Aug 18, 2004
1205 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto

AutoPartsWAY @ Amazon.com - Disappointment

What a disappointing experience with AutoPartsWay via Amazon.com

Aug 20: Placed order via amazon.com
Aug 21: received shipping notice, shipped by USPS, with a tracking number
August 29: Received email from Amazon that refund has been given on my order, reason: "customer returned"
August 30: Opened an inquiry with amazon.com to determine what happened, they had no idea. Sent an email to the seller asking them to respond to me as to why the item was returned back to them

Sept 1:

A) Received email from AutoPartsWAY.com confirming that the amount has been refunded.
B) I responded asking them to respond to the actual question, which was "why" it happened.
C) Received a response that they didn't know, but if I had a tracking number they could look into it.
D) I provided it, (even though they should have been able to find it themselves... they're the ones that sent it to me in the first place!)
E) they respond that it was actually FedEx (despite them saying in the shipping notice that it was USPS) and that they don't know why it happened but welcomed me to re-order and provide them the order number and they'd use a different shipper
F) I called FedEx myself and asked.. it was all because the shipment didn't have the right documentation for crossing the border. Turns out the item was actually received back by the shipper on August 25.

I ordered from rockauto.com instead... was a few dollars more (which is why I tried this route in the first place) but at least I have faith that they'll get it right!
2 replies
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
123 upvotes
Kitchener
It appears that someone took the easy way out when doing paper work and marked the return to sender as returned by customer. Not taking responsibility for the fiasco is poor customer service
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2004
1205 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
27kingston wrote: It appears that someone took the easy way out when doing paper work and marked the return to sender as returned by customer. Not taking responsibility for the fiasco is poor customer service
Exactly. That's the frustrating thing about this... and they really don't seem to care about it. Lesson learned... stick with those you know, worth the premium