• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2019 8:59 am
[OP]
Jul 6, 2019
66 posts
10 upvotes

Auto Insurance

Hopefully automotive is the correct forum. Any recommended auto insurance company, I’m looking to compare my options and going with the best option. Almost 2 years no accident and my insurance hasn’t even dropped. They tell me sometime in October but I think it would be best to start looking now to see what other companies quote me.
5 replies
Sep 25, 2018
551 posts
1045 upvotes
Yeah... why don't you call around companies and ask for quotes?

I don't think anyone in this forum will drive the exact same car, be in the exact same age, has had license for the exact same length, and lives in the exact same address as you. So no one's quote here can be any of help for you.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1991 posts
1433 upvotes
Markham
Honestly, you need to call around or check online quotes first. Most insurance companies should be within 10% of one another, with outliers obviously.

Key things to consider when getting quotes:

1) your age and where you live. This probably affects it most, outside of experience and your accident and claim history.
2) daily commute distance
3) marital status
4) winter tires if applicable
5) what you want your deductible to be.

Of course, obvious stuff like what car you drive, how many cars and are you combining with home insurance.

There are dozens of companies, but to get you started, you can try: TD, RBC, Sonnet and Allstate. As you google around, you’ll find more.

If you don’t want to do the leg work, just get an insurance broker.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8487 posts
1228 upvotes
Ontario
best to call around and then compare rates/coverage and go from there.
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience