Page 1 of 1

backyard shed

Posted: Aug 16th, 2007 12:20 am
by totravel
I am planning to build a shed in the backyard, know any good places to shop for one or any company that will build one?

Re: backyard shed

Posted: Aug 16th, 2007 10:06 pm
by mrsmagoo2001
Hubby was thinking of the resin one at Rona. Anyone with exerience with this kind?

Resin shed

Posted: Aug 17th, 2007 1:16 am
by bobmans
I bought a Jardin shed from Home-depot last week. It was the 8 X 10 model. It came with the floor (most other models are extra) for $1000$ ($1200 or so taxes and delivery in). The instructions said that the area should be flat and I thought the area that I was going to install it on was relatively flat and after starting to install found that it wasn't. It wasn't a big deal and I finished in about 6 hours (I did have to shim up one end until it was finished and then removed them and the doors and walls are fine). I am more than happy with it and wifey can now park her car inside the garage.

Posted: Aug 17th, 2007 12:19 pm
by joshmxpx
bobmans wrote: I bought a Jardin shed from Home-depot last week. It was the 8 X 10 model. It came with the floor (most other models are extra) for $1000$ ($1200 or so taxes and delivery in). The instructions said that the area should be flat and I thought the area that I was going to install it on was relatively flat and after starting to install found that it wasn't. It wasn't a big deal and I finished in about 6 hours (I did have to shim up one end until it was finished and then removed them and the doors and walls are fine). I am more than happy with it and wifey can now park her car inside the garage.
do you have to put screening or patio stones down to create the level surface? or is this included in the kit you bought?

Posted: Aug 18th, 2007 1:27 am
by bobmans
I didn't do anything to the ground. I thought that it was relatively flat but found out during the install that it wasn't. I probably should have stopped after the first hour when I was putting the side panels and found that they were not fitting flush (there were gaps on the sides) but it was a blazing hot day and didn't feel like taking everything apart and then spending a couple of hours digging and trying to get a flat surface and then ordering whatever aggregate to put under the shed. I took a calculated risk completing it as it stood. The worst outcome would have been to spend another couple of hours finishing it and then having to take it down and go through the aggrevation of digging up the base and putting down stone and starting over.
Luckily for me once I shimmed up one corned I completed the install and then removed the shims and everything stayed in place. My shed was installed right over the grass in the backyard. My kit did not include any screening or patio stones but depending on the grade of your lot (including the type of soil, mine is hard clay) you may have to do some sort of pre work before putting up a shed.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2007 9:39 pm
by Ben Doone
totravel wrote: I am planning to build a shed in the backyard, know any good places to shop for one or any company that will build one?

If you're in the gta, drop by Royal Plastics Outlet, on 7200 Martin Grove.
They have a good selection to choose from. Prices are alot better than HD and Rona.

Posted: Jun 5th, 2008 7:43 am
by letsmakeadeal
That Ryal outlet seems to be in the same place as the patio furniture place. Is Royal still there today?

Posted: Jun 5th, 2008 8:45 am
by Regin8r
We bought our shed from Martingrove a few weeks ago.

We opted for the Severe Weather 8x10 model as it has a slightly better colour scheme and higher roofline.

http://www.royaloutdoor.com/prem-rockport.html

It was about $1250 or so after taxes. We rented a 6x12 UHaul trailer to pick it up along with our patio set. I think it would fit in a 5x10 though.

Delivery was $75.

It will not fit inside a minivan, you will need a pickup as the crate is too tall.

[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c15/R ... e_0011.jpg[/IMG]

We're going with poured 4inch concrete base, as per the instructions that came with the shed.

Posted: Jun 5th, 2008 9:11 am
by Techhead
10+ for the Royal Sheds.

I had a 10x10, double door, poured foundation and it was one of my best investments until I out grew it and had to build a garage.

Posted: Jun 9th, 2008 8:34 am
by Regin8r
Got the shed up.

I would say that 5 hour time frame they outline in the instructions was a little optimistic if you never did it before.

[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c15/R ... ood_12.jpg[/IMG]