• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2005 11:26 am
Tags:
None
Nov 1, 2004
129 posts
5 upvotes

AYCE Japanese in Mississauga

Hi, for those of you that live in the Mississauga/Oakville area who are too lazy to drive up to Markham/Scarborough/Richmond Hill for AYCE Japanese, there's a really decent place in Mississauga that you guys should try. The location is actually not so easy to find and to make matters worse, I kinda forgot the name of this place :( Anyhow, I'll try my best to give you guys the direction and if necessary I'll find out the name of the place ;) This place is located near Dundas and Ridgeway(on the other side of BestBuy) If you're travelling west on Dundas, go past Winstonchurchill and make a right on Ridgeway and it should be on your left after the first light(maybe a little farther/closer)

I was there with my gf a few weeks ago and we both enjoyed the food very much. It's actually better than all the AYCE places that I've been to in Markham/Scarborough/Richmond Hill area with the exception of Sushi on 7(great place, BTW) and I've been to at least 7 of them.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1809 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks! I knew there was a japanese restaurant around there but couldnt locate it!

What are the prices like??
Nov 1, 2004
129 posts
5 upvotes
i think it's the standard $19.99 on weekends and $17.99 on weekdays for dinner. I'm not sure about lunch though.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1569 posts
577 upvotes
Woodbridge
It's called Momiji. I've been there once and the food is good. The service was fast but probably because there was only 1 other table of people. I fear this place might close up soon because there doesnt seem to be much business.

There is another Momiji on Lakeshore between Southdown and Clarkson Rd but this location is not AYCE
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1569 posts
577 upvotes
Woodbridge
Here is the location:
Momiji

It's just north of Dundas on Ridgeway. Go north on Ridgeway and just pass the first traffic lights (Laird Dr) turn into the strip complex on the left side.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
Hmm.. seems close to where I live.
time to drop by one of these days.

thanks for the info
Nov 1, 2004
129 posts
5 upvotes
sterdeus wrote:It's called Momiji. I've been there once and the food is good. The service was fast but probably because there was only 1 other table of people. I fear this place might close up soon because there doesnt seem to be much business.

There is another Momiji on Lakeshore between Southdown and Clarkson Rd but this location is not AYCE
That's what I'm scared of. It would be a shame if it does close down. I think the food is great for AYCE and yah their service was fast. The Japanese restaraunt that was there before closed down most probably due to poor location(my friend used to work there) and I'm hoping that it won't happen to Momiji for the same reason since it's such a quality establishment.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
i'm going to have to hit this place up. lunch prices are a bit expensive, i just called, it's 14.95 during weekdays and 15.95 on the weekend. no sashimi during lunch but they have 5 kinds of sashimi for dinner.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
Did you guys go during dinner or lunch time? I suspect the place is quiet during dinner time because it's in an industrial area.

Also, if the place is always quiet, don't go. Fish may not be fresh due to the low consumption rate.
Nov 1, 2004
129 posts
5 upvotes
eelfliw wrote:Did you guys go during dinner or lunch time? I suspect the place is quiet during dinner time because it's in an industrial area.

Also, if the place is always quiet, don't go. Fish may not be fresh due to the low consumption rate.
That's why you guys should go and keep them busy so their fish would be fresh :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2002
1680 posts
3 upvotes
hmm that's pretty expensive for weekday dinner that's only a $2 difference.. usally there's a bigger dif.. anywz anyone have lunch prices? / some kind of lunch/dinner menu?
MidNiteZ wrote:i think it's the standard $19.99 on weekends and $17.99 on weekdays for dinner. I'm not sure about lunch though.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
this place still around?
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1309 posts
48 upvotes
Sashimi 2 pcs. ? I would hope you can order more then that each time or I'll need a waiter/waitress just for myself to keep going back and forth. :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2764 upvotes
Guelph
im gonna go this weekend to try it out, i hope it still is around. call the number to make sure, i will later
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
So.. How does it work exactly at the japanese AYCE places? You just check off what you want on the list, they go away and prepare it and bring it back to you? Or do they have a bunch of stuff already pre-prepared.

You can order as many times as you want for them to come back?

I am use to AYCE like buffets (for other types of food). I am starting to like sushi more now though...
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2764 upvotes
Guelph
yea u check off the list what u want, and if its a good AYCE then it should be prepared when you order. sushi sitting there already = bad
and yep you can order as much as you want, however, many stipulate that you have to eat all of it, so that you dont needlessly waste food. so dont over order! not sure about the one mentioned in this thread though
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
So, has anyone checked this out recently? I mentioned in another new thread that I was looking for a place around the metro convention centre in Toronto, but, if I don't find a good one around there I may come back to Oakville and try this place out.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1070 posts
334 upvotes
Mississauga
Stupid question but Friday counts as a weekday?