Careers

Avoid Cornerstone / Canadian Career Managemant Group

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2016 8:49 pm
Tags:
Nov 29, 2007
95 posts
Could the OP put up the company name "Job Success" on the title of this thread as well.

I had a friend who attended one of these "interviews" and had entire same experience as you guys. It sounded very legit from the beginning but at the end the recruitment guy told him to bring his wife along next time for moral support. The interviewer also refused to mention how much the services will cost. From there on, he instantly knew it was a scam and he is never going back again.

Their website is: http://www.to-job-success.net/

PLEASE BE AWARE! I really hope this company burns down to the ground after hearing what they do.
Sep 15, 2007
201 posts
3 upvotes
Hm. What exactly happens when you interact with this company? Scheduled appointment. I will call and cancel. Am I in the scam **** yet?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5683 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
steam03 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2010 1:14 pm
Hm. What exactly happens when you interact with this company? Scheduled appointment. I will call and cancel. Am I in the scam **** yet?

If you paid them money already, then yes. Otherwise, you are in the clear as long as you break all contact and never give them a cent!
Apr 26, 2007
89 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
I'm glad I looked this up! Job Success was at the National Job Fair that happened at the beginning of this month at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. They must have gotten hundreds of resumes there including mine because there was a huge line up to meet with these people and 'go over' your resume. When I got to the front of the line, the rep that I talked to said that my resume looked very promising and if I was very serious about getting a job to call their office and book an appointment. I asked exactly how their company worked, what jobs they had available or what companies they dealt with and all I got back in response was a smile and that if I was serious, I should come in. Because I thought the whole meeting was very strange, I never followed up and didn't think much of it. Today, Susan gave me a call and said they had a cancellation and asked if I was available to meet. I said I'd have to think about it and give them a call. I gave them a call back 10 min after and Susan didn't recall me or my resume and asked if I had spoken to her yesterday. By this point I was really weirded out and looked them up which brought me here. Thank goodness!
Oct 6, 2010
33 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I attend a Job Fair at Mel Lastman Square today on Yonge Street in Toronto.

Job Success was there. I was given an appt on the spot and was told that I was just one of three that were given appointments today. I guess I look like I have money. Nice.

Thanks for RFD and the www for alerting me to this. Sad to prey on people when they are already without incomes/jobs. What's next, stealing from the homeless person's jar? Unreal.
Dec 21, 2010
3 posts
vancouver
I almost laugh my ass off that some retards will fall for **** like this. if you are desperate for a job go find a MacJob instead;
Nov 24, 2007
78 posts
14 upvotes
dc0de wrote:
Jun 11th, 2010 11:57 pm
STAY AWAY FROM JOB SUCCESS 350 BAY STREET & ROBERTSON RECRUITING

They are pulling the same scam. Roberston sends the initial email to candidate.

Susan from JOB SUCCESS calls to setup the appointments.

These people are snakes!

Thanks
I have just got a call from Job Success' Susan who wanted an appointment with me tomorrow to discuss no specific job. I found it sketchy and couldn't get time off work last minute to meet with them either. Looked them up after hanging up and found a bunch of complaints online.

I haven't attended any job fairs, wonder where they got my contact number.
Jun 4, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
Same scam, different booth.

I was contacted by Haldane a couple of times over the years. The first time, I went in for an 'interview' but got out of there fast.

The 2nd time, I just turned them down outright.

Just 2 weeks ago, I was contacted by this group and once I googled the site and saw they were the same ol', same ol' - I called them back and cancelled.

http://www.profjobsont.com/

It is difficult to do anything about them as they are careful about offering coaching services - they do not ever say they are a recruiting company, so are not breaking any laws 0 just moral ones.

Buyer beware!

Actually - don't buy! Do not pay anyone to get a job for you! Ever!
Jul 6, 2007
553 posts
62 upvotes
If someone asked you to pay to get a job.it is a SCAM. do not pay for work basic and simple.
Jun 27, 2011
3 posts
MAPLE
Stay far away from these evils. All they want to target is your hard-earned $$$. And that's it.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2631 posts
76 upvotes
haha.. Sounds like a scam. Wonder if they are reeling in any chumps?
Aug 19, 2010
290 posts
16 upvotes
How is it this is allowed to continue? Why hasn't there been a case made against all these *******s that take advantage of people.... There all over the place, and nothing is being done about it.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4059 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
I think the title should be changed....Cornerstone is no longer in business I don't think.
Let's Get You Married
Aug 31, 2004
518 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
Take a look at their privacy policy, http://www.to-job-success.net/privacy-policy.htm# , it is a bit different than most companies. Purchase history is collected. Type of operation suits staying away from.

"What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect the following information about you:
- name, address, postal codes and telephone numbers
- customer demographics (age, gender, household income)
- customer financial information (including payment card and credit card numbers)
- purchase history and product preferences
- customer opinions, interests and hobbies
Jun 16, 2008
652 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Any updates on the company or new companies that do the same thing?