Baby Carrier Recommendations

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2017 9:01 pm
[OP]
Sep 30, 2008
609 posts
254 upvotes
Pickering
To update the thread, we ended up getting the Baby K'tan (received March 3rd) and the wife is really liking it so far. She watched a few youtube vids to familiarize herself with the various wrap options and after a couple tries she had it down and could do it quickly without even thinking too much. Having this gives her the flexibility to still have baby close but with her hands free which is all she was looking to get out of it. This meets our needs nicely (around the house use only) and I don't anticipate getting another carrier at all because if we go for walks etc. we typically bring the stroller.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, it was really helpful and much appreciated!
Aug 7, 2006
118 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Good to hear! I'm eyeing a Lillebaby. Did you happen to try out this brand and what were your thoughts>?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1607 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a Baby K'tan Breeze and I found it really easy to put the baby into. Even though it's the Breeze version, baby would still get hot when I covered his head for support when sleeping. I used my K'tan a lot in the early months. However, once the baby hit around 13 lbs or so, his weight would stretch out the carrier and I'd end up with lower back pain due to the lack of support, so I shopped around for another carrier.

My second carrier is a Lillebaby All Seasons. Definitely more of a learning curve to use than the K'tan, as I struggled at first putting baby into the carrier. I had to watch videos on strategies to put it on, especially as I couldn't reach the back clasp. It's definitely more supportive than the K'tan though, as it distributes the weight on your hips, and has a nice lumbar support. It's cooler than the K'tan as well. Tough to throw into your diaper bag though, unlike the K'tan.
Aug 7, 2006
118 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Good to know. Sounds like for the younger stages an more simple carrier may be the way to go.
Oct 17, 2013
64 posts
20 upvotes
Ontario
I'd also recommend joining a baby wearing group in your location. They have swaps and get togethers where you can try every kind of carrier imaginable. Plus, you can problem solve any issues that might come up. The kind of carrier that works with a newborn might not be so great as the baby grows.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel