• Aug 25th, 2014 10:21 am
Tags:
None
Jul 21, 2014
846 posts
142 upvotes
Canada

auto loan calculator

I am trying to decide whether to buy new or used car and I am always concerned about what the monthly payment will be.

With new on the internet its fairly easy because sites like Toyota and Honda provide the online calculators for new cars.

When it comes to looking at used I am basically looking through Auto Trader and see the for sale price but have no idea what my monthly payments will be, etc. I posted this in the Auto section here but the only response I got gave me a site that wasn;t that great.

Any input is appreciated – PM’s welcome also.

Cheers!
2 replies
Oct 6, 2005
244 posts
100 upvotes
Montreal
I use www.bankrate.com they have an auto loan calculator and it also show a table with principal paid, interest paid. And you add lumpsump or extra monthly deposit
Jul 21, 2014
846 posts
142 upvotes
Canada
CKY350 wrote: I use www.bankrate.com they have an auto loan calculator and it also show a table with principal paid, interest paid. And you add lumpsump or extra monthly deposit
Awesome thanks.
Now here is a really stupid question: I see a car on Autotrader for $15K. Obviously the car loan isn't going to be 15K it will be for more but how much more....?