• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2017 6:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2447 posts
554 upvotes

[Banana Republic] Banana Republic 52% off Dress Shirt

Banana Republic has the shirts at 40% off + another 20% off. Works out to be 52% off. Expires today. Discount is automatically applied. I tried the birthday code but they do not stack.

Grab the size you want before they are gone!

If you are doing airmiles shoptheblock offers, this one can be used for the "shop 3 different online shops get 150 airmiles" offer, so do not forget to go through airmilesshop.
16 replies
Dec 14, 2008
563 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Sizing seems limited. Also if you're athletic I find that BR shirts typically don't fit well. It seems like a mixture of their two cuts is sorely needed; more room in the sleeves and chest but tapered through the waist. If I try their regular shirts, my arms and shoulders feel great, but I could house an entire family in the stomach area. If I try their slim fit my stomach looks great but I can barely get my arms into the sleeves.
Apr 29, 2015
71 posts
14 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Thanks OP!

I will not comment about my opinion of the merchandise because this thread is about saving, not about someone's particular opinion of BR sizing...
Jul 23, 2017
6 posts
3 upvotes
Seems to work on sale items too, although selection and sizes are dismal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7007 posts
1064 upvotes
Ajax
insightcreative wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:34 pm
Thanks OP!

I will not comment about my opinion of the merchandise because this thread is about saving, not about someone's particular opinion of BR sizing...
Yet you can give your opinion here.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/1-000-b ... #p27751731

BTW the post above your's is more useful than your gas station one.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Dec 5th, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3017 posts
14747 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
I used to like BR but their quality went downhill for a while now. I stopped buying their clothes.
Tim Hortons Tip: Buy 3 mini strudels in separate transaction ($0.42 each) and then Redeem Free Coffee(Any Sizes) (Dec 31) 😃

SELLING

GROUP BUY
Xqisit portable banks + usb (Cheap)
Jul 30, 2007
901 posts
223 upvotes
BC
insightcreative wrote:
Thanks OP!

I think the emphasis should be value for money, not just saving. If someone has a valid opinion about the product that is tied to its value (e.g. the fit for clothing), then it should be fine. It's not like they're attacking the OP.
Jan 19, 2011
688 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
insightcreative wrote:
Thanks OP!

Actually the poster is providing valuable information for people who don't have experience with BR dress shirts and are considering getting in on the deal.

Bring back the vote down button!
Oct 24, 2005
884 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP!

Ordered 5 small and 5 medium. Haven't worn Banana before so I want to get the sizing correct and will return whatever doesn't fit.
May 5, 2016
180 posts
137 upvotes
Looks like BR fixed the bug where the email signup 25% off or birthday 15% off were stacking with other sales.
Mar 12, 2016
238 posts
183 upvotes
bring back the downvote button

op: this is a great deal
Sep 2, 2009
30 posts
London
ieGod wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:13 pm
Sizing seems limited. Also if you're athletic I find that BR shirts typically don't fit well. It seems like a mixture of their two cuts is sorely needed; more room in the sleeves and chest but tapered through the waist. If I try their regular shirts, my arms and shoulders feel great, but I could house an entire family in the stomach area. If I try their slim fit my stomach looks great but I can barely get my arms into the sleeves.
I agree, but i seem to have the same problem with many different brand's shirts. Do you have any recommendations for dress shirts that have a comfortable fit up top but are seriously tapered at the waist?
I'm sure I could get them tailored but that's a hassle I'd rather avoid if at all possible.
Dec 14, 2008
563 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
shazaam! wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:07 pm
I agree, but i seem to have the same problem with many different brand's shirts. Do you have any recommendations for dress shirts that have a comfortable fit up top but are seriously tapered at the waist?
I'm sure I could get them tailored but that's a hassle I'd rather avoid if at all possible.
Truthfully I've had better luck at Zara and Le Chateau. I've tried a few groupons for M2M shirts which have been decent but they can still get pricey.