• Feb 21st, 2018 2:01 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 16, 2013
123 posts
26 upvotes
MARKHAM

Baby Monitor Recommendation?

Please recommend one? Im thinking one that can display on iOS is more convenient so I don't end up with an extra device to charge. I heard these things should come with breathing and cry monitors? Appreciate the help ladies & gents.
9 replies
Jul 5, 2004
22441 posts
2282 upvotes
I just ditched my baby monitor and replaced it with a Wyze Cam. Couldn't be happier. More features for far less money
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Nov 21, 2016
204 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
I also thought a lot, and finally got a nest cam!
I feel it should double up as a baby monitor as well as to see the baby when I'm at work! And I can have a two way talk as well!
Jan 3, 2018
142 posts
31 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:02 pm
I just ditched my baby monitor and replaced it with a Wyze Cam. Couldn't be happier. More features for far less money
Shaner - which model did you buy and do you think there are security issues with it like Foscam?

Thanks

J/
Jan 3, 2018
142 posts
31 upvotes
Veritate wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 7:09 pm
Please recommend one? Im thinking one that can display on iOS is more convenient so I don't end up with an extra device to charge. I heard these things should come with breathing and cry monitors? Appreciate the help ladies & gents.
There are a few schools of thought:

1/ Dedicated baby monitor
a) Video and sound
b) Sound only

2/ Wi-fi camera which can be used after the baby grows up

Angelcare is an example of a baby monitor with breathing/motion sensor. I haven't tried one but I think others on this forum have.

They are all effectively cry monitors as you can hear or hear&see the baby's room.

J/
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9027 posts
859 upvotes
i have been using Xiao Fang with Mi App for the past whole year...great..and with motion sensor too..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1069 posts
545 upvotes
Montreal
All internet cameras have security holes. Don't do it.

Get a dedicated monitor. Plus it's ready to bring to grandparents house, etc. I like my mpb36s from Motorola.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1695 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
FrancisBacon wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 10:37 am
All internet cameras have security holes. Don't do it.

Get a dedicated monitor. Plus it's ready to bring to grandparents house, etc. I like my mpb36s from Motorola.
Yeah I really like my mbp36 too. The lullaby function has been really helpful putting my kid to sleep. Easy to take places and for grandparents to use.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3960 posts
643 upvotes
Richmond Hill
We used Angelcare. Baby movement + video.

Baby movement is sensitive enough for breathing and heart beat monitoring. We had it go off twice. Not sure if those were true or false alarms, we didn't really care. We wanted peace of mind to prevent SIDS.