Tags:
Banned
Sep 5, 2006
585 posts
Richmond Hill
FYI: THIS COMPANY HAS CHANGED ITS NAME AND URL TO:

http://www.rjkassoc.com/index.html
Wasserkool Box:
AMD X2 BE 6400+ || 2GB OCZ Platinum || 8800GT SLI || 300GB Seagate Cheetah 15.5K SAS & 500GB Seagate 7200.11 || LSI MegaRaid 8344ELP SAS || Alphacool H20 Cooling || Creative X-Fi || Lenovo L220X

Terra Network Attached Storage Server
ASUS K8N-LR || Opteron 165 || 1GB Corsair Ram || 4 X Seagate 7200.10 250GB 16mb cache RAID 5 || 147GB Maxtor Atlas IV & 147GB Fujitsu MAP3147 || 3Ware 9550SX-8LP
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
God_Anubis wrote:
Sep 12th, 2007 11:28 pm
It's very shocking to read some of these stories. And the saddest part of it all is that there are nonprofit or government-based job placement agencies out there such as the YMCA youth employment service or the Ontario Works employment agency that do a MUCH BETTER job than these scumbags, even though they cater to a specific group. For instance, they will tell you upfront that 1 simple spelling or grammar error in your resume will completely ruin your hiring candidacy. And they do it for FREE!
For those Ontario Works centres- you can also use them even if you are not in any unemplyment program.
I went there with one of my friends as they ask if you are in a program already and if not you just had to show proof you lived in the city.

They had computers, a fax you could use, resume help and also a database of jobs to apply for.
They also had info on job programs for underemployed people :lol: and people done school.

I actually want to go to one of their centres sometime to redo my resume.
They were very helpful in formatting it for me and making it look better.
Jun 4, 2008
1 posts
St. Louis, MO
:cheesygri Well welcome to the U.S.! I was just reading this forum after looking up an email I received. Notice the woman's email address? I noticed someone mentioned this new group. Well I supposed they moved here to St. Louis!!

Well welcome to the US of A!! Here's the whole email. Thanks to you guys I'm not planning on responding to this at all. lol :cheesygri

regarding your resume‏
Sent: Wed 6/04/08 10:36 PM
To: jbernie@msn.com

I reviewed a resume you have online and would like to speak with you if you are still evaluating opportunities and looking for that next great challenge.

Our firm represents senior executives and managers in the greater St Louis area that may fit in with one of the local companies that we have built relationships with over the last 10-15 years.

I am not sure that I have the most current version of your resume so if you have a version you have updated in the last month or so, please attach it to your reply to me.

Please Use the following link to no longer receive emails from us:
http://www.recruitmenttech.com/emails/o ... ie@msn.com

{1501626|236}

*That's the whole email. Don't know what those numbers are for at the bottom, probably the amount of people they've attempted to scam.* :lol: :lol:
Sep 20, 2008
5 posts
Toronto
I joined this chat board just to respond to this thread. My background is in executive search. It's "companies" like this that give the recruitment industry a bad name.

There are legitimate career counselling services that do provide good service to job hunters. However, no career counsellor can promise you'll get a job, so if one does, that's a red flag. The career counsellor should be very clear with you about the limits of their ability to help. Also, the services they provide should be clearly spelled out and the entire fee structure disclosed prior to you engaging them.

The most important rule in dealing with recruitment agencies is this: The candidate NEVER pays a fee. A firm that charges you a fee is unethical and in a clear conflict of interest because they are working on behalf of the employer, not on behalf of the candidate. In fact, I would suggest that a search firm should not engage in career counselling as a side business (most do not) simply because of the perception that there could be a conflict of interest.

When talking with recruiting agencies, candidates need to get a sense of how the agency operates and what its business model is. There are very legitimate agencies. There are also slimy ones. One thing to consider is whether you are the type of candidate a company would pay a fee to a third party to hire. If you're at a junior level, it may hurt your chances of being hired if you have someone marketing your resume all over town - consider the situation from a hiring manager's perspective: unless the employer has contracted a firm to do a search, it is unlikely that they will be willing to pay a fee for the privilege of hiring you. So when dealing with a recruitment firm, ask them how your resume will be handled and tell them you do not want it sent out the employers unless they have a contract with that company to supply candidates.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8454 posts
9 upvotes
Silverdart wrote:
Sep 21st, 2008 10:30 am
I joined this chat board just to respond to this thread. My background is in executive search. It's "companies" like this that give the recruitment industry a bad name.

There are legitimate career counselling services that do provide good service to job hunters. However, no career counsellor can promise you'll get a job, so if one does, that's a red flag. The career counsellor should be very clear with you about the limits of their ability to help. Also, the services they provide should be clearly spelled out and the entire fee structure disclosed prior to you engaging them.

The most important rule in dealing with recruitment agencies is this: The candidate NEVER pays a fee. A firm that charges you a fee is unethical and in a clear conflict of interest because they are working on behalf of the employer, not on behalf of the candidate. In fact, I would suggest that a search firm should not engage in career counselling as a side business (most do not) simply because of the perception that there could be a conflict of interest.

