Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

B&H: NEW Nexus 7 FHD 16GB ($229), 32GB ($269) - Available now to your door in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2013 5:06 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 25, 2012
824 posts
1289 upvotes
Ontario
Isn't the 1 year manufacturor warranty through Asus or Google. After 30 days you will be dealing with those manufacurers not Staples or FS, they won't be able to help you with a broken product unless you got extended warranty through them. I bought an Onkyo receiver in USA and they serviced it at the Canadian Onkyo store. I'm sure google or asus has a canadian address we can mail these products to if they do break in the 1 year time frame.
May 9, 2012
147 posts
34 upvotes
djemzine wrote: A valid point you brought up.
Yes, I am personally just going to wait until it comes to Walmart. They take anything back.
May 28, 2012
362 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
if you buy from a store, you will service with ASUS...

you need to ship them the tablet, they return back in a week.
I had to pay the shipping to them only.

the cost was about 11$

they did not even asked for the receipt.
Dec 25, 2012
824 posts
1289 upvotes
Ontario
Also, according to warranty and returns for the current nexus 7, it's free shipping back to ASUS

Return instructions

Please contact our support team to return your device. In most instances, you will be required to submit an RMA form.

We send a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and a pre-paid UPS shipping label to your email address. These will be sent in two separate emails.
Print the RMA (attached in the email) and place the form inside of the shipping box you're returning.
Print the pre-paid UPS shipping label and attach the label to the outside of the shipping box.

You must take reasonable care of any device that you return to Google, and return the device as described in any RMA form. Google does not take title to a returned device until Google receives it, so you will be responsible for the device until Google receives it, including for any damage during shipment to Google.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 1741?hl=en
Dec 25, 2012
824 posts
1289 upvotes
Ontario
I don't see shipping, even to the states, being too much for a 7 inch tablet, just slip it into a padded envelop and send it out!
I wouldn't say it's a huge inconvenience to buy these small products from the USA. If you were being a TV or other big electronics, it's a concern if something goes wrong.

marcelomanzo01 wrote: if you buy from a store, you will service with ASUS...

you need to ship them the tablet, they return back in a week.
I had to pay the shipping to them only.

the cost was about 11$

they did not even asked for the receipt.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2225 posts
73 upvotes
Paris, France
micromen wrote: Also, according to warranty and returns for the current nexus 7, it's free shipping back to ASUS

Return instructions

Please contact our support team to return your device. In most instances, you will be required to submit an RMA form.

We send a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and a pre-paid UPS shipping label to your email address. These will be sent in two separate emails.
Print the RMA (attached in the email) and place the form inside of the shipping box you're returning.
Print the pre-paid UPS shipping label and attach the label to the outside of the shipping box.

You must take reasonable care of any device that you return to Google, and return the device as described in any RMA form. Google does not take title to a returned device until Google receives it, so you will be responsible for the device until Google receives it, including for any damage during shipment to Google.

That's only if you purchase from the Play Store. And considering I had to RMA my 32GB 4G model twice last year (first one bricked during first update, second one experienced blown speakers), I'm going to wait until the Google Play Store offers it for Canada.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: So do we need to buy in pairs?
Well you'd have to buy in pairs for it to work.
May 28, 2012
362 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
only if you buy from google play

https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 4?hl=en-CA
micromen wrote: Also, according to warranty and returns for the current nexus 7, it's free shipping back to ASUS

Return instructions

Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
2092 posts
1942 upvotes
It looks like the original Nexus 7 has some form of international warranty (from Asus).
http://support.asus.com/warranty.aspx?S ... 1xapnpDNwF

If Asus is servicing you should be fine if you buy this in the US and need to service in Canada (If I'm understanding this correctly).

"When you are on a business trip, leisure, or studying abroad, you can always receive the best support for your Nexus 7.

We not only offer you a complete nationwide service, but have also established numerous service sites around the world. So, when you are looking for service, you can always refer to the Service Center to receive our immediate support."
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
jakemtl wrote: It looks like the original Nexus 7 has some form of international warranty (from Asus).

If Asus is servicing you should be fine if you buy this in the US and need to service in Canada (If I'm understanding this correctly).

"When you are on a business trip, leisure, or studying abroad, you can always receive the best support for your Nexus 7.

We not only offer you a complete nationwide service, but have also established numerous service sites around the world. So, when you are looking for service, you can always refer to the Service Center to receive our immediate support."
Link to the 2013 model instead. http://support.asus.com/warranty.aspx?S ... ehVjugnCkw
Apr 8, 2007
51 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton
Nice. Maybe I'll grab one. =) I didn't expect Canada to get it so soon.
Dec 25, 2012
824 posts
1289 upvotes
Ontario
ASUS international service is only applicable to countries that have been authorized by ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC, The service we provide is based on Limited Warranty Service. ( In America area only supports for USA, Canada and Mexico ; Central and South America countries don’t support international service)

Looks like they service it regardless of where you buy it in the Americas
jakemtl wrote: It looks like the original Nexus 7 has some form of international warranty (from Asus).

Jan 22, 2008
844 posts
413 upvotes
Ottawa
joo wrote: Actually according to B&H site Canadian price would be
SubTotal: $229.00
Customs Clearance : $33.27
Shipping: $9.60
Order Total: USD $271.87

(CAD) $279.09

Edit: sorry I see he was choosing the 32GB model
As much as I like B&H (and I shop from there quite a bit), the exchange rate from my last order two weeks ago was $.05 on the dollar more than the norm (@ 1.08 something even though the posted rate was $1.03). So, the final cost could be about $10-15 more than $279.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow a $20 increase vs the USA is more than I expected. Looks like I'm going to have to order one from Amazon.com and pick it up at Point Roberts.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
danzerino wrote: LTE models are coming out in a few later weeks
Will probably cost $100 extra.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
The reviews for the Nexus 7 FHD are extremely positive. Tablet of the year. Right here.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
wilsonlam97 wrote: The reviews for the Nexus 7 FHD are extremely positive. Tablet of the year. Right here.
I can't wait to get one...
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
wilsonlam97 wrote: The reviews for the Nexus 7 FHD are extremely positive. Tablet of the year. Right here.
that's only if you're looking at 7" tablets
© 2015

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)