Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[B&H Photo USA only] - ZTE Blade V8 Pro Dual sim + extras - $230 USD w/ FS within US. Tax only in NY state

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2017 11:04 am
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket

[B&H Photo USA only] - ZTE Blade V8 Pro Dual sim + extras - $230 USD w/ FS within US. Tax only in NY state

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 8_pro.html

This phone was just released and available to purchase direct from ZTE but the BH deal is better because it comes with some freebies:
JBL Synchros E40BT Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones (Black)
Spieltek VR-M2 Virtual Reality Smartphone Headset with Magnet Button
ASUS ZenPower Pro 10050mAh Portable Battery Pack (Black)

BH normally ships to Canada but when trying to checkout, you will get an message saying some items are not eligible to ship to Canada. Free shipping within the US and no tax for for all states EXCEPT NY.

Specs:
5.5 in screen with Gorilla Glass 3
Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
32 GB with 3GB RAM
Front fingerprint scanner
8MP front camera and dual 13MP rear cameras with LED flash
Dual hybrid sim with microSD expansion upto 128Gb
Compatible with all Canadian carriers including Freedom mobile
3140 mAh battery
USB Type C
NFC
6.0 Marshmallow

Pretty good value for the money and you can always try to sell the freebies to recoup some of the cost.

Reviews are pretty positive but ZTE has not commented on whether it will receive the 7.0 Nougat update.

This is comparable to the also recently released Huawei Honor 6x
canadude1122 wrote: THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FREEDOM MOBILE
Just a heads up as I have it in my hand right now and it will not recognize the Freedom Network. Only the AWAY.

Wind says it's not compatible because they tried multiple sims to no avail and ZTE says to bad so sad this phone is meant for USA market we can not help you.
Last edited by redboy69 on Jan 22nd, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Too bad no CDMA haha ( I am a minority I know) and have yet to set up my two FP accounts.

I noticed most if not all phones don't get shipped to Canada.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1058 posts
281 upvotes
Hamilton
Seems like a nice phone.

Is this a lot better than the Nextbit Robin?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
alanbrenton wrote: Too bad no CDMA haha ( I am a minority I know) and have yet to set up my two FP accounts.

I noticed most if not all phones don't get shipped to Canada.
Unfortunately, not too many non-Apple devices have the CDMA frequencies that work with FP. I got a Moto X Pure Edition for the Mrs. and use it with R+ in the US and Koodo in Canada.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
redboy69 wrote: Unfortunately, not too many non-Apple devices have the CDMA frequencies that work with FP. I got a Moto X Pure Edition for the Mrs. and use it with R+ in the US and Koodo in Canada.
Oh. For FP, I thought it was any gsm phone. You can tell I haven't tinkered with my FP accounts.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
alanbrenton wrote: Oh. For FP, I thought it was any gsm phone. You can tell I haven't tinkered with my FP accounts.
Sorry, I thought you were referring to their CDMA service. If you are talking about the GSM sims, then any unlocked phone will work. No need to have the CDMA frequencies. I recommend ordering the LTE sims that FP has now launched. Waaaaay better than the Global sim if you are only planning to use in the US.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
If I order this to a NY-border shipping box and pay NY sales tax; do I need to pay tax on the phone again once I enter Canada?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
redboy69 wrote: Sorry, I thought you were referring to their CDMA service. If you are talking about the GSM sims, then any unlocked phone will work. No need to have the CDMA frequencies. I recommend ordering the LTE sims that FP has now launched. Waaaaay better than the Global sim if you are only planning to use in the US.
Nice. Sounds like the LTE sim cards work only in the US?

I'm going to stop derailing your wonderful thread. :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
A few questions,

1. Will this work on Public Mobile and Chatr?
2. Any idea when will this be in stock?
3. Do I declare $229 for the bundle or do I still have to pay tax and duties on the freeebies when I cross border.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
Masernaut wrote: If I order this to a NY-border shipping box and pay NY sales tax; do I need to pay tax on the phone again once I enter Canada?
Depends on your CBSA agent.
alanbrenton wrote: Nice. Sounds like the LTE sim cards work only in the US?

I'm going to stop derailing your wonderful thread. :)
Yes, US only and its AT&T LTE.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
WL1980 wrote: A few questions,

1. Will this work on Public Mobile and Chatr?
2. Any idea when will this be in stock?
3. Do I declare $229 for the bundle or do I still have to pay tax and duties on the freeebies when I cross border.

Thanks!
1.Yes
2. Its already released if you buy direct from ZTE so I would imagine BH would get it soon.
3. Not sure, but you should include the value of the freebies.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11211 posts
10057 upvotes
Kootenays
WL1980 wrote: A few questions,

Thanks!
You declare the amount you paid for all of the objects, ie $229.98 (+tax if you ship to NY) the total on your receipt.
Jun 1, 2016
657 posts
258 upvotes
For anyone who doesn't want the extras, you can also get it at Jet.com (owned by Walmart) and use the code TRIPLE15 for $30 off. Code is for new users and can be used 3 times. Total price is $201 USD with free shipping. Although $30 is probably less than the value of the extras you get, I'm going to be using a mail forwarder to get the phone, so having three extra items would raise the cost of shipping substantially. For people who just want to pick up at the border, this is likely a better option.

You can also get the phone directly from Amazon.com to Canada for $229 + $7 shipping + about $25 import fee deposit (YMMV on that exact number). No extras, but for those who don't want to deal with the hassle of using a mail forwarder or picking up at the border it's a good option.
Feb 26, 2009
304 posts
78 upvotes
Surrey, BC
redboy69 wrote: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 8_pro.html

This phone was just released and available to purchase direct from ZTE but the BH deal is better because it comes with some freebies:
JBL Synchros E40BT Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones (Black)
Spieltek VR-M2 Virtual Reality Smartphone Headset with Magnet Button
ASUS ZenPower Pro 10050mAh Portable Battery Pack (Black)

BH normally ships to Canada but when trying to checkout, you will get an message saying some items are not eligible to ship to Canada. Free shipping within the US and no tax for for all states EXCEPT NY.

Specs:
5.5 in screen with Gorilla Glass 3
Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
32 GB with 3GB RAM
Front fingerprint scanner
8MP front camera and dual 13MP rear cameras with LED flash
Dual hybrid sim with microSD expansion upto 128Gb
Compatible with all Canadian carriers including Freedom mobile
3140 mAh battery
USB Type C
NFC
6.0 Marshmallow

Pretty good value for the money and you can always try to sell the freebies to recoup some of the cost.

Reviews are pretty positive but ZTE has not commented on whether it will receive the 7.0 Nougat update.

This is comparable to the also recently released Huawei Honor 6x
THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FREEDOM MOBILE
Just a heads up as I have it in my hand right now and it will not recognize the Freedom Network. Only the AWAY.

Wind says it's not compatible because they tried multiple sims to no avail and ZTE says to bad so sad this phone is meant for USA market we can not help you.
AKA "canadude" :arrow: Howard Forums
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
canadude1122 wrote: THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FREEDOM MOBILE

It should work with wind actually, did you try apn settings?