Cell Phones

Awful Telus Renewal Experience - Email Address To complain?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 10:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 4, 2006
228 posts
25 upvotes

Awful Telus Renewal Experience - Email Address To complain?

In attempting to renew my Telus contract this past weekend it turned into a two store visit affair to a local Best Buy that lasted hours. The experience as a whole was terrible on the Telus support side of things...I did my renewal through Best Buy mobility who were as supportive and understanding as possible, and did a tremendous job overall. The Telus support took forever on the phone, provided conflicting promotion information, made promises they were unable to keep and after over one hour on the phone Saturday evening I had to leave to take my toddler home for supper and bedtime - unable to complete the activation. Despite leaving the store Telus activated a SIM card in store, making the sim in my current phone totally useless and rendering me without LTE access until I returned the following day to Best Buy. After completing the renewal Sunday morning I went ahead and called Telus support myself to inform them of the horrible experience I had renewing, due to an inability of Telus support staff to execute over the weekend. Telus rep tells me he’s never had such a complaint and would escalate it to his supervisor and they would assuredly review and handle internally. I said I’d appreciate a callback from a supervisor in lieu of my troubles, to which the re p said he would request on my behalf. That was 9:30 am cst Monday. 5pm Monday I get a call showing as Telus from Calgary AB, I say hello a few times just to be hung up on. I call back 20 mins later and leave a voicemail stating there was a disconnection but I greatly look forward to a callback at earliest convenience to discuss my customer service issue. Thursday am now and still no callback from the original caller. Telus emailed a survey regarding my phone in experience - I said it was poor and my issue remains unresolved and that I would like a manager callback. Again, still no callback.

Just hoping that someone on RFD has a high level Telus email or phone number I can reach out to of someone with authority...someone empowered to make bad customer experiences right....Telus has been my only phone company and after the poor customer experience and handling of my complaint I’d like my voice to be heard. Any help is appreciated.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4428 posts
664 upvotes
Montreal
I would take my complaint to FB and TWTR to escalade further but you could also reach out to the regulator CRTC if all else fails.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3827 posts
694 upvotes
GTEH!
jamessh1 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:21 am
In attempting to renew my Telus contract this past weekend it turned into a two store visit affair to a local Best Buy that lasted hours. The experience as a whole was terrible on the Telus support side of things...I did my renewal through Best Buy mobility who were as supportive and understanding as possible, and did a tremendous job overall. The Telus support took forever on the phone, provided conflicting promotion information, made promises they were unable to keep and after over one hour on the phone Saturday evening I had to leave to take my toddler home for supper and bedtime - unable to complete the activation. Despite leaving the store Telus activated a SIM card in store, making the sim in my current phone totally useless and rendering me without LTE access until I returned the following day to Best Buy. After completing the renewal Sunday morning I went ahead and called Telus support myself to inform them of the horrible experience I had renewing, due to an inability of Telus support staff to execute over the weekend. Telus rep tells me he’s never had such a complaint and would escalate it to his supervisor and they would assuredly review and handle internally. I said I’d appreciate a callback from a supervisor in lieu of my troubles, to which the re p said he would request on my behalf. That was 9:30 am cst Monday. 5pm Monday I get a call showing as Telus from Calgary AB, I say hello a few times just to be hung up on. I call back 20 mins later and leave a voicemail stating there was a disconnection but I greatly look forward to a callback at earliest convenience to discuss my customer service issue. Thursday am now and still no callback from the original caller. Telus emailed a survey regarding my phone in experience - I said it was poor and my issue remains unresolved and that I would like a manager callback. Again, still no callback.

Just hoping that someone on RFD has a high level Telus email or phone number I can reach out to of someone with authority...someone empowered to make bad customer experiences right....Telus has been my only phone company and after the poor customer experience and handling of my complaint I’d like my voice to be heard. Any help is appreciated.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Telus.
I was also with Telus for more than 10 years and I noticed the CS was slowly getting crappy. I had a old grandfathered plan and every year Telus would try something sneaky to get me off the plan and "upgrade" to a "better" plan. Finally 1 year Telus refused to keep my "extras" on the plan and said I had to pay for these.
I decided enough is enough and ported my # to Koodo. That was 3 years ago. I am super happy with the plan I have and the great deals on the phone upgrades I have bought.
And Koodo Customer Service is very good, IMO. The few times I had to call Koodo CS, they were very helpful.
Maybe look into Koodo plans/phones.

And just in case, Koodo is owned by Telus and uses Telus' Network. I have the same signal on Koodo that I had with Telus.
Last edited by Webhead on Nov 8th, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17139 posts
1458 upvotes
Woodbridge
Telusis the worst and I want even a customer, I was trying to help a co-worker.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4234 posts
416 upvotes
I feel Rogers & Bell are even worse, I've had experiences with all of Robellus
I am a Koodo customer
Aug 18, 2018
452 posts
252 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
Even if everyone you called/emailed told you how sorry they were and how they'll escalate your case ASAP, do you honestly think Telus would give a shit at the end of the day?

I know you feel very wronged, but this is a case of pick your battles, and this one is NOT worth fighting.
GV/Hangouts + T-Mobile $10/2GB Simple Choice = Win
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2714 posts
1457 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I feel like since you already renewed, they could care less. They are probably just stalling right now to push it past 14 days return period and just gave you a call to have it logged that they "did call".
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2382 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
vote with your wallet and port out before your 14 day period is over