Personal Finance

Avion/American Express/Other partners to Aeroplan/BA/AA point transfer promo history

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2018 1:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2900 posts
1335 upvotes
lingecw wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:16 am
How did you search and book those flights? Using the British Airways.com? When I tried that with BA, it return an error saying that BA and its partner don't fly this route.
You have to call in.
I'd love to write history... in advance.
AMEX Biz Plat 75K AGAIN! | Plat 60K | Biz Gold 40K | Gold 25K | SPG 20K
Feb 12, 2002
664 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
atomiton wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:02 am
Yeah, I booked 6 flights BLI-KOA for 25k + $9 each. I just booked 4 flights SEA-CUN for 25k + $90. If you're on the West Coast... Alaskan Airlines through BA are great redemptions.
Great redemptions! I'm waiting for the RBC Avion to Avios promo, hopefully 50% bonus. Alaska is flying out of Everett WA next fall, hopefully some warm destinations
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2812 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
bhp wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:57 pm
Great redemptions! I'm waiting for the RBC Avion to Avios promo, hopefully 50% bonus. Alaska is flying out of Everett WA next fall, hopefully some warm destinations
Have you done this transfer before? I just got the RBC Avion card and want to do take advantage of the 50% bonus transfer too. Do I need to sign up an Avios account beforehand or does that come with the RBC Avion card?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
1317 posts
1089 upvotes
Montreal
Elfwood wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:27 pm
Have you done this transfer before? I just got the RBC Avion card and want to do take advantage of the 50% bonus transfer too. Do I need to sign up an Avios account beforehand or does that come with the RBC Avion card?
You need to create a British Airways Executive Club account, as it is BA that is the transfer partner, not Avios. Once they are in your BA account, you can transfer them to your AerLingus, Iberia or Avios accounts free of charge if you so desire.

Here are the details:
RBC Avion cardholders± and clients who hold other eligible RBC Royal Bank products or services that earn RBC Rewards points†, have the option of converting their RBC Rewards points to Avios¥. The world-renowned British Airways‡ Executive Club offers redemptions for all classes of airline tickets including business class, with no maximum ticket prices on redemptions.

You must be a member of the British Airways Executive Club‡ in order to convert your points. For enrolment information, visit British Airways online at www.ba.com/theclub.

Convert your points in just three easy steps:

Enrol: Join British Airways Executive Club - visit www.ba.com/theclub.
Convert: Convert a minimum of 10,000 RBC Rewards points into Avios below or by calling us at 1-800 ROYAL® 1-2 ( 1-800-769-2512). If you're a commercial cardholder, please call 1-888 ROYAL® 3-4 (1-888-769-2534).
Redeem: Redeem your Avios by calling British Airways at 1-800-452-1201 or online at www.ba.com .
Please allow 72 hours to ensure that your British Airways Executive Club member number has been activated.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2812 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
efrant wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:34 pm
You need to create a British Airways Executive Club account, as it is BA that is the transfer partner, not Avios. Once they are in your BA account, you can transfer them to your AerLingus, Iberia or Avios accounts free of charge if you so desire.

Here are the details:
Thanks for the info!

So when does the transfer bonus gets applied? When I transfer RBC Rewards points into my British Airways Executive Club account (by calling 1-800-769-2512)? or when I transfer points from my British Airways Executive Club account to Avios?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
1317 posts
1089 upvotes
Montreal
Elfwood wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:51 pm
Thanks for the info!

So when does the transfer bonus gets applied? When I transfer RBC Rewards points into my British Airways Executive Club account (by calling 1-800-769-2512)? or when I transfer points from my British Airways Executive Club account to Avios?
When you transfer your RBC Rewards to your BA account. (You don't have to call in -- just put in your BA account number in RBC's Rewards website, and when you get the avios in your BA account, the bonus will be there as well.)

There's no need to transfer your avios from your BA account to an Avios account -- you only need to do that if if you want to transfer avios to AerLingus or Iberia (both of them, along with BA, use avios as their loyalty currency).
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2812 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
efrant wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:59 pm
When you transfer your RBC Rewards to your BA account. (You don't have to call in -- just put in your BA account number in RBC's Rewards website, and when you get the avios in your BA account, the bonus will be there as well.)

There's no need to transfer your avios from your BA account to an Avios account -- you only need to do that if if you want to transfer avios to AerLingus or Iberia (both of them, along with BA, use avios as their loyalty currency).
I think I was confused but you have cleared it up for me.

My spouse also has the RBC Avion. Can we transfer both our RBC Avions into the same BA account? Or is there unlimited allowable spousal transfer between BA accounts that we should have two separate BA accounts?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
1317 posts
1089 upvotes
Montreal
Elfwood wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:16 pm
I think I was confused but you have cleared it up for me.

My spouse also has the RBC Avion. Can we transfer both our RBC Avions into the same BA account? Or is there unlimited allowable spousal transfer between BA accounts that we should have two separate BA accounts?
I don't know if you can transfer from two RBC Rewards accounts to one BA account. (It doesn't ask for your name, only the number, so who knows, it may be possible -- maybe some who's tried it can chime in).

As for transfers between BA accounts -- I don't think it's possible the way you are saying, i.e., transfer from a spouse to the other spouse , but you can set up a household account which, effectively is the same thing (at least from my understanding, as I haven't tried it), i.e., the linked accounts can be pooled and the pooled points can be used for redemptions (though technically they remain in separate BA accounts). See here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-ca/ex ... d-accounts
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2812 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
arvind84 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:47 pm
Aeroplan 25% bonus on hotel transfers until April 16.

aeroplan-aeroplan-25-hotel-point-conver ... s-2177921/
Last time 30% bonus explicitly stated no bonus for 7-night travel package from Marriott
https://www.aeroplan.com/Fall2017Conver ... anguage=en
This offer is not applicable to Hotel+Air package redemptions offered by Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest.
This time the 25% bonus language is more relaxed on the 7-night travel package from Marriott
https://www.aeroplan.com/spring-2018-ma ... anguage=en
Please note that some hotel loyalty programs have hotel and flight redemption packages where Aeroplan Miles are issued. It is at the discretion of each Hotel Program if these miles are deemed a conversion of points to miles or simply a bonus earned for the redemption.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1244 posts
867 upvotes
Oakville
Elfwood wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:56 pm
Last time 30% bonus explicitly stated no bonus for 7-night travel package from Marriott

This time the 25% bonus language is more relaxed on the 7-night travel package from Marriott
Yes, I noticed that. Waiting for a data point before I commit. Fingers crossed!
If the packages are not eligible, then the 25% bonus is not that great, considering we just had a 35% promo.
Jan 3, 2013
552 posts
171 upvotes
Mississauga
Elfwood wrote:

Darn it missed this promo! I just redeemed a Marriott 7 night travel package about a week ago.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1215 posts
444 upvotes
Vancouver
Elfwood wrote:
Last time 30% bonus explicitly stated no bonus for 7-night travel package from Marriott This time the 25% bonus language is more relaxed on the 7-night travel package from Marriott
arvind84 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:06 pm
Yes, I noticed that. Waiting for a data point before I commit. Fingers crossed!
If the packages are not eligible, then the 25% bonus is not that great, considering we just had a 35% promo.
looking4deals1 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:08 am
Darn it missed this promo! I just redeemed a Marriott 7 night travel package about a week ago.
According to reddit, Marriott mentions this on their site: "*Bonus miles from Aeroplan (Air Canada) offers are not applicable."

So looks like a no go guys - sorry!
Dec 12, 2004
350 posts
72 upvotes
RBC Avion transfer to British Airways Avios and the points showed up in the BA account the next day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)