• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2020 1:41 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 28, 2006
679 posts
59 upvotes

AVOID Pure Air Ontario (GTA)

I called pure air ontario and they came to clean my vents/furnace, please avoid them. I called few days prior and they booked me for July 13 morning and they did show up on time but did a bad job cleaning my vents. After they left i noticed there were marks on my door trims because those idiots were dragging the pipes around the second floor. Secondly, i went around all vents to make sure they were all put back how they suppose to be but guess what they were not, while i was putting them back guess what i found? vent full of dust and vent was out of place and i know they looked into it but didn't clean it. After finding out the markings on all of my doors and vents not cleaned i called right away but no one answered which was fine since it was Saturday but no one got back to us. I emailed them and finally manager returns the call and says he is looking into this but no once got back to me and i emailed again than i was given number to technician who came to do the job but guess what no one answered. I got the service in Milton.

I made a mistake by paying them cash, therefore no receipts were given. I got bbb involved and pure air ontario requested receipt and i did not have it because it was cash deal. I will never get any service from these goons. I just wanted to let everyone know to avoid these goons.

From research I think these guys had different name before they changed it to pure air ontario.
- topduct
- pure air ontario

I wish i should have done my research better before giving them business.

Thanks.
21 replies
Oct 15, 2013
1 posts
This company is pathetic! They showed up at 10am and were gone by 1020am. They used an air compressor for not even 10 seconds on each vent, and left. Not taking any of the dust with them. I called and spoke with someone about the lack of cleaning and they gave me a number for customer service. Left a message waiting for response. The guy on the line said it wasn't right what they did.
Feb 15, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
JoshM716 wrote: This company is pathetic! They showed up at 10am and were gone by 1020am. They used an air compressor for not even 10 seconds on each vent, and left. Not taking any of the dust with them. I called and spoke with someone about the lack of cleaning and they gave me a number for customer service. Left a message waiting for response. The guy on the line said it wasn't right what they did.
- The guy who run the company is Dave Meade and he lives in Burlington. The guy who showed up at your house was probably Keith Holditch with a guy I have not been able to identify. Looks like they just keep changing the company name and reusing the same website content over and over...these guys aren't very bright...it's just that the police are not interested in investigating. Can only hope karma bites them n the ass soon.

Links for Dave Meade:

https://www.facebook.com/dave.meade.37?fref=ts

Links for Keith Holditch:

https://www.facebook.com/Koolerz - scroll through pictures or go to https://www.facebook.com/bozena.holditch
Mar 3, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Keith Holditch is the guy came to do the service at my house. he told me my furnace coil need to be cleaned as it is very dirty and would not survive a month. trusting the company I agree to do for $600.00

but he didn't allow me to go to the basement with him as the air is "poisonous" (how stupid I was!) 10min later, he said the job is done.

Reviewing the security camera after he left, it clearly shows that he did not do a thing; not even the "air duct cleaning" job he called to do.

Have been trying to contact them since but they either not answer the call or some guy said that he was just a reception and the boss is not there (ever)!

See it for yourself on BBB (Better Business Bureau) - a lots of complaint in the past year. mostly complaining they did not do what they claim they did!
Dec 27, 2006
207 posts
12 upvotes
London
lol funny comments.

*All* duct cleaning is a rip off unless you have just had the entire house re-drywalled and the house is fullllllll of dust :P
Mar 26, 2015
2 posts
Guelph, ON
Oh my I wish I knew about this site sooner. They just scammed 900 dollars and did half of the job.
vilan2015 wrote: Keith Holditch is the guy came to do the service at my house. he told me my furnace coil need to be cleaned as it is very dirty and would not survive a month. trusting the company I agree to do for $600.00

but he didn't allow me to go to the basement with him as the air is "poisonous" (how stupid I was!) 10min later, he said the job is done.

Reviewing the security camera after he left, it clearly shows that he did not do a thing; not even the "air duct cleaning" job he called to do.

Have been trying to contact them since but they either not answer the call or some guy said that he was just a reception and the boss is not there (ever)!

See it for yourself on BBB (Better Business Bureau) - a lots of complaint in the past year. mostly complaining they did not do what they claim they did!
Mar 26, 2015
2 posts
Guelph, ON
If only people like this could be stopped but it seems it is a hard thing to do. I will contact all BBB and the Toronto Consumer Protection Ontario. I was told by another company that I should call Revenue Canada. Not sure what they will do. But please do not pay with cash. Use check or credit card so that you can do a stop payment. I did ask for a receipt with hesitancy he made one up.
Jun 20, 2015
3 posts
Toronto
Not true, there are honest reputable companies out there that will actually make a difference.I fully agree that those people should have done a good job, But as a home owner it is actually your duty to do the homework before hiring people.Here is a very good article that will help you find the right
Air Duct cleaning company.
https://dustchasers.wordpress.com/2015/ ... g-company/
Good Luck
Feb 26, 2008
111 posts
So, I think this is their new website:
http://pureairductcleaning.ca/

at the bottom it says:
2013 Copyright 1872902 Ont. Inc. • Open 7 Day a Week • Family Owned and Operated
Website Design & Development: Crave One Design
Home | Our Home Services | Indoor Air Quality | Benefits | Contact Us

and googling 1872902 Ont. Inc.

I get http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-r ... on-1294604

which is the Pure Air Ontario thing.

Not looking to get scammed :/
Nov 20, 2015
1 posts
East York, ON
Pure Air Ontario just took your money, did the job you do not need it. We should report it to crime stopper, BBB, at least call CRA as they took your money away.
Karma bites them n the ass soon for sure.
Feb 20, 2011
618 posts
201 upvotes
downtown TO
never seen a thread with so many new posters :D
Feb 15, 2016
1 posts
Stay away from this outfit - same deal as others seen here. In the house for about 30 minutes using compressed air to blow into vents without even removing covers. Couldn't go downstairs because the air was "unsafe". One guy (keith) stayed on main floor the whole time and did basically nothing but talk. Charged me $189 to clean ac coil but didn't even remove the access panel. Still dust in main return. Claimed there was 2 inches of mold in main return and would cost $450 to treat or $1000 to treat with organic solution that would smell like oregano. Do your homework and ask air duct company what exactly their service provides and how long it will take and get full names of technicians entering the privacy of your home before any work commences. Spoke to manager a few times to get full refund and their response is that I will have to take it to small claims. Reported to BBB but their response was a number of offers to partial refund or reinspect but I wouldn't have their crew back in my house and neither should you! Lesson learned.
Jul 4, 2017
1 posts
They have not changed. They got worse. They charged a lot for work that was never done. My wife and I were told not to go into the basement because the air was "poisonous". What actually happened is that they stole whatever they could from the basement plus one of the bedrooms. Police called us because they were caught after they stole $4,000.00 from another house and one of them confessed that he had stolen our items also. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE CHARGED FOR FRAUD.
Jun 18, 2017
218 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
Appalled that this has went on so long. The contact listed on the BBB page... doesn't seem to exist as a person. Like even David and Keith have LinkedIn entries at least.

Googling the contact phone numbers from the site comes up with some other companies. I was going to list them here but they might be "innocent" general contractors not affiliated with the overall scam.

WhoIs registration info on the site isn't available, likely privacy protected.

Maybe someone with a HomeStars account should make an entry for them so everyone can rate them
That's my name...
Jun 16, 2013
4 posts
Vaughan
Can someone recommend a good air duct cleaning company please?
Feb 21, 2018
1 posts
I just got a flyer this week and I was excited to see the pictures of their trucks and their promises with $129.95 for the entire house upto 4000 Sq.Ft. I was about to call them this afternoon and thought of reading the reviews by search engine using Google.ca. I am glad I saved myself with the rip off. Their deadline for the deal and saving $100 by showing the flyer is February 28th and I was thinking to call yesterday, didn't get a chance and today I thought of the reviews before calling. Thanks everyone for sharing their comments for the bad work done by this company called Air Duct Cleaning.
Apr 12, 2018
1 posts
Does anyone know if Cambridge Pure Air Duct Cleaning is the same company as the one that has all these terrible reviews???
May 31, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
Same story . He sold me equipment I did not need using scare tactics . Also told me I would be poisoned if I checked on the guy pretending to clean the ducts . Keith Holditch is a con man .
$ 11000.
May 31, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
Same story . Keith Holditch owns 7 or 8 different companies . Gets into your house pretending to work for "Breath Pure Air " Duct cleaning .He is the owner and He also owns Smart Heating C/O Duct Cleaning .
He kept me talking while the other guy pretended to clean the ducts with an air compressor and he said I couldn't check on the work because of the poison .
Then scares you into buying Equipment you don't need . He told me my AC was leaking Freon . There was mold and Carbon Monoxide and if I didn't replace it immediately I could die .
He takes a deposit on the credit card . promising if you find a better deal he will beat that price . He talked me into giving him more than $9000 in CASH and he would refund my credit card for the deposit . Another lie . He overcharged me by more than $ 5000 . He told me the water heater I had replaced 2 months ago would not work with the new furnace and tried to sell me a water heater Beware of any company offering a coupon for duct cleaning . You could be letting Keith Holditch into your home..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)