Entertainment

Avengers Infinity War. How many times?

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2018 10:40 pm

Poll: I've seen or planning to watch Infinity War...

• Total votes: 52. You have voted on this poll.
0. DC fan. No interest.

13%

56%

19%

6%

2%
5+. I'm breaking records. LOL

4%
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge

Avengers Infinity War. How many times?

I have to know, how many times have you or planning to watch Infinity War?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
24 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
It came out Thursday night and after tonight it will be my third time.

I was supposed to watch it Saturday but spent time with my girl.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
bembol wrote: It came out Thursday night and after tonight it will be my third time.

I was supposed to watch it Saturday but spent time with my girl.
You cant keep up with Mr. Fanta. You may have the lead now but you will lose the War.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
badOne wrote: You cant keep up with Mr. Fanta. You may have the lead now but you will lose the War.
LOL. Technically, bembol will only be in the lead after tonight's viewing with 3. My third viewing in IMAX won't be until Tuesday. I'm trying to keep my promise of only seeing the movie in IMAX theatres specifically. I decided my 4th. viewing won't be until it's shown at the Cinesphere IMAX. It's a second-run theatre, so they won't show "Avengers: Infinity War" until 2 or 3 months from now. They'll be showing "Black Panther" first and then eventually the Cinesphere will have AIW playing there.

I always try to go to different IMAX theatres to see which auditorium's technology is giving the best picture and sound quality for overall presentation of the film.

My IMAX ranking for this movie and theatres as of today.

1. Scotiabank 2D laser IMAX
2. Coliseum 3D IMAX Mississauga

3. Empress Walk IMAX (Lie-Max) coming on discount Tuesday)
4. May cheat and visit this other "real IMAX" theatre in Vaughan (Colossus).No will power, so I'll probably be there first weekend of May
5. Ontario Place Cinesphere IMAX-- Gonna watch it in 2D laser IMAX in 2 or 3 months when they play it there.

I've watched and rated so many movies at these IMAX theatres for picture/sound quality. The two best IMAX theatres in the GTA are Scotiabank and Cinesphere being on par with each other. I'd like to say it is a TIE, but it's really NOT. The clear winner is the Cinesphere IMAX because it's a single theatre that seats 614. It's not in a mulitplex like the other IMAX rooms that have to worry about making too much noise because of the other auditoriums in the complex. The picture and sound quality is just exceptional at the Cinesphere and I can't wait to see "Avengers: Infinity War" there. PERIOD. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

http://ontarioplace.com/en/cinesphere/

Yeah, I'm an IMAX snob only because the movie was filmed entirely in IMAX, so I won't pay for anything but IMAX.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
the woodbridge imax is really that bad?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
badOne wrote: the woodbridge imax is really that bad?
No, it is one of "real IMAX" theatres that belong in Cineplex Holy Trinity of IMAX theatres in the GTA. You can't really go wrong with the 3 listed below. However, it is only the Scotiabank Theatre in downtown Toronto that has laser IMAX projection. Cinesphere has laser IMAX, but doesn't count because it's not part of any movie chain.

1. Scotiabank Theatre downtown Toronto (laser)
2. Mississauga
3. Vaughan

Both Scotiabank and Cinesphere are definitely the best of all the IMAX theatres in the GTA.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
Just once in theatres and I'd like to see it once at least when it's streaming.

Went on a Monday show once it'd been out for a few days because I find the opening shows to be annoying/loud. I'm also not big into seeing the same movie multiple times, I'd rather let it sink in and maybe read a bit about it rather than re-seeing it immediately. I mean it was a great movie but feels weird to spend money over and over to see the same thing no? The other reason is that by the time it's streaming a few months later, I've forgotten chunks of it so I enjoy re-seeing it for the second time a lot more.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: No, it is one of "real IMAX" theatres that belong in Cineplex Holy Trinity of IMAX theatres in the GTA. You can't really go wrong with the 3 listed below. However, it is only the Scotiabank Theatre in downtown Toronto that has laser IMAX projection. Cinesphere has laser IMAX, but doesn't count because it's not part of any movie chain.

1. Scotiabank Theatre downtown Toronto (laser)
2. Mississauga
3. Vaughan

Both Scotiabank and Cinesphere are definitely the best of all the IMAX theatres in the GTA.
Mississauga is laser imax? that's why it's better than Vaughan?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I usually only go see a movie once when it's in the theatre, but I'll definitely buy it on bluray and watch it again :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
badOne wrote: Mississauga is laser imax? that's why it's better than Vaughan?
Let's just say they are a tie for second/third place because they are both NOT laser IMAX like Scotiabank Theatre.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1343 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Mr_Fanta wrote: Let's just say they are a tie for second/third place because they are both NOT laser IMAX like Scotiabank Theatre.
i dont know why they dont spend the money and upgrade them to laser imax.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
As of last Tuesday, I'm tied with the OP for 3 IMAX viewings. I'm planning to see it a couple more times, but probably strictly in laser IMAX. Decided I may not see it at Vaughan's IMAX (saw Black Panther there) and just go back to Scotiabank Theatre again or wait for Cinesphere to show it in laser IMAX.

This Cineplex Movie Gift pack link below should help some RFD members increase their numbers, if we want any chance at "Avatar's" box office world record. LOL

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cineplex ... k-2189051/
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I'm at 4. Saw it on IMAX last night.

We were supposed to see it today while at Scarborough Town Centre but decided to wait Tuesday.

I also bought two of the Avengers COLLECTABLE CUPS. I got Thanos and Spider Man. LOL

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I can't stand Avatar, it got lucky just like Jurassic World. I cannot believe it made the money it did.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17867 upvotes
GTA, ON
This film I'm willing to see a 2nd time in theatres. Saw it on AVX Dolby Atmos (3D). Might have to make the trek down to Scotia for the 2nd viewing.

I will of course watch it again when it arrives on Blu-ray.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote: I can't stand Avatar, it got lucky just like Jurassic World. I cannot believe it made the money it did.
You can't stand a film that was natively shot using IMAX 3D cameras?

A film that was held back from production due to the constraints of technology?

I mean even if you hated the story, you have to give credit to the cinematography of Avatar.

It was quite a feat by Cameron.

Are you guys just using vouchers/passes/points for each of viewings?

I mean $20 bucks for each viewing adds up fast. I've seen it twice now, opening night at Collossus, second time at LieMax, and now waiting for seats/less crowds at Scotiabank. But I'm also using passes to avoid the expenses.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I'm surprised at the "I'm a DC fan so I have no interest". I too am a DC fan, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the ever expanding Marvel Universe. It's made me more interested in Marvel then I've ever been. Still seeing it onces though. I'm too cheap to see movies in the theatre more than once :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: I'm surprised at the "I'm a DC fan so I have no interest". I too am a DC fan, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the ever expanding Marvel Universe. It's made me more interested in Marvel then I've ever been. Still seeing it onces though. I'm too cheap to see movies in the theatre more than once :)
How dare you turn your back on #AvengeDC !!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)