Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Autotrader] $25 for test drives (GTA)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2017 8:16 pm
Tags:
Nov 24, 2017
273 posts
165 upvotes

[Autotrader] $25 for test drives (GTA)

Deal Link:
Savings:
$25
Came across to get a free $25 gift card to Amazon, Cineplex, iTunes or The Keg Steakhouse.

All you have to do is a test drive to get it!

Very similar to the Hyundai one that was posted a few days ago.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
19 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2637 posts
1353 upvotes
CANADA
You might want to add more meat to the title
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Thanks OP.

By the time we all test drive that same vehicle, the price will have dropped another $5k.

Cheaper than a 2015 2 or 4 Series if price starts at $35k.

Going to book a test drive now.
Dec 15, 2015
523 posts
524 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Only in Scarborough.
"You have to risk it for the biscuit"
"$34/80GB BYOD FiDO"
Nov 6, 2013
709 posts
494 upvotes
Just so people realize how this works,

1) Dealer has to signup for the program so not all dealer cars listed on Trader will have the popup
2) Gift cards can be $25/50/100 depending on what the dealer chooses
3) The offer doesn't automatically popup the first time you look at a car.. it will after more intent is shown (going back to same car multiple times, look at similar pieces of inventory from same dealer, etc.)
4) How do you claim it? Bring the code into the dealer, go on the test drive, they activate the code, you will get an email with the offer.

Why waste your time and a dealers time with this shit for $25?
Aug 22, 2014
240 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
primetimey wrote: Why waste your time and a dealers time with this shit for $25?
If someone's really that desperate for $25, how likely are they to be in a position to make a large purchase like a car?
Oct 9, 2014
375 posts
529 upvotes
YEG, YXE, YYZ
BreadBagSeals wrote: If someone's really that desperate for $25, how likely are they to be in a position to make a large purchase like a car?
The dealer wastes people's money so I have no problem wasting their time.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
IntramuralDavid wrote: The dealer wastes people's money so I have no problem wasting their time.
But you're wasting your time too, unless of course you don't have a life and place zero value on your time, which wouldn't surprise me.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
J_u_n_i_o_r_3 wrote: lol why are you guys down voting this?
It takes a special type of cheap sociopath to leave the house to go sit in traffic and head to some nondescript dealer to test drive some nondescript car (that you have zero interest in purchasing) and waste the time of some salesperson who's trying to do a job and make his living all for $25-$50. Too bad I can only give one downvote here. You can have one too.
Nov 6, 2013
709 posts
494 upvotes
IntramuralDavid wrote: The dealer wastes people's money so I have no problem wasting their time.
How does the dealer waste your money?
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
ottofly wrote: It takes a special type of cheap sociopath to leave the house to go sit in traffic and head to some nondescript dealer to test drive some nondescript car (that you have zero interest in purchasing) and waste the time of some salesperson who's trying to do a job and make his living all for $25-$50. Too bad I can only give one downvote here. You can have one too.
This is RFD bro. We anything to save a buck! In this case though I would not venture into Scarborough. I value my safety.
Oct 9, 2014
375 posts
529 upvotes
YEG, YXE, YYZ
ottofly wrote: But you're wasting your time too, unless of course you don't have a life and place zero value on your time, which wouldn't surprise me.
LOL! Someone gets salty over the smallest thing. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with me going to get $25 dollars gift card. When you watch television, what do you value your time at? Compared to spending an hour and getting a $25 dollar gift card. My opportunity cost is now $25 dollars an hour. You are telling me also that the only way you should qualify to the gift card is if you buy a vehicle. That would be the best business plan ever, customer acquisition costs for $25 dollars.
primetimey wrote: How does the dealer waste your money?
You can look at how dealers up sell and tell customers all the time that they need certain maintenance way before it is actually needed. They use scare tactics to people that they will lose their warranty if they don't follow the guidelines that the customer service people say when the vehicle's handbook says something totally different. They also charge way more than they should but that is a whole different topic on itself.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7081 posts
5209 upvotes
I read the fine print:

"The dealer will be the sole determiner of whether you have met the required criteria to be eligible to receive the Gift Card Offer and Trader shall in no way whatsoever be liable for a dealer’s determination."

So, good luck to anyone thinking this will be quick and easy.
Oct 31, 2017
301 posts
78 upvotes
A lot of homeless people seem to have access to Internet. This stuff is good for them.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
wow i live in scarboro, this is close to me but im too lazy lol, i feel awkward driving a nice 40g car!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
DrunkenStupor wrote: So essentially risk your life for $25... too bad it's only in Scarborough!
Scarborough in the news...

Police say a man walked into an apartment building on Eglinton Avenue, made his way up to the third floor where he shot 21-year-old Malique Ellis, also known as Lil Mell, several times

Also Oakville in the news...

A man was found dead in his car following a shooting in Oakville.

Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
I can see this.. sign the papers on this dotted line, and receive a tim hortons gift card. lol
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
May 16, 2017
406 posts
214 upvotes
Mrsleah wrote: A lot of homeless people seem to have access to Internet. This stuff is good for them.
im sure homless people really care about 25 amazon giftcards, or a cup of coffee

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)