Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9391 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa

Background music for Wedding reception slideshow

I am in the process of putting together a slideshow for my reception next month and would appreciate you guys' opinions on what type of music I should put in the background.

Slideshows will consist of pictures when we first met, when we were going out and when we recently took professional shots in the studio.

Should i go with instrumental music only, nice and soothing or doesn't matter ? Maybe some Mariah Carey/Celine Dion/Kenny G perhaps ?

The plan is to show the slideshow after the guests have had a chance to enjoy some meals, possibly in the middle of the reception.

Thanks.
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
Share:
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
depends about the lyrics..

what I find, is if you're going to narrate over the slideshow, then only use instrumantals. If you're going to make everyone sit there in silence and watch the slides, spare them the agony and use lyrics with the music.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2485 posts
53 upvotes
the wedding singer soundtrack
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
22 upvotes
Put your favourite romantic tracks on. I mean it's your wedding and slideshow so do what you want. It's your big, expensive DAY.
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2011 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Instrumental would be nice -- but it's up to you.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1227 posts
26 upvotes
Sam Roberts - Up rising down under

I used that in my wedding slideshow a couple weeks ago and I think the words are perfect.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10465 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
When my wife and I were married we didn't have a slideshow, but for dinner/ceremony music we just went to HMV and grabbed some of their $5 classical CDs. Just make sure they're instrumental only, we didn't notice that one was opera ;)
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1961 posts
135 upvotes
Check out the Mad About You soundtrack from the TV show (sample it on Amazon). I know one day I want to use the theme song (Mad About You by Anita Baker). There are also other great songs on there and Paul Reiser wrote in the liner notes that people wanted the theme song for their weddings. Another song I love on the soundtrack is "I Love the Way You Love Me."

Another good song is Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours."

HTH!
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6375 posts
143 upvotes
Slide It In - Whitesnake :lol:
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1011 posts
24 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Metallica - Creeping Death or DragonForce - Operation Ground N Pound

Seriously: Forever Love, Endless Rain, Tears, Say Anything.... by X-Japan (instrumental)
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1190 posts
299 upvotes
congrats, canabiz!

hope you racked up enough wins from proline to finance your wedding!
× < >