Hot Deals

[Babies R Us] Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat - $107.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 1:48 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2014
154 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Babies R Us] Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat - $107.97

Original price is $219, web price is $120 + 15% off + FS = $107.97 All in. Good price for a good Car seat.

Item Sub-total: $102.83
Shipping: $0.00
Goods and Services Tax (GST): $5.14
Provincial Sales Tax (PST): $0.00
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) $0.00
Quebec Sales Tax (QST) $0.00
TOTAL: $107.97


Bestbuy has it for $149.99 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ev ... 06840.aspx

Expired rfd deal: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/babies- ... v-2173548/
61 replies
Sr. Member
Aug 5, 2012
569 posts
291 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Thanks OP.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." Plato
Sr. Member
Jan 13, 2004
643 posts
112 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn. No free in store pickup anywhere in Vancouver as no stores have stock. Shipping isnt free either. It's $66-$50for shipping.

Still not a bad deal but not the cheapest this seat has sold for.
Jr. Member
Feb 24, 2017
113 posts
30 upvotes
Haven’t had a chance to do any research but is this a safe, quality car seat for the grandparents car? We use the Graco4ever for our primary car. Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4734 posts
1588 upvotes
A Place to Stand
smeeae wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:38 pm
Haven’t had a chance to do any research but is this a safe, quality car seat for the grandparents car? We use the Graco4ever for our primary car. Thanks
Yes, should be fine if it fits in their car. All these seats are safe and approved. But then again it all depends on what mommy blog you or your wife read that tells you otherwise and that by eating bread you are exhaling gluten fumes in the vehicle that are degrading the integrity of the fabric of the straps.

Image
Jr. Member
Feb 24, 2017
113 posts
30 upvotes
midget_man wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:11 am

Yes, should be fine if it fits in their car. All these seats are safe and approved. But then again it all depends on what mommy blog you or your wife read that tells you otherwise and that by eating bread you are exhaling gluten fumes in the vehicle that are degrading the integrity of the fabric of the straps.

Image
Well thanks so much for your useful advice.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1520 posts
1639 upvotes
GSXXRR wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 1:08 am
ordered for the grandparent. thx!
You can fit grandparents in those ? Isn't it a little bit tight ?
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5583 posts
479 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:22 am
You can fit grandparents in those ? Isn't it a little bit tight ?
I think the person said order one for the grandparent's car.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 8, 2008
2394 posts
459 upvotes
GTA
midget_man wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:11 am
Yes, should be fine if it fits in their car. All these seats are safe and approved. But then again it all depends on what mommy blog you or your wife read that tells you otherwise and that by eating bread you are exhaling gluten fumes in the vehicle that are degrading the integrity of the fabric of the straps.

Image
Right, just like every car out on the road is just as safe as the next one? Just because they can all pass a minimum safety standard does not make them all equal.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1520 posts
1639 upvotes
golden wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:50 am
I think the person said order one for the grandparent's car.
Come on man, didn't detect the joke there? should I always put a winky face at the end ;). Just being cheeky.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1406 posts
446 upvotes
kramerz80 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:56 am
Right, just like every car out on the road is just as safe as the next one? Just because they can all pass a minimum safety standard does not make them all equal.
The problem is we don't have standardized testing results and there's too much information out there in mommy blogs which could be sponsored so we cannot verify the information. Not to mention by the time you've reach the stage where you need to a get the car seat there isn't a lot of time to do the full research.

I'd say a sleepy parent on the road poses more threat to the baby than the car seat itself, so buy expensive if you are willing to pay -- just get some sleep and drive safe! :).
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1520 posts
1639 upvotes
slimysnot wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:15 am
The problem is we don't have standardized testing results and there's too much information out there in mommy blogs which could be sponsored so we cannot verify the information. Not to mention by the time you've reach the stage where you need to a get the car seat there isn't a lot of time to do the full research.

I'd say a sleepy parent on the road poses more threat to the baby than the car seat itself, so buy expensive if you are willing to pay -- just get some sleep and drive safe! :).
Adding to your point. Expensive or well reviewed, doesn't mean it is safer than the less expensive, less marketed item.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4734 posts
1588 upvotes
A Place to Stand
kramerz80 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:56 am
Right, just like every car out on the road is just as safe as the next one? Just because they can all pass a minimum safety standard does not make them all equal.
All these things have to meet standard safety requirements, as do cars. Of course there are variable factors as there are with anything. But most of them have little to do with the car seat itself. Arguably, my child in a basic car seat in the middle rear bench of my F150 Super Crew is likely safer than your child in a fancy designer seat strapped into the outside rear passenger seat of your Hyundai Accent. So if you feel inclined to blow $1000 on something your child will likely grow out of in a year for essentially a "name" based on the scientific findings of #fit_blogger_mom_1988 from Burlington, then by all means, knock yourself out! I think its more the features and ease of use that defines the choice between one seat over another, cheap or expensive, rather than how safe it is.

Top