Off Topic Archive

Locked: On average, how often does the TTC fail on you?

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2011 11:25 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
46 upvotes

On average, how often does the TTC fail on you?

I was just wondering because today the TTC messed up again, and caused alot of people grief and being late for work again...

How often does this happen? I rmber there was a statistic of how accurate their service is, and it said it was above 90%? I don't think that's entirely true, as they seem to fail the MOST during the times when it COUNTS the most (ie: rush hour, weekend service, etc..)

Whats your experience?
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Share:
103 replies
Oct 26, 2009
529 posts
12 upvotes
I don't take it often but whenever I use it, there is always a problem. One time the conductor just told everybody to f off. Apparently there was a jumper.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
12676 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
Once a week, on average. There should really be a poll in this thread.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1010 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
My husband used to take 1 bus and 2 trains and always used to run into problems. We moved towards the end of last year and he takes one of the downtown express buses and what a difference, there are hardly any problems and it has cut his travel time down dramatically plus the stress. He was very reluctant to pay an extra $30 on top before but now can see how it is worth it.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10250 posts
1066 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What happened?

And to answer your question, so far it's failed me twice this week. Made me late for my exams :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
3917 posts
40 upvotes
Austin/Markham
i think u should specify whether u use the subway or buses. The subway is decent, its the buses that are crappy/unreliable.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6250 posts
766 upvotes
Maybe once every month? I live next to an every 2 minutes express bus route that goes to the subway so it's usually not that bad.
Dec 9, 2008
812 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
The TTC very rarely fails me, at most I would have to wait about 20 minutes or so but that's on a bad day. I mostly take the streetcar or train.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1970 posts
83 upvotes
Strangely enough, it's caused me zero significant delays. There were some hiccups like out-of-service trains halfway into my journey and some power outages, but otherwise, there's been no delays. Plain failing of the TTC? I'd say about once per month.

Though, I always plan delays into my schedule, and I live right on the subway line, so I don't have to worry about overcrowded buses and stuff.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23290 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Got to St. George and the platform was full of people trying to go south.

The new next train in 6 minutes notice on the LCD screen was helpful, so I hopped on the north bound train to Spadina, walked to the southbound platform and squished myself onto the first train and headed south to St. George. Saved my self around 4 trains worth of wait. :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
6976 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
It doesn't
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15908 posts
354 upvotes
often. The wait time is brutal especially during windy/winter days. There were times I waited for 40 minutes for them to come, or they took us half way there and left us in the middle of nowhere for another bus to come pick us up.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
1521 posts
18 upvotes
0 - none
I take 501 streetcar. Before, I was taking the subway and it was horrible.
Oct 9, 2001
780 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
The TTC is unreliable and poorly run.

They are always talking about expansion. I will repeat this over and over:

FIX WHAT YOU GOT FIRST

Signal problems are the biggest issue these days.

ZONE THE SUBWAY. NO one from Scarborough should be paying the same to come downtown as what someone downtown pays to take the streetcar 2 blocks.

It is such an old school, backa$$wards run system. Toronto may be a world class city but it sure as hell does not have a world class public transportation system.

Oh, to answer your question, at least once a week, often more. Today another 40 minute delay.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5713 posts
696 upvotes
Average 4 times a week there is a delay on the subway.
× < >