Page 1 of 2

BAD experience at NewEgg.ca

Posted: Dec 14th, 2010 7:44 pm
by JohnB
So I ordered a USB key a last week ago from NewEgg.ca.

Courier was Purolator.

When NewEgg shipped it they gave me an invalid tracking number, I have not been able to track anything, and have not yet received anything.

No one answered my email when I sent "customer service" an email.

The person on the live chat told me NewEgg is not responsible for whatever happens after they ship it.

This is terrible service, I have received better service from a no-name dollar store in China.

In never buying anything from NewEgg again, and I just wanted to warn other people here.

Maybe I should try that line when I ship things, dont reply to emails then say "Sorry I shipped it out, Im not responsible now, k thx bye..."..yeah right.

For the record Ive spent thousands of dollars at NCIX, probably over 5k and Ive never had any problems like this, only the crappy store NewEgg when I bought a crappy Special of the Day USB key...I should have just bought it at Walmart :(

Re: BAD experience at NewEgg.ca

Posted: Dec 14th, 2010 8:04 pm
by apn64
I've only ordered from Newegg a few times and not had a problem. However, most credit cards will allow a charge-back if you have not received the merchandise within 30 days. Even better if you have documented evidence (email) of trying to resolve the problem yourself. Assuming you paid this way, call your CC provider to confirm the policy.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2010 9:09 pm
by jrees
You say you ordered it last week........what day? Where did the item ship from? If it was there California warehouse, it is probably still on the way.

Last week was only 2 business days ago.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2010 9:45 pm
by JohnB
jrees wrote: You say you ordered it last week........what day? Where did the item ship from? If it was there California warehouse, it is probably still on the way.

Last week was only 2 business days ago.
Shipping notice and non-working tracking was issued on the 7th. I dont know where it shipped from...

Posted: Dec 14th, 2010 9:58 pm
by Sprite_TM
newegg's customer service is bad, i've never bought from them for a LONNNNNNNGGGGGG time.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2010 10:09 pm
by zod
I ordered a george forman grill from them last week. The purolator number did work fine, and it arrived yesterday. Newegg is awesome! :)

your tracking # did you try to track in on their website. I ran into an unrelated issue a few years ago where purolator used different websites, ergo different tracking # systems between the US and Canada.

So US ones wouldn't work on the Canada site and vice versa.

Newegg hotlinks the tracking #'s in the order history and will track right on their site, which usually makes sure it works for me?

Posted: Dec 14th, 2010 10:40 pm
by JohnB
^^^^

Thanks for the comments youre better than the NewEgg customer help, LOL.

I dont mind waiting, I know its Christmas I dont expect things to ship over night, arrive before Christmas, but if the rep or customer service just told me sometimes tracking has an issue, tracking is often messed up, tracking has technical difficulties, or please wait a few more days, or they will look into it, or thanks for being a customer, please wait a bit more etc, I don't mind.

Telling me to call Purolator to investigate it myself, and its not their problem after ship is just what got to me.

I tried both US/CA sites still no number or status.

$13 key I dont care. My next orders will be from some other vendor.

Posted: Dec 15th, 2010 2:17 am
by n00bxqb
I had a problem with them when they first opened in Canada (sent the wrong case), but they took care of it immediately, cross shipping the new case and reimbursing me for the shipping cost back to them. Great service. Ordered dozens of times from them since w/o any problems.

Maybe they had to cut back on service now that they've gone public and the economy has taken a nosedive ... ?

Forget newegg

Posted: Dec 15th, 2010 9:53 pm
by Aceinto
Next time just price match at NCIX. I do it all the time and never been denied.

Posted: Dec 16th, 2010 4:44 pm
by jrees
JohnB wrote: Shipping notice and non-working tracking was issued on the 7th. I dont know where it shipped from...

If you go into your account, and click on your order it will say where it shipped from.

Posted: Dec 16th, 2010 5:51 pm
by May
Hi,

Quite frankly I can describe Newegg as Follow:

1) Clueless customer service

2) Fast Shipping

3) They don't price match

4) Their price over normal

5) they don't accept all payments As NCIX

God Bless all.

Posted: Dec 17th, 2010 2:55 pm
by JohnB
jrees wrote: If you go into your account, and click on your order it will say where it shipped from.

Why do I care where it shipped from? Im not the logistics manager at NewEgg, its up to them to decide where to put their warehouse.

Posted: Dec 17th, 2010 3:13 pm
by JohnB
Aceinto wrote: Next time just price match at NCIX. I do it all the time and never been denied.

Yes, I will be doing this from now on.

Posted: Dec 17th, 2010 4:51 pm
by JohnB
Okay, so I got my money back.

I found out that NewEgg never shipped my item in the first place, despite sending me a tracking number and shipping confirmation it never left their warehouse.

Posted: Dec 19th, 2010 10:28 pm
by mrsandman
May wrote: Hi,

Quite frankly I can describe Newegg as Follow:

1) Clueless customer service

2) Fast Shipping

3) They don't price match

4) Their price over normal

5) they don't accept all payments As NCIX

God Bless all.

I just had a gold experience with Newegg.ca 2 weeks ago ordered a Coolermaster Scout case for $59-- great price for a nice case(free shipping). Puralator came to deliver, I wasn't home, they didn't leave slip.. I checked online,saw I missed 'em, picked it up.
Got it home, opened box, huge shipping damage to case(6 broken rivets, .75"stress fracture on case, broken interior fan etc. I called Newegg to see what they could do, put me on hold twice total 5 mins. said "we'll give you full refund, keep the case".....now THAT'S how to make the customer happy.
Yea it's just 1 customer,1 time, but how do you like your chances with other online retailers in this kinda mess???

Posted: Dec 20th, 2010 6:30 am
by jrees
JohnB wrote: Why do I care where it shipped from? Im not the logistics manager at NewEgg, its up to them to decide where to put their warehouse.

Sorry for trying to help j@ckass.

Posted: Dec 20th, 2010 6:56 am
by stevelam
Meh ordered some laptop ram and received it in a few days. All of my past newegg experiences have been pretty much like that. Been great to me so far.

Posted: Dec 20th, 2010 12:52 pm
by windtip
I like NCIX. Their membership prices are supper good deals!

Posted: Dec 20th, 2010 1:10 pm
by windtip
I like NCIX. Their membership prices are supper good deals!

Posted: Dec 20th, 2010 1:25 pm
by Citizen Bmac
I've had the misfortune of dealing with Newegg and NCIX customer service on multiple occasions, and without a doubt Newegg is WAY, WAY better. If these stores customer service were bands, NCIX would be Nickelback and Newegg would be any band that is not Nickelback. That's how badly NCIX's customer service sucks. While I prefer to support Canadian companies and try to buy locally to avoid the hassle of RMA's, if I have to order online I'll take Newegg over NCIX any day of the year because of their superior customer service.