Bachelor of Construction Management?

[OP]
Dec 14, 2014
177 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zofic13 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 4:16 am
RE: Construction Experience before starting the program - No, I didn't have any construction experience.
Thanks. Did your program have a lot of transfer students from other college programs?
Dec 25, 2012
49 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
RE: Transfer Students - first two years will be strictly your original roster. Starting 3rd year you will have bridging students, which includes students from other colleges as well.

It gets really competitive with bridging students coming in. Almost like a originals vs bridging. With the national bid competition also taking place in the 6th semester, it is probably the best 4 months of the 4 years!
[OP]
Dec 14, 2014
177 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zofic13 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 6:39 am
RE: Transfer Students - first two years will be strictly your original roster. Starting 3rd year you will have bridging students, which includes students from other colleges as well.

It gets really competitive with bridging students coming in. Almost like a originals vs bridging. With the national bid competition also taking place in the 6th semester, it is probably the best 4 months of the 4 years!
Thanks. Im actually planning on applying to the program as a bridging student. Any idea how competitive it is to get in? Were there many bridging students who entered the program or was the vast majority of the program the original students?
Dec 25, 2012
49 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
If you have +75% avg. with the required U level courses, you should be good.

You won't be competing with the bridging students if you straight away choose then original / direct 4 year entry. The bridging students are only eligible to enter from the 3rd year. Its geared towards students who hold an advanced diploma (i.e., 3 years + 2 years vs direct entry 4 years route).
[OP]
Dec 14, 2014
177 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zofic13 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 10:53 pm
If you have +75% avg. with the required U level courses, you should be good.

You won't be competing with the bridging students if you straight away choose then original / direct 4 year entry. The bridging students are only eligible to enter from the 3rd year. Its geared towards students who hold an advanced diploma (i.e., 3 years + 2 years vs direct entry 4 years route).
Im applying as a bridging student, not as the direct entry from high school I already have my Civil engineering diploma but im lacking my U level courses? Any idea what the policy is for bridging students versus direct entry high school students?
Dec 25, 2012
49 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I can't comment about the competitiveness of the bridging route as I was a direct entry student. However, if you have your advanced diploma in civil engineering then the entry requirements for bridging students do not require you to have the U course requirements. That is the primarily reason why they have the 5 year (bridging route) vs direct entry. I believe entry requirement for bridging is a 3.0 GPA.
Jun 23, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
Hi! I am a mother of 2 and very interested in this program Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. I will be taking Data Management 12U soon to meet the admission requirements (mature student) for the program at George Brown. I've taken ENG12U 89% final mark.

How heavy are the courses? (I've never been to any college, just some money grabbing private college so I have no idea how it works)
How many hours/day are you in school? (I still need to work)
Did you have any female classmates? Will it be intimidating for women?
How is the hiring for women after graduation?