• Apr 17th, 2018 1:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3735 posts
331 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake

Average cost for colour printing

Just curious what the average cost for colour printing is these days from a store? Regular letter sized, double sided. I've called staples and it's $0.40/page. I'm needing 500 done :/.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2163 posts
1117 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Typhoonz wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 10:46 pm
Just curious what the average cost for colour printing is these days from a store? Regular letter sized, double sided. I've called staples and it's $0.40/page. I'm needing 500 done :/.
Well, from Staples it's about 40c/page.

If you phone some other stores you'll get their rates and from that you can extrapolate an average price. Of course, that average could differ based on the sample size so I guess it depends on how much work you want to do in order to get a more accurate mean. You may want to pay close attention to the median too, since that could influence where you end up getting your copies done.

You're welcome.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3556 posts
2700 upvotes
Toronto
Laser printers are really coming down in price. For only $30 more than your print run, you can buy this duplex laser colour printer on sale:

LINK

Depending on how much toner is required for your page, you might not even need more toner than it comes with.

Price out some other local printing places, but I don't think they'll be much cheaper than 40 cents per page, so you might as well spend a bit more, but have a printer for future print runs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5391 posts
2914 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Did you remember to split up your job and use multiple coupons?
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1066 posts
194 upvotes
jm1 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 9:21 am
Laser printers are really coming down in price. For only $30 more than your print run, you can buy this duplex laser colour printer on sale:

LINK

Depending on how much toner is required for your page, you might not even need more toner than it comes with.

Price out some other local printing places, but I don't think they'll be much cheaper than 40 cents per page, so you might as well spend a bit more, but have a printer for future print runs.
That's a good price for a wireless laser printer
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8519 posts
1774 upvotes
London
jm1 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 9:21 am
I think a better comparison would be the cost of toner. Each genuine cart is ~$75, so $300 to print 1300 sheets @5%, making each side cost 23 cents. Of course you could halve that cost using generic toner and assume the risks inherent with them.