Auto Insurance Providers

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2019 2:57 pm
[OP]
Sep 14, 2006
165 posts
21 upvotes

Auto Insurance Providers

What auto insurance providers do you all suggest?

I’m looking to compare quotes, but only want to choose reputable providers.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3413 posts
2173 upvotes
GTA
Reputable and insurance? Honest and thief? All they want is your $. They are all the same.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1146 upvotes
Do a google search and start making phone calls. There's no easy way to do this. What is cheap for me probably won't be cheap for you. Every company has their "perfect" client.

Here's a few to get your started:

Belairdirect
Kanetix.ca
Insurancehotline.ca
Sonnet.ca
CAA insurance

Etc etc etc
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2927 posts
3114 upvotes
Intact has been good to me.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Apr 26, 2012
18 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
desjardins for me (drive 1998 subaru), best quote for me $1169 , just $1million liability and accident rate protection

dropped TD group insurance for desjardins b/c they bumped my rate over 12% in one year after 10+ years with them ( a lot of other stupid moves by TD before that too)

someone I work with went to a broker called Merit insurance brokers, and he was happy with their quote (don't know his details)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8490 posts
1230 upvotes
Ontario
just shop around. Whats good for one person does not necessarily mean it will be for another.
cleanvibe wrote: What auto insurance providers do you all suggest?

I’m looking to compare quotes, but only want to choose reputable providers.
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
Aug 7, 2019
2 posts
I'm with "the personal", they offer a promotional rate through my company.

do you work for anyone that offers a promo rate?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1020 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto
Reputable would be TD + Intact, but whether they are the cheapest or best for you not sure....

Shop around, look if there are any corporate or family discounts and go from there.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31153 posts
16907 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm with Coseco, which is a subsidiary company of Co-operators that I was previously insured with.
Aug 28, 2007
171 posts
64 upvotes
I'm doing this song and dance again...wonderful Sonnet bumped my auto insurance by 30% and reduced the home insurance by 25% which obviously does not offset the auto insurance increase.

Called a few and for some reason all rates are higher than Sonnet after the increase. No tickets, claims and the usual excuse they gave was that there were a higher number of claims blah, blah, blah.

Only thing I can think of is that I live in Brampton.... :(
Last edited by elmatic0ne on Aug 8th, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 28, 2007
171 posts
64 upvotes
COSMIC5 wrote: just shop around. Whats good for one person does not necessarily mean it will be for another.
All things being equal (deductible, driving history, etc.) with the only difference being cost, then the least expensive is the better option all around for eveyone.

Just because one person can afford more does not mean they should have to pay more, well unless they want to and have an obscene amount of disposable income to throw away - this is redflags so we're all trying to save those pennies :)