Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AXIA

1GBPS home internet for $79 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2017 2:15 pm
Dec 30, 2015
10 posts
18 upvotes

1GBPS home internet for $79 per month

Deal Link:
Price:
$79/mo
Retailer:
AXIA
Just saw this Prius driving around in Calgary wraped with AXIA advertisement and after checking the website thought about bringing it to the RFD ppls attention.
Images
  • Screenshot_20170428-220110.png
14 replies
Nov 18, 2014
655 posts
616 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Weird, don't see this on their website. Only 99$/2 years for 100mbps symmetrical for residential.
Oct 26, 2015
86 posts
79 upvotes
I do not see the 1Gbps option for residential. The 100Mbps plan is $100/2yrs.
Nov 5, 2015
265 posts
264 upvotes
Quebec, QC
When I was on the canadian website, I only had 25,50, 100 mbps. When I switched it back to USA, I had 100 mbps for 59$ and 1gbps for 79$

I guess the 1 gbps for 79/89$ is offered in the United States only, sadly.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates? 💡 ❗
Oct 26, 2011
521 posts
244 upvotes
Unless something has changed, Axia is focused on service to rural communities. If you live somewhere where Axia provides fibre I think you would already know about them since they would be marketing heavily in your area.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
Just curious. Do people who only use internet for say Netflix (regular not 4K) really need these kinds of speeds? And if not, what might the lowest speed that would be advisable for this?
Sep 4, 2015
525 posts
476 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Just curious. Do people who only use internet for say Netflix (regular not 4K) really need these kinds of speeds? And if not, what might the lowest speed that would be advisable for this?
For over a year we have been using a 15mbps DSL line for streaming Netflix and live TV and only very recently have we started to notice any slowdowns whatsoever. I can usually watch hockey in high definition while other people watch hd Netflix comfortably.

That being said this is RFD and there are some arguably faster options for the same price out there.
Making my money go further with RFD since 2017

$25/25GB PhoneBox
$25/20GB Fido Plan
$30/10GB PhoneBox plan
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2534 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
I have gigabit, and 50 up with Rogers at home and I would happily trade it for 500 down and 500 up.

Most of the time I do not realizing the speed, yes I can download a full game or file in mintutes, but for a greater upload speed I would sacrifice some download speed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8079 posts
3859 upvotes
Location in thread title would be nice since this is Alberta only.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2906 posts
3045 upvotes
Toronto
beachlover wrote: Just curious. Do people who only use internet for say Netflix (regular not 4K) really need these kinds of speeds? And if not, what might the lowest speed that would be advisable for this?
I think even for 4K you don't need such bandwidth. Netflix recommends 25mpbs for Ultra HD (4K): https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306

keyser-soze wrote: I have gigabit, and 50 up with Rogers at home and I would happily trade it for 500 down and 500 up.

Most of the time I do not realizing the speed, yes I can download a full game or file in mintutes, but for a greater upload speed I would sacrifice some download speed.
Yeah, totally agree. I have Bell gigabit and isn't that bad (100 up), but would trade for 500/500 as well,
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
canadianclub wrote: For over a year we have been using a 15mbps DSL line for streaming Netflix and live TV and only very recently have we started to notice any slowdowns whatsoever. I can usually watch hockey in high definition while other people watch hd Netflix comfortably.

That being said this is RFD and there are some arguably faster options for the same price out there.
neonic wrote: I think even for 4K you don't need such bandwidth. Netflix recommends 25mpbs for Ultra HD (4K): https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306
Thank you both for the info.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31267 posts
17274 upvotes
chreds wrote: Unless something has changed, Axia is focused on service to rural communities. If you live somewhere where Axia provides fibre I think you would already know about them since they would be marketing heavily in your area.
I hate seeing these types of posts here.
It's a sore reminder that some people actually get to have gigabit.
Those who are able to get it most likely know about it.
Those who aren't shed a little tear every time someone posts about it.
No, but if it's the same price as comparable service from the local telco?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Dec 8, 2012
987 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary
I had 100 mbps up and down 10 years ago back home in Europe. These days all my friends have gigabit unlimited connection, it's around $15 CAD/month with TV included. You only need this type of connection if you play online games because of low latency (2-10 ms ping to the major servers) and if you download HD or 4k movies - it takes several minutes to get movie on your harddrive

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)