trucks. The biggest joke was that the light display area inside the grounds had a 1 hour wait to get in. Waste of time and money. I highly recommend avoiding.
Sadly, I paid $20 to get in. :(
My experience is very difference. Perhaps becasue I like taking photos and there are lots of great spot to take picture in there. I went on weekdays and there wasn't much people. No wait for pretty much everything. I think in the beginning, they were really strict about bringing in more professional cameras. But when I went, they didn't really care about it anymore. Tubing is definitely not worth it. I would avoid to go when it is 9.99. Toronto is a place full of cheap people like me. It will be packed on those days and you won't be able to take any good pictures.
In my opinion, Christmas market is too packed. Unless you want to go and enjoy the mood with tons of people, it isn't worth it.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Perhaps becasue I like taking photos and there are lots of great spot to take picture in there.
Can you share some pics? Curious to see what it looks like in there
Nov 24, 2017
273 posts
165 upvotes
Aw man, I wish i saw this this morning before I bought tickets.

I used the 10% off with Presto card holders. It was more for little kids and people who wants to take pictures for IG. Def not worth paying full prices of $20. Even the 10% wasn't even worth it. The skating risk is half the size of the one at Habourfront Centre. The Maze wasn't even a maze. The tube park which is a slide, is like 40ft high and def not worth $3 per ride or $10 for 4 rides. The food selection wasn't so good... thank god I ate before I came in. The fit pit is tiny, and the live entertainment was alright. I brought my own skates which I didn't have to pay $7 per skate rental. I finished everything within 75mins, with stopping to take a pictures, and I went in a group of 6 people.

The $10 is worth it if your wife or girlfriend want cute photos for IG lol. The other side of Ontario Place has a FREE display.

Edit: Christmas market is free if you go on the weekdays. Also Christmas market wasn't that great this year as well.