Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1657 posts
189 upvotes
JohnB wrote:
Dec 17th, 2010 2:55 pm
Why do I care where it shipped from? Im not the logistics manager at NewEgg, its up to them to decide where to put their warehouse.

Sorry for trying to help j@ckass.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3530 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Meh ordered some laptop ram and received it in a few days. All of my past newegg experiences have been pretty much like that. Been great to me so far.
Dec 16, 2010
3 posts
Alberta
I like NCIX. Their membership prices are supper good deals!
Dec 16, 2010
3 posts
Alberta
I like NCIX. Their membership prices are supper good deals!
Jul 6, 2009
645 posts
73 upvotes
I've had the misfortune of dealing with Newegg and NCIX customer service on multiple occasions, and without a doubt Newegg is WAY, WAY better. If these stores customer service were bands, NCIX would be Nickelback and Newegg would be any band that is not Nickelback. That's how badly NCIX's customer service sucks. While I prefer to support Canadian companies and try to buy locally to avoid the hassle of RMA's, if I have to order online I'll take Newegg over NCIX any day of the year because of their superior customer service.
Apr 14, 2004
307 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered from newegg.ca a few weeks ago - some verbatim blank dvds. I had four spindles being shipped to me from Canada. Three out of the four spindles were broken. The plastic wrap was partially torn off 3 of them, and the black "post" things that go through the dvds were actually snapped off from the base on 2 of them. The other one had a cracked base. When I twsited the lid off a cake box, I didnt know the post was broken off, and dvds went everywhere. I contacted newegg and customer service was crappy to say the least. The other thing was the box was in perfect shape. No dings, bumps, scratches or anything on the box. It was pristine, so I am VERY confident that damage didnt happen during shipping and happened at the source before being shipped.

The other part of my order, came from the states and although it arrived I was never given a proper tracking number that the courier could recognize.

It was my first order ever with newegg, and my last - I wont be ordering from them again.
Dec 13, 2010
17 posts
3 upvotes
I bought the panasonic phones from newegg and the tracking number newegg provided does not work on purolator site or newegg site. I guess that number must be kind of "internal receipt number" between newegg and purolator which can not be tracked by the customer. Newegg can probably save a few bucks in that way.
Mar 15, 2009
72 posts
Toronto
JohnB wrote:
Dec 17th, 2010 4:51 pm
Okay, so I got my money back.

I found out that NewEgg never shipped my item in the first place, despite sending me a tracking number and shipping confirmation it never left their warehouse.
I just had the same issue, I purchased a WD 3TB drive, they email me a tracking number that does not come up on the Purolator website. I waited couple of days and still nothing, I sent then an email asking for the correct tracking number, the reply was it is correct, call Purolator at their 1-800 number. Hack of a customer service...

It turned out the item was not shipped, it got picked up the following day by Purolator and now it does show up and it will be delivered today...

I won't be purchasing anything from them again, lousy customer service, to me customer service is very important, if you try to treat me like crap after getting my money, I will make sure others don't make the same mistake I made...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8608 posts
2167 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I recently made 4 purchases from Newegg. One was shipped from their Toronto warehouse. It showed up on Purolator's tracking site a few hours after Newegg sent me an e-mail confirmation. The other orders were shipped from Edison, NJ. The Purolator tracking numbers for them didn't work for a few days until after they entered Canada. Then they got updated normally. Here's an example of the last shipment that I'm expecting today. (It was ordered on Saturday and was shipped on Sunday.)

veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Oct 13, 2008
358 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
JohnB wrote:
Dec 14th, 2010 7:44 pm
In never buying anything from NewEgg again, and I just wanted to warn other people here.
I've ordered thousands of dollars of product from NewEgg.ca, and never had a problem. I've even been shocked a few times at the speed of delivery. I ordered a laser drum/toner on Wednesday at 9:30am, and it showed up at my door on Thursday at 11am. Christmas presents this year were ordered on Dec 11th, and all arrived by Dec 17th. I've always been quite happy with their service.

I'm sorry you had ONE minor issue over a low value item, but that's really no reason to start crying.. "drive them into bankruptcy!!!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8608 posts
2167 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
codetrap wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 10:48 am
I've ordered thousands of dollars of product from NewEgg.ca, and never had a problem.
Same here.
I've even been shocked a few times at the speed of delivery. I ordered a laser drum/toner on Wednesday at 9:30am, and it showed up at my door on Thursday at 11am. Christmas presents this year were ordered on Dec 11th, and all arrived by Dec 17th. I've always been quite happy with their service.
I don't know where you're located but at least in southern ON if the item ships from their GTA warehouse it usually gets delivered the same day. A lot of their stuff comes from the US. That takes a few days longer to get to the border and get cleared through customs.
I'm sorry you had ONE minor issue over a low value item, but that's really no reason to start crying.. "drive them into bankruptcy!!!"
Unfortunately that's the RFD way, at least for some people. They have a bad initial experience and immediately jump to the [wrong] conclusion, condemning the seller out-of-hand. However...
1. If these sorts of threads were to be believed then there would be few if any retailers that would be "RFD-approved."
2. If Newegg was generally as bad as this thread suggests then they'd have gone bankrupt years ago.
veni, vidi, Visa

Oct 13, 2008
358 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
bylo, I'm in Calgary. That's part of the reason I was amazed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
202 upvotes
Why do people continue to compare ncix to newegg? they are two different sites.

For me personally, I think ncix has a god awful ugly website, so i don't order from there. Newegg is nicer and easier on the eyes.

I've never had a problem from newegg, i've purchased 3 computers, a laptop, a tablet & a bunch of small things from them. I don't hound their tracking information. When it gets here, it does, or i receive a card telling me to pick it up at the local sports store.
Discuss everything Travel! - http://www.ineedavacation.ca
Discuss everything Mixed Martial Arts! - http://www.ufctalk.net
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3474 posts
407 upvotes
Aurora
I've ordered from them a few times, on 2 occasions I got my order the next day. I've never had a problem.
That's the end of my rant.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8608 posts
2167 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Kris81 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 3:25 pm
Why do people continue to compare ncix to newegg? they are two different sites.

For me personally, I think ncix has a god awful ugly website, so i don't order from there. Newegg is nicer and easier on the eyes.
Why do people judge a book by its cover and retailers by the aesthetics of their website? ;)

I don't care how a website looks as long as the price is right, the site is secure and the retailer is reputable.
I don't hound their tracking information. When it gets here, it does, or i receive a card telling me to pick it up at the local sports store.
1. Some people need need accurate and timely tracking information because (a) they need the item ASAP and/or (b) they ordered bulky and/or heavy items and thus they have to stay home on the day their purchase is supposed to be delivered.
2. Some people don't live near a pick-up outlet so having to go get the package is a major inconvenience.
veni, vidi, Visa

× < >