Automotive

AVOID Mississauga Hyundai at all costs!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 6:33 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2011
195 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga

AVOID Mississauga Hyundai at all costs!!!

I am an active member of the Gencoupe forums and really want to share this review written by one of our fellow members. After reading this, I am disgusted by the treatment our member received from this dealership. For those who live in Mississauga, please take note.

Original thread: http://www.gencoupe.com/ontario/129824- ... ost1523351
Jankz wrote:
Apr 8th, 2005 10:03 pm
So the local dealer which is where I also bought my car was the obvious choice for servicing and doing any warranty work. Its super close and I got to know some of the guys there so it seemed like the right choice. This ofcourse was all well and good until the problem started which led to an eventual BAN from that dealer.

The first major issue occured when I kept bringing the car in for balancing and allignment. As many of you have probably experienced, for whatever reason the car came not balanced properly and wants to pull to the left. This being under warranty ofcourse seemed like the logical thing to bring in and get fixed. Im not really going to go into why after 3-4 tries the car was still doing the same thing, or what they actually did with the car (if anything) in that time, but I will show you what they did to the inside of the rims.
[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... G_0171.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... G_0170.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... G_0169.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... G_0165.jpg[/IMG]
Now I have had rims balanced before, I have done them myself before and watched shops do them, never have I seen this done to any of them. When I noticed this I obviously went to complain and I got to talk to the shop foreman. He looked at it and proceeded to tell me that they have to rough it up in order for the weight to stick on. Also that this isn't a problem as the inside of the rims will get dirty anyhow and I wont see it. This, as you may imagine was a load of crap and I was not too impressed. They refused to do anything for me as it was "fine" and I had no choice but to leave. I got the rims refinished with a help of a friend who worked there that talked to another manager who agreed this was super shady.

The next item, I can't really prove but what they said made no sense so I'll let you decide.
I had my fuel pump replaced because it was making that whiny noise that some of you may or may not have already experienced. Day after I parked at the gym, came back to the car and went to start it. The car wouldn't start and all I saw was fuel pumping to the ground under the car. Skipping the grueling 2.5 hours of waiting for the right tow truck and having to call the fire dept to clear it first, it got towed to the then closed dealership. I went in early the next day and they took it in and fixed it rather quickly. The explanation was, that a pebble bounced off the road and hit the clip holding my high pressure line on and it got disconnected. Now...if you have had the chance to look under the vehicle, the lines are all connected on top of the tank, and the gap between the rail and fuel tank is very small. So the chances of this guided missle of a rock to hit this clip and cause this seems extremely unlikely. What is more lilely is that they line was not put back on all the way and it came off, perhaps not even with a clip (guess we'll never know now).

Last item, and the one that put the final nail in the coffin. Got my headlights repalced due to condensation. While replacing the right one they asked me to come into the shop to help transfer the HID bulb from one and on to the other. This is fine, they don't feel comfortable with it as to not damage. No problem. That light was replaced no problem. Now on the left side, that light got resealed, and then replaced. Each time the bulb was taken out and placed back in without asking for my help to do it. Everything was done, seemed fine and I left on my way. Day after I noticed the light was out, and it was dark so I waited till the next day to check it out (figure they didn't connect one of the wires all the way in or something). Open her up and sure enough, the ground wasn't connected. Then I saw this...

[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... G_2452.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... G_2453.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... G_2450.jpg[/IMG]
They managed to break off and separate the bulb from the lock neck. Left the neck still locked in and put the bulb to just flop around inside. Now if it wasn't for the light going out, I prolly wouldn't have had noticed AT all, so lucky?
Obviously now super pissed, I went in to talk to a manager. I told him the issue, and he basically said that his guy said he didn't do it and that he doesn't know that it wasn't me that did it. This went back and forth and resulted in me being banned from the dealership as they clearly see I didn't think their work was up to my standards.

So let everyone make their own conclusions from this, and I'm sure there are people who haven't had problems with them. Im not going to go and slander and call them incompetent or anything, but I think people should be aware of what others have experienced.

EDIT: So I was informed that my complaining to Hyundai Canada actually did something. Turns out that the dealership got fined and got audited on their work. So if you got a bad service or got the car damaged and they are not willing to do anything, it makes a difference writting to Hyundai Canada and the Better Business Bureau.
Just a note, they are trying to turn away any customers that didn't purchase the car at the dealership. They can't do that so make sure you don't fall for it. If they refuse to do the work, take the name of the person that said it, and file a complaint.
Things wont change unless people voice their opinions, we have a voice and bought into the warranty and the service and should be heard if we are not being treated like customers.
On the final note, I am NOT bashing Mississauga Hyundai as a whole but ONLY their service department. I never had a problem with the sales staff and I would recommend Brian Tan from that dealership. No BS type of guy and very straight forward.

Did anyone else here had a bad experience from Mississauga Hyundai's service department? Voice your concerns to Hyundai Canada and BBB. Take a stand!
45 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4480 posts
768 upvotes
London
Nav Bhatia doesn't like you brah. Probably because you're a Heat fan or something. LJ stands for Lebron James?
[OP]
Mar 1, 2011
195 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga
spham wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 2:12 am
Nav Bhatia doesn't like you brah. Probably because you're a Heat fan or something. LJ stands for Lebron James?
Haha very funny :p

Besides, I'm merely sharing this review written by someone else so others are aware. Luckily, I didn't have to experience this.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2011
1860 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow, unbelievable. Spend thousands to buy a new car and then have these idiots destroy it for you. Bad enough to keep me from ever buying a Hyundai.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7911 posts
727 upvotes
I am sure the OP regret buying a Hyundai. Logic says if OP didn't buy the Hyundai this would not happen.

1) The Hyundai is obviously defective and thus always requiring to be taken in to shop for some issues. Should have bought a Japanese car bro.
2) Yes, the peeps working at these shops blow. I notice the best mechanics don't work at dealership, because the owners are cheap. They want to charge premium wages for apprentices to work on the car. Now we know why some dealership owners are bloody cruising in a G wagon or Hummer or other super high end cars.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2502 posts
93 upvotes
this is the kind of stuff that keeps me away from certain dealerships. thankfully my dealership (Maple VW) has treated me well so far.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12369 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
So far, Agincourt Hyundai has been great for me.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5290 posts
1323 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
spike1128 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 6:47 am
I am sure the OP regret buying a Hyundai. Logic says if OP didn't buy the Hyundai this would not happen.

1) The Hyundai is obviously defective and thus always requiring to be taken in to shop for some issues. Should have bought a Japanese car bro.
2) Yes, the peeps working at these shops blow. I notice the best mechanics don't work at dealership, because the owners are cheap. They want to charge premium wages for apprentices to work on the car. Now we know why some dealership owners are bloody cruising in a G wagon or Hummer or other super high end cars.
That's a bit much isn't it? Doesn't matter what you buy, Hyundai or otherwise, you are likely to get crap from multiple dealerships. I've been screwed around by Toyota. Sounds like you're just a Hyundai hater.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4254 upvotes
That is what happens when even the employees don't believe in the products of the company they sell.

I will never buy a Hyundai.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12369 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
right, and bmw, mercedes, toyota, honda etc.. doesnt have problems of its own and all their dealerships treat their customers like angels?
Jul 22, 2012
717 posts
176 upvotes
This is the reason I bought Honda Civic instead of Hyundai. I don't want to deal with all this crap. I am glad I made a right decision. I have always bought 1-3 years old Honda and I never ran into any of this crap ever. I would be so damn pissed if I had to go through all this after buying a brand new car. This reminds me of VW Canada refusing to cover a known defect of seat warmer malfunction for a Canadian lady, despite earlier safety recall on Jetta, Golf and Gl.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12369 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
ignorant is bliss.. I've had plenty of issues with service at Agincourt Mazda. Does that mean everyone should avoid Mazda like the plague?
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3902 posts
791 upvotes
Halifax
And people call me paranoid for taken a video inspection of my car and including a camera with voice recorder in my car during servicing.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11478 posts
1113 upvotes
Kanata
trixstar wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 11:14 am
ignorant is bliss.. I've had plenty of issues with service at Agincourt Mazda. Does that mean everyone should avoid Mazda like the plague?
Obviously. One person on the Internet reporting bad experience is enough to never buy that brand car.
Dec 2, 2005
931 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
As owner of 2 Hyundais and frequent viewer of some Hyundai forums, I think the number of shady Hyundai dealerships is above average (service department at least)... it's worse in the States..
I won't go to the one in Richmond Hill again (guess what it's called), and the old Markham Hyundai (that's now closed) wasn't great neither...

I'm glad at least DVN Hyundai is actually decent now and have no issues going to them...

Can't complain much about their cars though...