Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9931 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
batcave wrote:
May 17th, 2006 10:29 pm
I agree with UrbanPoet, it sounds like a scam. Stay away, very far away.

If you want to play them, ask for successful customers; references! :twisted:
Won’t work as they’ll have tons of fakes ready to go.

Reminds me of the time I got called for an interview and it ended up being some scammy sales BS. You could tell half the audience worked for them because when I said to the woman beside me this is all a scam, about 6 people in front of me turned around and gave me a stare of death. As I stood up to walk out they called in their supposed “highest sellers” and all these people did was say “I am diamond, I am gold” etc etc.

All the products were absolute crap. And I walked out. Person who invited me stopped me and asked how I liked it, because I was so mad I didn’t respond to the guy and he chased me down. He tried giving me a bunch of free crap, I took it and dropped it in the garbage can, told him “f*** you, you lied to me entirely about what this was, you’re a scammer and I’m going to make sure everyone on your social media profiles know not to respond to you”

He then apologized to which I said I don’t care and I left.

I know I have a whole thread on here floating around about that experience.

OP walk away and don’t get scammed.
Sep 17, 2017
88 posts
31 upvotes
Is the interviewer programmed by AI or something? Sounds so unnatural lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8201 posts
517 upvotes
It sounds worst than those World Financial Group seminars, all they want in the seminars is to recruit "new blood" to sign up for their training courses ($$$) in order to feed their "upper management" on the top. We should probably have a sticky thread here for World Financial Group scam Face With Tears Of Joy
iExcel wrote:
May 17th, 2006 10:18 pm
I had an interview with a company that offers "marketing" service for professionals who want to step up to be mid to sr level managers.

At the beginning, I was asked to highlight my previous professional engagements, why I want to quit the current job and what I'm looking for down the road for the next 5 ~ 10 years. These questions are valid and normal.

After quickly going over my resume (actually, this process only took less than 1 minute), the interviewer said my experience looks great and defnitely wanted to put me through to the next round of interview.

Now, the weird thing happened. He asked me to bring my wife with me for the 2nd round interview. And if possible, I can bring my kid with me. I was very puzzled and asked why since this is my job interview and don't see any reason why my wife has to be there, too.

The interviewer explained that we could have discussions since there would be an advisor in the 2nd interview who will do some preparations so that they can market me. In addition to that, I will pay a fee, "which is not a burden to yourself", for the service provided by the advisor.

I asked how much the fee would be. The interviewer said " I don't know".
I asked when he would know, and he said he'd know the fee AFTER the 2nd interview.
I asked based on your so-many years of experience, how much could the fee be, roughly? He said he didn't know.

He then asked me to book a time to go on to the 2nd interview. I said I'd discuss it with my wife. He said no discussion required as it is just an appointment and he could do on weekends.

I expressed my concern about the fee as I have never been asked to pay a penny for any job hunting services. The interviewer said that they're not a job agent or broker, they're a 'marketing' company that can help market you.

Well, I wanted to play safe and didn't want to continue as it didn't look normal to me. He then said, "You don't understand our business and you are not a fit". He said " You are a perfect fit " after we went through my resume.

I don't know if I was too sensitive or something, but I felt that that was something cheating. Does anyone know or has anyone gone through similar interviews with some so-called marketers?
Jan 12, 2010
149 posts
37 upvotes
Can't believe this is still going on since 2006, need to renew legislation to ban this type of "predatory business"