[OP]
Nov 24, 2017
12 posts
5 upvotes

[Autotrader] $25 for test drives (GTA)

Deal Link:
Savings:
$25
Came across to get a free $25 gift card to Amazon, Cineplex, iTunes or The Keg Steakhouse.

All you have to do is a test drive to get it!

Very similar to the Hyundai one that was posted a few days ago.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
19 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2164 posts
412 upvotes
Orleans
You might want to add more meat to the title
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41485 posts
10183 upvotes
Thanks OP.

By the time we all test drive that same vehicle, the price will have dropped another $5k.

Cheaper than a 2015 2 or 4 Series if price starts at $35k.

Going to book a test drive now.
Nov 6, 2013
497 posts
228 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just so people realize how this works,

1) Dealer has to signup for the program so not all dealer cars listed on Trader will have the popup
2) Gift cards can be $25/50/100 depending on what the dealer chooses
3) The offer doesn't automatically popup the first time you look at a car.. it will after more intent is shown (going back to same car multiple times, look at similar pieces of inventory from same dealer, etc.)
4) How do you claim it? Bring the code into the dealer, go on the test drive, they activate the code, you will get an email with the offer.

Why waste your time and a dealers time with this shit for $25?
Aug 22, 2014
173 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
primetimey wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:52 am
Why waste your time and a dealers time with this shit for $25?
If someone's really that desperate for $25, how likely are they to be in a position to make a large purchase like a car?
Oct 9, 2014
188 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
BreadBagSeals wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:03 am
If someone's really that desperate for $25, how likely are they to be in a position to make a large purchase like a car?
The dealer wastes people's money so I have no problem wasting their time.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
4450 posts
2825 upvotes
Montreal
IntramuralDavid wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:04 am
But you're wasting your time too, unless of course you don't have a life and place zero value on your time, which wouldn't surprise me.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
4450 posts
2825 upvotes
Montreal
J_u_n_i_o_r_3 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:23 am
lol why are you guys down voting this?
It takes a special type of cheap sociopath to leave the house to go sit in traffic and head to some nondescript dealer to test drive some nondescript car (that you have zero interest in purchasing) and waste the time of some salesperson who's trying to do a job and make his living all for $25-$50. Too bad I can only give one downvote here. You can have one too.
Nov 6, 2013
497 posts
228 upvotes
Winnipeg
IntramuralDavid wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:04 am
How does the dealer waste your money?
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1057 posts
486 upvotes
The 6
jhinkarlo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 9:56 am
Only in Scarborough.
So essentially risk your life for $25... too bad it's only in Scarborough!
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1057 posts
486 upvotes
The 6
ottofly wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:37 am
It takes a special type of cheap sociopath to leave the house to go sit in traffic and head to some nondescript dealer to test drive some nondescript car (that you have zero interest in purchasing) and waste the time of some salesperson who's trying to do a job and make his living all for $25-$50. Too bad I can only give one downvote here. You can have one too.
This is RFD bro. We anything to save a buck! In this case though I would not venture into Scarborough. I value my safety.
Oct 9, 2014
188 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ottofly wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:18 am
But you're wasting your time too, unless of course you don't have a life and place zero value on your time, which wouldn't surprise me.
LOL! Someone gets salty over the smallest thing. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with me going to get $25 dollars gift card. When you watch television, what do you value your time at? Compared to spending an hour and getting a $25 dollar gift card. My opportunity cost is now $25 dollars an hour. You are telling me also that the only way you should qualify to the gift card is if you buy a vehicle. That would be the best business plan ever, customer acquisition costs for $25 dollars.
primetimey wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:59 am
How does the dealer waste your money?
You can look at how dealers up sell and tell customers all the time that they need certain maintenance way before it is actually needed. They use scare tactics to people that they will lose their warranty if they don't follow the guidelines that the customer service people say when the vehicle's handbook says something totally different. They also charge way more than they should but that is a whole different topic on itself.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3976 posts
1141 upvotes
I read the fine print:

"The dealer will be the sole determiner of whether you have met the required criteria to be eligible to receive the Gift Card Offer and Trader shall in no way whatsoever be liable for a dealer’s determination."

So, good luck to anyone thinking this will be quick and easy.