Tags:
None
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York

avoid user kamran.

he is not a scammer. but a complete pain to deal with.
after several pm's of questions and i mean several.
he joined my group buy and paid on jan 2nd. product for the group buy arrived 3 days later.
at this point trying to get a hold of him was a nightmare. he would pm and apologize for not meeting up then disappear. he would say he's going to pick it up. then avoid me again.
we would play for a week straight. after a while i just could not get a hold of him no more. so i finally got fed up and decided to post in the thread thinking he would get the notification by email since i told him to sub the thread when he paid for updates. i warned all buyers that if they will not take responsibility and claim their goods after 2.5 weeks of silence i will donate these items to charity.
it was posted several times and was noted in my terms before joining in the first post. anyways after several pm's sent, phone call and an email all unanswered,
i gave up on contacting the user and moved on...

fast forward 6 months later he replies to me via pm saying he is now ready to pick up his item.
i told him he was warned what would happen if he did not claim his stuff in time and that i attempted contact for almost a month and did not have time to play his probation officer anymore and keep tabs on him.
that's when the harassment started. every few minutes he would pm non stop... he then said he would open a dispute in paypal but then realized he was well over past the 45 day dispute timeline.
then he started to pm me over and over the same words. even after i explained that even if i wanted to give him his items they are not on hand since they were donated and i would not be getting anything in since i was
in between group buys and we were waiting for items to arrive. he didn't care he kept pming me non stop.

i finally said i will give you your product but i refuse to deal with you face to face at this point because he's acting all crazy.
i ask him for his shipping address and to send a payment to cover shipping and tell him this is the only way i will close this with him at this point because of what was going on.
he responds saying he does not understand why... then pm's my address and phone number and says i am coming to your house tomorrow to pick up.
not even bothering to ask if i will be home or anything. so i took this as a hostile threat or show of aggression and to avoid a confrontation i pm'd him back saying i will ship his items
minus an item to cover the shipping expense he does not want to cover. he has not responded back yet and i have just posted this complaint and will ship later on today when i have time.
but if this creep shows up at my door i'm not sure how i will react.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Kamran's address & phone # coming to you via PM.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
So did he show up at your house?
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
It's his fault for not picking up the item. If he doesn't care you should not either. Your being too nice and if it was me that had to deal with that guy, I would tell him to take a hike or if he tries to come to my house I will call the cops.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2009
1283 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
it took him 6 months to be ready? *facepalm*
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
no he didn't.
i shipped his product minus an item to cover the shipping costs incurred.
i did not want to deal with this fool.
JAC wrote: So did he show up at your house?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
All that trouble for being a nice guy....it ain't worth it.
Aug 7, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Can you please send me the address as well? I have his phone number but I'm currently filing a police report against this person and would love to have his address.
Aug 7, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Jimboski wrote: You need to post more than that to request his address, lol. What happened?
He scammed me out of $450 claiming he'd send etickets after a successful transfer of funds for the Drake concert last Monday. Blocked my number after the money went through but kept the ad up for another 18 hours so I can only imagine how many people he took advantage of. I'm filing a police report and will be pressing charges so any help would be amazing because knowing how lazy police can be, they might just let it slip through the cracks.
Aug 7, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Scammed out of $450 due to an etransfer for Drake tickets. Lord knows how many people he's done this to. He claimed he'd send digital copies of the tickets after he accepted my etransfer but instead he blocked my phone number and left the ad up on kijiji.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
if you can get mod approval i can provide his address and phone number.
50lynnwilliams wrote: He scammed me out of $450 claiming he'd send etickets after a successful transfer of funds for the Drake concert last Monday. Blocked my number after the money went through but kept the ad up for another 18 hours so I can only imagine how many people he took advantage of. I'm filing a police report and will be pressing charges so any help would be amazing because knowing how lazy police can be, they might just let it slip through the cracks.
50lynnwilliams wrote: Scammed out of $450 due to an etransfer for Drake tickets. Lord knows how many people he's done this to. He claimed he'd send digital copies of the tickets after he accepted my etransfer but instead he blocked my phone number and left the ad up on kijiji.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2803 posts
1574 upvotes
Toronto
50lynnwilliams wrote: What's an MOD approval? How do I get that?
I think it's the approval of a moderator. Find one, ask them if it's okay and then infamouskid.
Oct 30, 2008
131 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
I would have threatened to call the cops if Kamram continued to harass you! He sounds like a sketchy guy! I had this one stranger kept calling me and getting others to call me because they thought I was someone else (just got a new phone number at the time). Despite telling them a million times that this is the wrong number, they persisted until I finally threatened to call the cops of them. They completely stopped afterwards.