None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario

B+H Photo, batteries

Hello,
has anyone had any issues ordering from B+H Photo into Canada? Is their brokerage estimate pretty accurate?

I'd like to order extra batteries for a new camcorder, and they are simply a fraction of the cost than here (these are from the manufacturer too).

As an aside, are third party batteries worth the risk? Will they not be the same quality, hold the charge, etc as the manufacturer kind?
There are so many different brands its hard to tell.

BTW, these are batteries for a Panasonic HC-V700

Thanks!
4 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
their brokerage estimator is not an estimate, it's what you pay upfront and the item is always delivered to your door without any additional charges. They have an arrangement with puralotor.

I'd rather buy from B&H than almost any other source, as they churn over so much inventory that you are likely to get a fresher battery than if you walked down to your Black's store.

As for third party battery, sometimes they don't work as well, but sometimes they are just as good. So there is somewhat of a risk IMO
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2212 posts
460 upvotes
Guelph
Waiting on a laptop order from B&H right now (May 31st). Purolator tracking number is non functional at the moment but apparently it takes 2-3 business days before it works, so I'm told. This is my second order from B&H and last time my order came without any taxes or duties (camcorder) and no upfront charges. I think it was just a lucky one-off incident. This time around I had the option to pay upfront their brokerage fees. Hopefully it comes soon.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
warpdrive wrote: their brokerage estimator is not an estimate, it's what you pay upfront and the item is always delivered to your door without any additional charges. They have an arrangement with puralotor.

I'd rather buy from B&H than almost any other source, as they churn over so much inventory that you are likely to get a fresher battery than if you walked down to your Black's store.

As for third party battery, sometimes they don't work as well, but sometimes they are just as good. So there is somewhat of a risk IMO

No kidding about the bold!
For instance, spare battery, VBK180, one of the two batteries I bought, also got a 3580mAh one too

Henry's price: $129.99
B&H Photo: $44.69

Same brand (Panasonic)

That is just highway robbery on the CDN side!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2212 posts
460 upvotes
Guelph
Just about everything is obscenely overpriced at Henry's.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)