• Mar 3rd, 2017 12:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18682 posts
1273 upvotes

Australian Open 2017

No thread on the Aussie Open??

Wow, shocker to say the least....Djoker out in an epic 5setter with an unknown.....4+ hrs......crazzzyyyyy...

Djoker's aura of invincibility seems to be broken...can Fed win another GS with Rafa looking to just get back into form?

Though Feddy is coming off an injury/surgery too..

Who do you predict to win on the men's and women's side??
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5194 posts
512 upvotes
Calgary
Murray is out.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3590 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
Have to say women's tennis is wayyy out of wack. Kerber even with her talent just got blown off the court by Vandeweghe who has so much more power and height compared to Kerber. Just not fair for alot of female players if you're smaller and don't have as much power to your game compared to larger women like Vandeweghe and Serena who have talent and power. For them all they have to do is play their game and not make too many errors and they will be near impossible to beat.

That's probably why so many women's matches are pretty crap and not very entertaining compared to the men where the power gap between most players is much less and hence you get closer matches.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18682 posts
1273 upvotes
Epic 5setter between Rafa and Dimitrov!!

Feel for Dimitrov but a sign of good things to come for him...

Rafa vs Feddy......what a Finals.....rooting for Feddy but good to see Rafa back!

Venus vs. Serena - rooting for Venus but I think Serena takes it!!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1738 posts
190 upvotes
I want Federer to win one more... I sense he wants to win one more before he will allow himself to retire.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3590 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
Serena wins the championship against Venus! Another relatively easy win. It was a pretty good, fairly close match but it never seemed in doubt that she would do it. Until Serena retires, women's tennis will always be mostly predictable. Very few women in the whole field is even capable of beating her and almost none when she's playing her best. Oh well.

I'm hoping for Federer to win one more too, but he's playing against his kryptonite in Nadal so Federer will probably come up short yet again. I hope I'm wrong though. :/
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10279 posts
1319 upvotes
City of Vancouver
OMG, it's really difficult watching these matches live because of the time zone difference. The Nadal/Dimitrov match was pretty good, though I missed the 5th set.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3590 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
WOW Federer actually did it and WON!! I'm sooo happy!! Disappointed But Relieved Face

Seriously when Nadal broke him and was up 1-3 in the 5th set I thought Federer was done and that his demon had finally got the best of him again. But with abit of shakiness from Nadal and some great play from Roger, he finally got it done and it was great to see him raise a championship trophy once again. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18682 posts
1273 upvotes
congrats Feddy!! What an epic see-saw battle......crazy that it was Rafa that blinked in that 5th set....I think Feddy can play for a few more years if his body holds up....perhaps he can win 1 or 2 more!!

Got to say, this 2017 AU Open was very very entertaining!! Lots of 5 setters, high quality tennis being played and very unpredictable! The women's side also showcased some young up and comers....
Oct 27, 2016
104 posts
27 upvotes
Love to see Roger Federer back. I enjoyed the marathon fight between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. 6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel