• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2017 11:29 am
[OP]
Feb 14, 2016
821 posts
240 upvotes

Baby show Toronto? Is it worth it?

I'm looking to buy a stroller for my first baby

As I was looking for something to use in long term (as in use it with second baby); I was looking at versatile stroller, where you can add additional seat, like uppababy vista or baby jogger city select; however, it seems like these popular ones never go on sale,

so I was curious whether vendors at Baby show Toronto, coming up Apr 1, would offer any discounts on these products? or any other product that makes it worth going?

Any experiences? with baby shows?
8 replies
Sep 3, 2013
611 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
We went to the fall one and I doubt you will get discounts on strollers especially uppababy at the babytime show. We plan on going back next month now that we know what else we need. There were $5-10 clothing which were good deals. I believe Sears was there or some big box store offered 25%-30% off on little things like carriers and other gears, but no car seat or strollers.
Sep 30, 2008
609 posts
254 upvotes
Pickering
Here is a thread with some discussion from last year's round of shows - babytime-show-toronto-nov-11-13-2016-discounts-2040296/

I went to both shows last year, cash in hand ready to buy. The one at the CNE building (I think it was The Baby Show) was a disappointment. We were in and out in about 1 hour. Other than Dear Born, there were not many vendors there offering discounts. Dear Born had some specials but nothing that would be deemed hot by RFD standards.

The other show at the Metro Convention Centre (I believe that one was the Baby Time Show) had a few deals, I believe Uppababy was offering 15% off their stuff. Babies R Us was also there and had some deals but on selected car seats/strollers. They were offering $50 off of a $100 purchase cards when buying$200 worth of stuff....but I got two cards without buying anything after speaking with the staff so that was decent. We also bought a Kidiway glider at this show for a decent discount from one of the vendors there, can't remember who exactly but I picked up the item the next day in the west end.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2016
821 posts
240 upvotes
Phat$ wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 3:15 pm
Here is a thread with some discussion from last year's round of shows - babytime-show-toronto-nov-11-13-2016-discounts-2040296/

I went to both shows last year, cash in hand ready to buy. The one at the CNE building (I think it was The Baby Show) was a disappointment. We were in and out in about 1 hour. Other than Dear Born, there were not many vendors there offering discounts. Dear Born had some specials but nothing that would be deemed hot by RFD standards.

The other show at the Metro Convention Centre (I believe that one was the Baby Time Show) had a few deals, I believe Uppababy was offering 15% off their stuff. Babies R Us was also there and had some deals but on selected car seats/strollers. They were offering $50 off of a $100 purchase cards when buying$200 worth of stuff....but I got two cards without buying anything after speaking with the staff so that was decent. We also bought a Kidiway glider at this show for a decent discount from one of the vendors there, can't remember who exactly but I picked up the item the next day in the west end.
interesting, it seems like 15% for uppababy is best you can get,
I was looking at uppababy vista or city select (apparently new one city select lux is coming out for 2017 and it looks pretty nice)
Feb 24, 2017
9 posts
Are there any discounts? I tried all the ones for last fall, MOMMY seems to bring the price down $5. I hope they release the 2 for 1 deal, so I guess I'll wait until then.
Jan 19, 2017
3 posts
3 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 12:07 pm
I'm looking to buy a stroller for my first baby

As I was looking for something to use in long term (as in use it with second baby); I was looking at versatile stroller, where you can add additional seat, like uppababy vista or baby jogger city select; however, it seems like these popular ones never go on sale,

so I was curious whether vendors at Baby show Toronto, coming up Apr 1, would offer any discounts on these products? or any other product that makes it worth going?

Any experiences? with baby shows?
I was curious about the same thing, however, the vendor list for this show indicates that neither uppababy or jogger will be at the show.....and from the comments already made the distributors don't seem to offer discounts on these. I've contacted several distributors already to see about the 2017 uppababy vista (including dearborn) and was told they won't even be released until May-June. These ones most definitely won't be on sale, but that the older ones they still have in stock may offer $50 off or so in store.....
Sep 3, 2013
611 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
There's a deal on Buytopia for the The Baby's Show on april 1-2. 2 tickets for $20
Sep 30, 2008
609 posts
254 upvotes
Pickering
2 for 1 tickets are back for the BabyTime Spring Show (April 28th - 30th @ the International Center, hall 5).

Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8069 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
I find this store has resonable prices on baby stuff.

buybuybaby . com

just make sure you research your prices from other retailers.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel