Automotive

AVOID Mississauga Hyundai at all costs!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 6:33 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12315 posts
1270 upvotes
Toronto
spike1128 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 8:12 pm
That's what I am trying to say. Trixstar is just trying to make himself feel better because his SO is wanting to buy a loaded Hyundai. Trix should let us know how many trips he need to bring that Hyundai for warranty work.

I drive a VW and if someone said VW make crap and always break down. I take the criticism because I know VW do break down.
How low. Why make this personal? I see nothing wrong with buying a loaded Hyundai. Im not saying Hyundai is perfect. Im saying that all car manufcturers have problems of their own but you insist on making this personal.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7797 posts
688 upvotes
trixstar wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 8:57 pm
How low. Why make this personal? I see nothing wrong with buying a loaded Hyundai. Im not saying Hyundai is perfect. Im saying that all car manufcturers have problems of their own but you insist on making this personal.
Not personal. Just want to see your first hand experience at Hyundai reliability, that's all.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
412 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Been driving a Hyundai for the last 3 years - no problems at all with the dealer service (401/Dixie Hyundai in Mississauga) or the car.

All you haters need to shut up and realize all dealerships not just one brand have bad service.

I would not hesitate to recommend a Hyundai vehicle to a family member or friends.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12315 posts
1270 upvotes
Toronto
spike1128 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2013 9:00 pm
Not personal. Just want to see your first hand experience at Hyundai reliability, that's all.
well then you'll have to wait a few months. I'm not looking forward to issues with the car, but if it does have a problem, RFD is the first place I would post my experience. Besides, I wouldn't regret having problems with Hyundai cars, I've had issues with other car manufacturers too. Sometimes you get a lemon, sometimes you get one that has issues, sometimes you get lucky. You live and learn and you take chances. I was in no way defending Hyundai. I was stressing to ignorant people that all cars have problems and that you shouldn't avoid a manufacturer because of one bad review online.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1170 posts
123 upvotes
Brampton, ON

I have two from Hyundai of Mississauga and can honestly say that if you know what works needs to be done they wont rip you off (they try to tag a lot of services etc, but which dealer doesn't other than Erin Park Toyota?). I haven't had any workmanship issues with them either.

As for the quality of Hyundai cars that really depends on individual cars. My 2007 Sonata only warranty issue was suspension system loosening after 3-4 years causing misalignment and ruining a set of new tires.

The other one has had issues with its engine from the start. The first time it stalled on the top line of Huronontario Street causing an accident at intersection behind. It has had multiple engine sensor replacements, the last of which was 1 week after warranty was over but company covered it (otherwise it was $1000 to get it done).

If you want low maintenance cars get a Corolla and never think about it. Have two currently along with the Hyundai's and all they need to run is oil changes. No warranty work done on them.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2728 posts
240 upvotes
Edmonton
Hyundai should do something about these shady dealers because they really taint the image of Hyundai as a whole. For example in Edmonton, Sherwood Park Hyundai is such a horrible mess I will never ever recommend people going there, however, South Town Hyundai has nothing but good services so far. But Hyundai dealers should be consistent and if not, Hyundai should take action.
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes
How about just avoid Hyundai "anything". Those cars are junk. Dads a mechanic and worked for Hyundai for many years!
Mar 18, 2017
1 posts
Ok I just took my Girlfriends Hyundai in, and she is being charged 666$ for maintenance??? This is not a repair.... wTF .... is this right??? I'm so glad I don't have a Hyundai... my maintenance is peanuts compared to this
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3858 posts
1260 upvotes
BC
TimothyR388026 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 9:23 am
Ok I just took my Girlfriends Hyundai in, and she is being charged 666$ for maintenance??? This is not a repair.... wTF .... is this right???
Hey, now we know that the dealer's owners are devil worshippers as well.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18341 posts
3747 upvotes
Toronto
Need more specifics on what were actually done. Brakes replaced incl ??
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12315 posts
1270 upvotes
Toronto
Old thread. I used to have a hyundai sonata. We transferred it to the in laws and it's still running strong 4 years later and close to 100k. The only problem we ever had with it was with the backup camera needing to be replaced out of warranty. Other than that it's the most reliable car we ever owned. The worst being the 2011 Mazda 3 with countless problems.

Don't let people fool you. Hyundai is really reliable.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14732 posts
3789 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
trixstar wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:40 pm
Old thread. I used to have a hyundai sonata. We transferred it to the in laws and it's still running strong 4 years later and close to 100k. The only problem we ever had with it was with the backup camera needing to be replaced out of warranty. Other than that it's the most reliable car we ever owned. The worst being the 2011 Mazda 3 with countless problems.

What'd they hit you for the backup camera?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Aug 5, 2012
512 posts
257 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
trixstar wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:40 pm

Hyundai Sonatas are reliable but not Hyundai Accents . But that can be said about Any brand. Honda Civics are reliable but not Honda Pilots. Toyoto Corollas are reliable but not Toyota Echos .
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." Plato
Jul 5, 2011
928 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't seem worthy of the thread necro
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12315 posts
1270 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:52 am
What'd they hit you for the backup camera?
600, but I did it myself. Bought an aftermarket one on amazon for $30.