Food & Drink

Bad eating habbit I noticed that MANY people have ....

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2004 12:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2184 posts
133 upvotes
Vancouver
felixdd wrote:Actually...in Japan and I think Korea, it's considered impolite and an insult to the chef if you chew with your mouth closed. Supposed to mean that the food sucks :razz:
It's not just seeing people chewing with their mouths open. I work with several people who fall into this category and even when I can't see them I sure can HEAR them. Chomp SMACK.. SMACK.. SMACK.. SMACK.. Arrrrrggggghhh!! :mad: :mad:

Is it also supposed to be complimentary to the chef to make disgusting chewing sounds or would it not be rude to ask them not to let everyone know they're working hard at enjoying their meal?!
Jan 27, 2003
535 posts
Snow Country, BC
yeah, everytime I go out and eat chinese food with my anglo buddies they drown the rice dishes with soya sauce before tasting it and you know some of those dishes are well salted and seasoned with msg...kinda of remind me of the joy luck club.
Nov 29, 2003
496 posts
27 upvotes
Agreed. I saw someone doing it yesterday, she was sprinkling salt all over her untouched meal like there was no tomorrow. And she wonders why she can't lose weight...hello? salt retains water...

Anyways, to each his/her own, whatever makes you happy :)

S.
"The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret."