Personal Finance

B2B Bank HISA 1.50% (Sept 16th) *New accounts opening through referral code from an Advisor only*

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 4:04 pm
Aug 8, 2019
42 posts
146 upvotes

B2B Bank HISA 1.50% (Sept 16th) *New accounts opening through referral code from an Advisor only*

https://b2bbank.com/en/rates/banking-rates
High Interest Savings Account with a rate of 3.30%

1.50% as of Sept 16th, 2020

1.65% as of July 6th, 2020

2.05% as of June 1st, 2020

2.25% as of March 14th, 2020

2.80% as of March 1st, 2020
Last edited by angel_wing0 on Mar 13th, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2012 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
Just applied with Motive for 2.8%
Looks like I might park my cash here now.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Mar 7, 2011
605 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Never heard of this bank, this any good?
Subsidiary of Laurentian Bank.. CDIC protected as well I guess.
B2B Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laurentian Bank of Canada. All fees are subject to applicable federal and provincial taxes when applicable and may change without prior notice. B2B Bank does not provide investment advice to individuals or advisors.
Jan 29, 2008
465 posts
69 upvotes
Any sign up / referral bonuses?
Here for a solid deal
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1542 posts
986 upvotes
Vancouver
Am I seeing things? 3.30% ongoing without time limit?
Nov 23, 2014
445 posts
229 upvotes
Surrey, BC
What's the catch? 3.3% for a plain ol' savings account is better than EQ's best GICs.
May 11, 2013
43 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
OMG good luck with the online application form. Tried it in Chrome. Couldn't get past the enter birthdate field. so tried it in Edge. There's also an EQUIFAX check. Filled it all in and it returned an error message. Not actually sure I want to do the application process again if its persistently hitting my equifax up for info. so I called. the only way to get this is online. Anyone else having problems?
Last edited by Guest67342580 on Aug 14th, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
With all the bank stocks with 4.5% yield on dividend, doesn't make sense staking money away on savings account with @ 2%.inflation at this period
Nov 16, 2013
917 posts
330 upvotes
GTA
This looks like Bait and within few months, rates will go down.

Their is as always * subject to change any time”

Who they now that this will continue for even 1 year?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4022 posts
2373 upvotes
Ottawa
swordy wrote: With all the bank stocks with 4.5% yield on dividend, doesn't make sense staking money away on savings account with @ 2%.inflation at this period
Do u buy bank centered ETFs? I find I don't have enough cash to buy single banks and do DRIP from my waterhouse account and have it be worthwhile.
Oct 9, 2014
82 posts
39 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Great info for me !!! Unable to access my existing account, but will make a move on my CELI !!!!

THANK'S A LOT OP !!!!
Apr 5, 2016
617 posts
1258 upvotes
BC
Bait & Switch
Take a look at the GIC rates to see what type of interest rates will be expected in the near future.
The savings account will likely drop to around 1% in the next few months.
May 11, 2013
43 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Never heard of this bank, this any good?
Yes, but not for everyday banking. As the name suggests, more a business bank. I'm checking this deal out for fees, rules and limitations. Their application form is really awful, but the deal seems legit, though likely temporary.
Jul 12, 2019
234 posts
905 upvotes
swordy wrote: With all the bank stocks with 4.5% yield on dividend, doesn't make sense staking money away on savings account with @ 2%.inflation at this period
HISAs are more liquid and therefore better suited for "emergency" funds. Bank stocks are way more volatile than HISAs. Read up on "risk-adjusted returns" - a CDIC insured HISA @3.3% may be a steal compared to a bank stock @4.5%.

Also dividends are a red herring. Total return or GTFO.
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
RichardStroker wrote: Bank stocks are way more volatile than HISAs. Read up on "risk-adjusted returns" - a CDIC insured HISA @3.3% may be a steal compared to a bank stock @4.5%.

Also dividends are a red herring. Total return or GTFO.
yes, they both serve a different purpose, as I am referring to an investment perspective instead of parking saving/emergency funds

However i'd disagree on variable saving rate of 3.3% is steal compared to Bank stocks as if you look at the history of Canadian banks, the majority will always emphasise on their dividend and the management will insist on not slashing nor suspend it...
With the underlying value in banks and high barriers to entry, plus avg yields are approaching 5% and utilizing covered call strategy will further reducing ACB- achieving annual 10-15% return is feasible in my opinion.
Last edited by swordy on Aug 14th, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: Do u buy bank centered ETFs? I find I don't have enough cash to buy single banks and do DRIP from my waterhouse account and have it be worthwhile.
I am not into ETFS.. find them too diversified and limited control.

I know the fund "TSE: FTN" mainly focus on N.A. financial companies which offers high monthly yield.

do make note of the MER and Preferred share holders gets first dip;
plus DIV do get suspended after NAV drops below certain amount
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10494 posts
7628 upvotes
ON
Now if we could only get past their fukn application page...
Finally made it. 48hrs to link an acct.
Oct 9, 2014
82 posts
39 upvotes
Quebec, QC
dilligafeh wrote: Now if we could only get past their fukn application page...
Finally made it. 48hrs to link an acct.
LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)