Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5624 posts
1267 upvotes
Markham

Babu in Markham...closed?

Anyone know if this location is closed? For renos or permanently?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
8 replies
Nov 25, 2012
46 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
No response. Maybe that’s why it’s closed.

I have been to Scarborough location and have enjoyed the food very much.

However after going to that location several times I have noticed that he seems to have different prices for certain group of people.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1342 posts
75 upvotes
oh no... it's my favourite cheap eats
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39242 posts
3518 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
lolobutt wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 1:58 pm
No response. Maybe that’s why it’s closed.

I have been to Scarborough location and have enjoyed the food very much.

However after going to that location several times I have noticed that he seems to have different prices for certain group of people.
wow seriously! what group of people is this?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2445 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough
Maybe that explains why they renovated the Scarborough location and introduced an exclusive chef to work there. If you turn around and walk literally across the plaza there are two other style takeout places which are also very busy. I only go to BABU's for the Samosas. Can't beat 4 for a $1 although there is a place at Markham/Ellesemere (Patel Brothers) sell 5 for $1 not sure the size and quality.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5624 posts
1267 upvotes
Markham
There's a Silver spoon now located right across from Babu in Scarborough. Guessing completion might be slowly eating into their business.

When I went to Scarborough it was quite busy still.

Only been to the Markham location a couple of times so can't really comment on how busy it is there. Are they really renovating or closed but saying they're renovating like some places seem to do these days.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Sep 15, 2014
89 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OrangeBerry wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 10:33 pm
Maybe that explains why they renovated the Scarborough location and introduced an exclusive chef to work there. If you turn around and walk literally across the plaza there are two other style takeout places which are also very busy. I only go to BABU's for the Samosas. Can't beat 4 for a $1 although there is a place at Markham/Ellesemere (Patel Brothers) sell 5 for $1 not sure the size and quality.
You get better samosasa at Samosa King or Bangali sweets (Mcnicoll and finch) for same price.
Jul 29, 2007
113 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
In mid-September they had signs saying they were closing for renovations. I remember the sign had an October reopening date but can't remember specifics. Now there's no notices at all and it looks like the 3 units it used to take up has been separated. Doesn't really look like they will reopen.

I loved getting samosas and lamprais from there. Best cheap eats.
Sep 15, 2006
35 posts
1 upvote
I believe their reopening has been delayed. Wish I could say until when.