Personal Finance

Avion/American Express/Other partners to Aeroplan/BA/AA point transfer promo history

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 2:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
19000 posts
2578 upvotes
Waterloo
BoogieMan wrote:
Dec 15th, 2015 1:49 pm
What are the best uses of AA?
It's up to you
To me, it may be Economy off-peak to somewhere vs. some prefer BUSINESS Class

http://travelisfree.com/2015/12/07/the- ... -march-16/
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4288 posts
299 upvotes
BoogieMan wrote:
Dec 15th, 2015 2:28 pm
Helpful. Thanks.
With so many devaluations in the last two years, it's hard to know what's best.
My views are my own and not those of anyone other than myself – as if someone may have thought they were. :rolleyes: and if you want legal advice, go and pay for it...
Aug 3, 2006
672 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
mkjr wrote:
Dec 15th, 2015 6:45 pm
With so many devaluations in the last two years, it's hard to know what's best.
Yep, I understand your point.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4288 posts
299 upvotes
crimsona wrote:
Dec 15th, 2015 8:04 pm
They're all about the same. Post devaluation, a program should be steady for a couple of years. For now, book what you can at AA before March

If you only ever chase the programs that haven't, you'll always be disappointed.
agree...i have lots still sitting in BA but can push it over to AA as well as points parked in SPG that can go either way also....ah...the games we play...
My views are my own and not those of anyone other than myself – as if someone may have thought they were. :rolleyes: and if you want legal advice, go and pay for it...
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4288 posts
299 upvotes
anyone have an inside line on whether there is going to be an RBC to BA bonus soon? i wonder if we continue to see a 30% only....
Aug 5, 2007
306 posts
42 upvotes
Any chance of another AMEX-avios transfer bonus soon?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1639 posts
576 upvotes
Anyone know if there's a way to transfer AMEX MR (Canada) to ANA Mileage Club? ANA only charges 50k to get to Japan, AP is 75k for all of Asia 1. Any other creative way to transfer to ANA?
AMEX Biz Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || Personal Gold 25K || SPG 20K
Travel-hacker level: Silver? (^_^)
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
19000 posts
2578 upvotes
Waterloo
atomiton wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 7:33 pm
Anyone know if there's a way to transfer AMEX MR (Canada) to ANA Mileage Club? ANA only charges 50k to get to Japan, AP is 75k for all of Asia 1. Any other creative way to transfer to ANA?
Not directly for AMEX MR Canada
You can do AMEX MR -> SPG -> ANA but that's a bad deal anyway
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
6716 posts
2138 upvotes
BC
atomiton wrote:Anyone know if there's a way to transfer AMEX MR (Canada) to ANA Mileage Club? ANA only charges 50k to get to Japan, AP is 75k for all of Asia 1. Any other creative way to transfer to ANA?
jerryhung wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 8:47 pm
atomiton wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 7:33 pm
Not directly for AMEX MR Canada
You can do AMEX MR -> SPG -> ANA but that's a bad deal anyway
Right, 2 Amex MR -> 1 SPG ... bad deal.

Slightly better deal: 1.3 CAD Amex MR -> 1.0 USD Amex MR

You need to open a US Amex card with MR though, and one that has transfer ability to ANA.
POLL: How many credit cards do you CARRY?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
36208 posts
7034 upvotes
Is Avion really good to fly from Toronto to the Far East. My aunt said yes but Jerry H says no as the flights on Cathay are very limited. Maybe my aunt has a more flexible schedule because she flies out on her own.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3666 posts
536 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 4:25 pm
Is Avion really good to fly from Toronto to the Far East. My aunt said yes but Jerry H says no as the flights on Cathay are very limited. Maybe my aunt has a more flexible schedule because she flies out on her own.
Avios/One World coverage in Asia is pretty limited unless flying in/out of hubs Hong Kong, Malaysia or Japan.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel