• May 26th, 2008 9:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 2, 2003
713 posts
38 upvotes

Awesome Service from Staples!!

Bought a printer there 15 months ago, paid the extra $9.99....I am GLAD I did. The paper feed has been funny over the last few weeks, finally today, quit completely...

Called them up on the 800 number, they gave me a case number, went to Staples, no hassle, no problem...brand new better, CHEAPER printer and got a gift card for the difference.

AWESOME!!!

I am e-mailing their HO to tell them how great the staff was!
2014: Keurig
2014: $500 cash
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7270 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
arent we only suppose to post threads about how extended warranty are 100% scams?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1714 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
cassmat wrote:
May 26th, 2008 12:53 pm
Bought a printer there 15 months ago, paid the extra $9.99....I am GLAD I did. The paper feed has been funny over the last few weeks, finally today, quit completely...

Called them up on the 800 number, they gave me a case number, went to Staples, no hassle, no problem...brand new better, CHEAPER printer and got a gift card for the difference.

AWESOME!!!

I am e-mailing their HO to tell them how great the staff was!
That is how it's supposed to work. People seem to have the most problems with printers out of all electronics sold at Staples, so the $9.99 replacement plan is a good idea for a $100 printer.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
trixR4kids wrote:
May 26th, 2008 4:37 pm
arent we only suppose to post threads about how extended warranty are 100% scams?
LOL.

But all kidding aside it is nice to hear about a situation where someone was treated the way they were promised when buying an extended warranty.
Jun 7, 2007
731 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
and to think the op was being sarcastic XD
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1714 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Hunter316 wrote:
May 26th, 2008 6:14 pm
LOL.

But all kidding aside it is nice to hear about a situation where someone was treated the way they were promised when buying an extended warranty.
It happens 9 times out of 10 in the least.

But people are more inclined to share negative experiences over positive ones. That's just the way people are with most things in life. You're more likely to share what an awful day you had versus telling everyone you had an awesome week overall.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1939 posts
34 upvotes
It's only great for items that they REPLACE, from what I hear, same goes for the BB and FS for the replacement (not repair) plans. Usually hassle free and you'll get a good replacement.

Repair warranties are where the nightmares begin. Staples is a great example, you buy a laptop for $1400.00 taxes in and then the motherboard goes 1.5 years later and you bought the warranty for roughly $190.00. They don't want to bother fixing it and they send you home with a GC (not cash) for $350.00. Yippee.
LIFE IS PURE GENERATED EMOTION
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
Had a similar experience with a wrt54gc: it was going flaky so I took it to staples, without a receipt, and they gave me and new one, took mine and I walked out, no paper work nothing.

I bought a laser printer a few weeks ago and they were really helpful and I did buy the 10.99 warranty.

I never shopped at Staples for electronics until I found out about their return policies.

Futureshop ranks the lowest for me and best buy always make me wait for a long long time.