When talking with recruiting agencies, candidates need to get a sense of how the agency operates and what its business model is. There are very legitimate agencies. There are also slimy ones. One thing to consider is whether you are the type of candidate a company would pay a fee to a third party to hire. If you're at a junior level, it may hurt your chances of being hired if you have someone marketing your resume all over town - consider the situation from a hiring manager's perspective: unless the employer has contracted a firm to do a search, it is unlikely that they will be willing to pay a fee for the privilege of hiring you. So when dealing with a recruitment firm, ask them how your resume will be handled and tell them you do not want it sent out the employers unless they have a contract with that company to supply candidates.
I hope to see you hanging around and contributing to our forums, thanks for your insight.
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Mar 18, 2009
16 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
iExcel wrote:
May 17th, 2006 10:18 pm
I asked how much the fee would be. The interviewer said " I don't know".
Gotta love that one. Anytime an "I don't know" comes out run.
Currently in the market for:
HD Camcorder
External HD (500GB+)

PSW Job
Foot Stool
Backup HD-DVD Player
May 22, 2009
3 posts
toronto
They also charge a fee for marketing candidates to recruiters..I have come across them at various job fair booths..they have some silver..gold packages..are they also a scam?
iExcel wrote:
May 17th, 2006 10:18 pm
I had an interview with a company that offers "marketing" service for professionals who want to step up to be mid to sr level managers.

At the beginning, I was asked to highlight my previous professional engagements, why I want to quit the current job and what I'm looking for down the road for the next 5 ~ 10 years. These questions are valid and normal.

After quickly going over my resume (actually, this process only took less than 1 minute), the interviewer said my experience looks great and defnitely wanted to put me through to the next round of interview.

Now, the weird thing happened. He asked me to bring my wife with me for the 2nd round interview. And if possible, I can bring my kid with me. I was very puzzled and asked why since this is my job interview and don't see any reason why my wife has to be there, too.

The interviewer explained that we could have discussions since there would be an advisor in the 2nd interview who will do some preparations so that they can market me. In addition to that, I will pay a fee, "which is not a burden to yourself", for the service provided by the advisor.

I asked how much the fee would be. The interviewer said " I don't know".
I asked when he would know, and he said he'd know the fee AFTER the 2nd interview.
I asked based on your so-many years of experience, how much could the fee be, roughly? He said he didn't know.

He then asked me to book a time to go on to the 2nd interview. I said I'd discuss it with my wife. He said no discussion required as it is just an appointment and he could do on weekends.

I expressed my concern about the fee as I have never been asked to pay a penny for any job hunting services. The interviewer said that they're not a job agent or broker, they're a 'marketing' company that can help market you.

Well, I wanted to play safe and didn't want to continue as it didn't look normal to me. He then said, "You don't understand our business and you are not a fit". He said " You are a perfect fit " after we went through my resume.

I don't know if I was too sensitive or something, but I felt that that was something cheating. Does anyone know or has anyone gone through similar interviews with some so-called marketers?
Jul 6, 2004
160 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
(sorry if this has been posted)

hi all, i just got let go from my job and i'm in one of those career transition programs. they warned us about these 'services'

the reason they want your spouse there is because the amount they charge usually needs to be cleared by both account holders.

Just to reiterate what everyone's been saying: yup, its a scam. remember, no one is able to manage your career except yourself!
May 26, 2008
94 posts
is this a different company from cornerstone group of companies located in toronto at eglinton ave west?
Aug 27, 2005
652 posts
33 upvotes
AVOID RDG Careers 350 Bay Street, Level 9, Toronto, ON. Phone 416-363-9244

This is Haldane all over again.... even down to the spousal interviews.

Fisrt google RDG Careers
then google RDG Carrers Rip OFF

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 13428.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/Comp ... reers.aspx

suzywonton@gmail.com who seems to register all the sites is associated with about 310 domains including:
TO-JOB-SUCCESS.NET
rdgcareers.info
rdgcareers.com
robertsonagencies.com

Domain name: rdgcareers.com

Administrative Contact:
-
Amy Wong ()
+1.4167825671
Fax:
2500 Bathurst Street
Suite 109
Toronto, ONTARIO M6B 2Y8
CA

Meet Your RDG Careers rip-off Team who offer over 100 years of scamming expertise:

Dale A. Smith, President & COO, BA
Richard M. Bastasich, General Manager, New Client Development, BA
Steven D. Fischer, Vice-President, BA
Murray J. Nahnybida, Director, Client Services, BA
I'm not MEAN!....I'm just careful... ;)
DIVETABLES.ORG :cool:
Jun 4, 2010
1 posts
Canada
Exactly the same scenario happened to me with a company called Job Success 350 Bay Street in Toronto...Don Lutzco--people out there be ware! In my opinion it is just a huge scam! nobody can guarantee you a job.
Mar 21, 2010
297 posts
22 upvotes
Thornhill
STAY AWAY FROM JOB SUCCESS 350 BAY STREET

& ROBERTSON RECRUITING

They are pulling the same scam. Roberston sends the initial email to candidate.

Susan from JOB SUCCESS calls to setup the appointments.

Then you meet someone in their office (I met WILLIAM LEE).

These people are snakes!