Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

AVG Internet Security 2015 Free

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2015 5:59 pm
66 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
638 upvotes
BC
Only problem is I keep getting a "Error in Connection" message. Maybe other people have better luck.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2907 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
Problem with their server: Error establishing a database connection
Oct 10, 2005
628 posts
47 upvotes
Winnipeg
I got the same error, However, do NOT click the blue tab that says: "Download it now" ..... Click the green "Free Download" tab .... it works!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
goodyear7909 wrote: I got the same error, However, do NOT click the blue tab that says: "Download it now" ..... Click the green "Free Download" tab .... it works!
where is the green tab? The blue tab seems to be working for me but i just started the dl, 1 min left.

edit - everything seeems to be working fine on my end from blue link.

Thanks OP! Going to give avg paid a shot and see how it is, been using MSE forever but figure I should have something on my desktop if im going to be downloading alot on here.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 is also free for 1 year. Which is better, AVG or BitDefender?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Bitdefender Total Security 2015 is also free for 1 year. Which is better, AVG or BitDefender?
where is BD TS 2015 free for a year? Last one i saw was 6mo.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Financials wrote: where is BD TS 2015 free for a year? Last one i saw was 6mo.
The 6 month key extends to 1 year in February 2015.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: The 6 month key extends to 1 year in February 2015.
Do you have that link by any chance, id prefer bit defender, already uninstalling AVG, this browser hijacking bull***** is too much and it looks like they want to force it on you.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Financials wrote: Do you have that link by any chance, id prefer bit defender, already uninstalling AVG, this browser hijacking bull***** is too much and it looks like they want to force it on you.
Ya go here:
http://www.bitdefender.de/media/html/chip2015/

It's in german but it's easy to understand. Put in your email and the captcha.

Download links:

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 (32bit)
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 (64bit)
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
i have the avg internet 2015 for last few months now but is the bit defender any better?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
blazed16 wrote: i have the avg internet 2015 for last few months now but is the bit defender any better?
I find the interface to be better myself, the independant review sites show bit defender near the top of all programs... also less invasive from the brief 20 min i spent with AVG (basically hijacked my browser)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Ya go here:
http://www.bitdefender.de/media/html/chip2015/

It's in german but it's easy to understand. Put in your email and the captcha.

Download links:

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 (32bit)
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 (64bit)
Thanks again. Is this what you use currently? I always stuck with MSE + MalwareBytes but I was usually on school laptops that i didnt download much on or go to websites (random gaming, torrent ect) that i will on a desktop and could be infected, now i think i need something better. Trying to find the least invasive but still strong protection.

EDIT: Weird, giving my conflicts with Asus AI Suite 3 (the installer opens AI Suite installer? lol)... Either im really baked or this ***** is incompatible with ASUS software.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Financials wrote: Thanks again. Is this what you use currently? I always stuck with MSE + MalwareBytes but I was usually on school laptops that i didnt download much on or go to websites (random gaming, torrent ect) that i will on a desktop and could be infected, now i think i need something better. Trying to find the least invasive but still strong protection.

EDIT: Weird, giving my conflicts with Asus AI Suite 3 (the installer opens AI Suite installer? lol)... Either im really baked or this ***** is incompatible with ASUS software.
The Bitdefender installer opens programs it needs to uninstall before installing, I believe. When I installed it it opened up Avast uninstaller and MalwareBytes uninstaller.
I dont know why it would conflict with that program though.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
I use this site all the time for free antivirus (I guess I'm just to cheap to pay for it!). I've spent alot of time with both AVG and BitDefender when they go for free from the site (it happens very often).

I like both of them, but I prefer BitDefender - it tends to score better in most AV tests (in fact it's usually near the top - even trading blows with Kaspersky, which I tend to think is the best of the bunch these days).

One thing I don't like is, as BobSagget mentioned, it asks you to uninstall conflicting programs, which is fine for other Anti-virus programs (you shouldn't have more than one anti-virus program running anyway), but I don't like how it wants AntiMalwareBytes gone as well.
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
AVG is false sense of security. The engine sucks resources, it doesn't detect very much of anything, has no proactive defenses...people still use antivirii in 2015, really? not to forget to mention AVG is known for phoning home with all sorts of information about your usage habits, computer info, and files on your PC.

install your OS (offline), create a backup image, store that image somewhere on a key or CD, and restore to that image every couple weeks. this is only good if you do not have a bootkit/ROM based virus (*cough* Apple)

exploits, vulns and malware make antivirus literally useless in 2015. Ads on webpages are now possible vectors for infection...

Endpoint protection from Symantec (on windoze) is still the best when combined with weekly/daily anti-malware scans and totally wiping/formatting every 4-6 weeks. symantec is also a bit questionable in terms of its 'phoning home', but its helped me countless times with PROACTIVE actions being taken right then and there at the time of intrusion.

its a very good rule not to install anything 'free' from a protection company that also 'sells' the same products.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
Since when has AVG been a paid service? I remember using it for free years ago