Careers

Is it bad to accept a job because you need the cash but dont care for the job itself?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2012 7:50 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13002 posts
1120 upvotes
Mayo, if you're not cut out for physical labour, then move into a field where you use your head.
Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Jun 13, 2009
231 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Mayosandwich wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 10:03 pm
No 600lbs is just an example, no way i could do that. The heaviest i did going up stairs was this gigantic piece around 300lbs and i struggled. I was fine for the first bit moving it onto the truck and off the truck but when you do this one after another, non stop, your arm strength eventually goes out and thats what happened to me. My arms turned to mush. Makes it even harder when you dont have time to eat lunch, I give these guys full props, i dont know how they do it. I cant handle going a full work day without food.
You gave it your best shot. No shame in trying and realizing you are not cut out for it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
811 upvotes
Calgary
SleepyMcGee wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 10:11 pm
lol if the furniture is THAT heavy and expensive they would have had a bigger team moving them. Maybe it felt ultra heavy to you because you're just plain out of shape?
No i asked about the weights and was told accordingly plus they had it on the tags. My partner was nice guy when i met him, but didnt help when he was yelling at me 3 hours later in front of the customer on the stairwell cause i was struggling.

Jruuu wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 11:03 pm
You gave it your best shot. No shame in trying and realizing you are not cut out for it.
Im just worried about this bruise, i wasnt able to ice it right away but did when i got home. And hope my back isnt going to hurt tommorow.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4442 posts
1018 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 10:22 pm
Mayo, if you're not cut out for physical labour, then move into a field where you use your head.
Ojam wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 12:16 am
Didn't you learn from the first time? :facepalm:

Cant handle a physically demanding job
:lol: That's exactly what I thought when I saw Syne's sage advice. It looks like OP is pitching a shut out on both counts.
× < >