Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes

Azureus torrent performance can be REALLY slow for me :(

I'm trying to get a movie and in Azureus it says:

Seeds 9(155) Peers 1(41)

With this, I am getting about 7-10kB/s.

I'm guessing that the # in brackets is how many people there are seeding, and the # not in brackets is how many I'm actually connected to.

How can I connect to more seeders?

I'm on Bell DSL 3mb connection, don't have a router or firewall (I know, really bad!)

The weird thing is, I have another site that I get torrent files from (which is a subbed place that monitors ur dl/ul ratios) and I can get great speeds (around 200kB/s).

Could it be that the movie I'm trying to get is somehow getting *saturated* due to having to communicate with 100's of connections and that is causing the download rate to slow down?

Any help would be great!
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
6 replies
Sep 24, 2002
130 posts
11 upvotes
Your avatar rocks my socks so I'll try to help. (love the office)

You're right about the numbers. There's 155 seeders so you should be getting some good speeds from that torrent. With trackers like that, which only connect you to a few peers at a time, you have to keep hitting the 'update tracker' button in Azureus... of course the button greys out so you can't keep mashing it, but it comes back in about a minute... it takes a little while to connect to a lot of seeders doing this, but once you connect to 50+ then it'll be smooth sailing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
Might want to try a different client as well.

I just switched back to Shadow's Experimental(bittornado), and I've been getting much better speeds then I had been on Azeurus.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
cjsketchy, the Office is good, but come on! You've got a Pingu avatar. You can't get cooler than Pingu, unless it's Morph!

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna try out Bit Tornado to see if I get better results too!

P.S. Good to see this is a localized thread!!
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10598 posts
4848 upvotes
Burnaby
If you are used to Azureus's layout (like I was), then you should try out ABC. I've heard good things about G3 torrent as well
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11537 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
I love ABC, although with the latest version I noticed a bug.

If I close ABC, than start it up again, it will forget that some torrents were being downloading in sub-directories (ie., /Stargate SG-1 7x10/) and start downloading them in my default folder. Annoying!

- Jeff
- Absolute
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
mark_in_2k wrote:I'm trying to get a movie and in Azureus it says:

Seeds 9(155) Peers 1(41)

With this, I am getting about 7-10kB/s.

I'm guessing that the # in brackets is how many people there are seeding, and the # not in brackets is how many I'm actually connected to.

How can I connect to more seeders?

I'm on Bell DSL 3mb connection, don't have a router or firewall (I know, really bad!)

The weird thing is, I have another site that I get torrent files from (which is a subbed place that monitors ur dl/ul ratios) and I can get great speeds (around 200kB/s).

Could it be that the movie I'm trying to get is somehow getting *saturated* due to having to communicate with 100's of connections and that is causing the download rate to slow down?

Any help would be great!

Use ABC bit it's better and faster
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)