Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

(B&H USA) M-Audio AV40 Active Speakers 4 hours only $79.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2015 9:18 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver

(B&H USA) M-Audio AV40 Active Speakers 4 hours only $79.99 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
M-Audio AV 40 Active 2-Way Desktop Monitor Speakers (Pair)

Product Highlights

Bass-Reflex Cabinet
4" Polypropylene-Coated Woofer
1" Silk Dome Tweeter
OptImage III Waveguide
20W Per Channel Amplification
RCA, 1/4" TRS, and 3.5mm Inputs
3.5mm Headphone Jack
Front-Panel Volume Control
Magnetically Shielded

FREE Shipping to Canada for most in stock items for orders over $99 USD.

6 replies
Feb 8, 2011
152 posts
214 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Hi guys, be aware that these suffer from the "bad caps" situation if they're old stock. I had a pair I bought years ago and they sat in the box for years before I actually hooked them up. When I did, POOF, smoke and very odd sound came out of them. Opened them up, and blown caps. Bought new caps, installed them and bingo bango, good as new!
Jul 15, 2011
368 posts
451 upvotes
Won't ship to Canada due to export regulations and/or manufacturers restrictions.
Jul 6, 2006
25 posts
2 upvotes
mckitrick wrote: Hi guys, be aware that these suffer from the "bad caps" situation if they're old stock. I had a pair I bought years ago and they sat in the box for years before I actually hooked them up. When I did, POOF, smoke and very odd sound came out of them. Opened them up, and blown caps. Bought new caps, installed them and bingo bango, good as new!
I have the AV30s for a few years as well and have the same problem. What kind of capacitors did you get for them? Speakers are pretty good for the price but as said, buyer beware.
Feb 8, 2011
152 posts
214 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Ended up getting them at DigiKey because they've served me well in the past and have flat $8 shipping which is SUPER fast.
The big caps were $4.24ea, The little caps were 1.08ea. You need two caps of each size. Grand total including Tax was $20.02.

Here are the part numbers and details:
Big Cap:
EEU-HD1V472
CAP ALUM 4700UF 35V 20% RADIAL

Little Cap:
EU-HD1E221
CAP ALUM 220UF 25V 20% RADIAL

Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
mckitrick wrote: Hi guys, be aware that these suffer from the "bad caps" situation if they're old stock. I had a pair I bought years ago and they sat in the box for years before I actually hooked them up. When I did, POOF, smoke and very odd sound came out of them. Opened them up, and blown caps. Bought new caps, installed them and bingo bango, good as new!
Wow I've been using a set of these I got from NCIX about 3 years ago regularly blasting loud music and they're still going strong. Must've been a bad batch
Feb 8, 2011
152 posts
214 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ReeGee wrote: Wow I've been using a set of these I got from NCIX about 3 years ago regularly blasting loud music and they're still going strong. Must've been a bad batch
Got mine from Woot, August 2011. Hooked 'em up for the first time about 2 months ago when they went poof. Work great now though. There was smoke - actual smoke - that came out the bass port of the speaker. Pretty spectacular really. :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)