Expired Hot Deals

[Banggood.com] HOT - LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 X829 5.7 inch 6GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 820 Quad core 4G Smartphone $290.86 CAD

Apr 24, 2012
64 posts
13 upvotes
CALGARY
There is one major issue with these phones, they are only Android 6 and it doesn't look like they will be putting ver 7 on these phones soon. No response on the forums when people ask. It also looks like all XDA build break the camera. Also there are lots of posts bout the fingerprint reader breaking, some of it has been fixed through software but it looks like it's sensitivity is poor and still has some hard ware issues.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10885 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
Mordanti wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 4:58 pm
Careful what you wish for... dang it. I just received my LeEco Le Max 2 X820 5.7 inch 64GB with 4GB RAM a month ago, and love it. I didn't go for the 6GB RAM version as it was another $100 CAN more, which was just too much IMHO.

Then today, I see this: Another $35 USD off Preorder price...

LeEco-Max2-6gb-Coupon.JPG

It works out to $290.86 CAN, a fair heft off the pre-order price of 373.12... and it;s got 6GB of RAM, which is fairly future-proof, at least for 2-3 years, in my opinion.

I do like the LeMax2 4GB I have, which generally runs with 1 to 1.5 GB RAM free. It's fast, got a gorgeous display, the battery lasts me all day and it works great with TELUS on 4G with LTE where I get a good signal( downtown, not at home ).

I'd highly recommend the 6GB version of the phone to anyone looking for the best-bang-for-buck, especially at less than $300 CDN. Considering I paid $260 CAN for it back in March, another $30 for 2GB more RAM is a no-brainer.
What do you do when the the battery on this phone dies and starts to lose its holding charge...1 year down the road?

Since it is built-in...which I hate as I prefer replaceable batteries...what do people who own such phones with built-in batteries do?

Can the battery be easily replaced by yourself? Where would you be able to buy a new one to replace the dying/dead batter?
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
May 15, 2007
256 posts
113 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:53 am
What do you do when the the battery on this phone dies and starts to lose its holding charge...1 year down the road?
Since it is built-in...which I hate as I prefer replaceable batteries...what do people who own such phones with built-in batteries do?
Can the battery be easily replaced by yourself? Where would you be able to buy a new one to replace the dying/dead batter?
I don't understand what you are worrying about. Nowadays I believe the only recent phone that allows you to replace the battery is LG G5, and for sure it is not majority.
Let the deal over just because of the non-replaceable battery? Are you kidding?
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13003 posts
2923 upvotes
Toronto
At this price, who cares if the battery dies in a couple of years. Does it really make a difference if the manufacturer is still around? Look at what nexus 6P owners need to do to get a good remedy.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1188 posts
197 upvotes
Kanata
Last item I ordered from Banggood on Dec 19 2016 arrived ...yesterday. So ummm, NO.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Nov 13, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
will888 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:53 am
At this price, who cares if the battery dies in a couple of years. Does it really make a difference if the manufacturer is still around? Look at what nexus 6P owners need to do to get a good remedy.
Battery seems to be the first thing that causes me to want to get a new phone. For $290 if it lasts 1-2 year that's not bad. The LG V20 with removable battery is double the price.
May 15, 2007
256 posts
113 upvotes
bvawot wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:13 pm
Battery seems to be the first thing that causes me to want to get a new phone. For $290 if it lasts 1-2 year that's not bad. The LG V20 with removable battery is double the price.
You sure you want to use a smart phone for more than 3 years? If you need a smart phone.
Apr 19, 2017
2 posts
3 upvotes
The LG G3, Samsung S5, and One Plus One all launched in 2014 and they are all still usable and will be for another 2-3 years. Smartphone performance is leveling off.
Jun 21, 2009
805 posts
99 upvotes
Vancouver
Mordanti wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:45 am
I'm quite satisfied with the camera, it's excellent in bright and normal lighting conditions, with many flexible options including built-in OIS. There's plenty of reviews out there on the web, including videos and image samples. Here's a few of my own sample pics from this past week:

IMG_20170415_081940.jpg

IMG_20170414_174156.jpg

IMG_20170417_143005.jpg

IMG_20170417_142627.jpg
I ended up pulling the trigger. I'm currently on a oneplus one that is well over 2 years old. The biggest drawback is the camera, and this LeEco seems to have great reviews. I'm a bit worried about the form factor being large and not sleek. However, as I like to watch a lot of YouTube videos, I do need a larger phone.
Jun 21, 2009
805 posts
99 upvotes
Vancouver
noregister2 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:47 pm
The LG G3, Samsung S5, and One Plus One all launched in 2014 and they are all still usable and will be for another 2-3 years. Smartphone performance is leveling off.
I'd disagree somewhat on that. Internet and hardware demands are increasing. My OnePlusOne is getting less snappy, as new apps eat up more of its limited RAM. I'm finding that's it running into processor issues more often. And I would not want to use it for another 2-3 years. The 6 GB ram on this LeEco is a major selling point for me. The phone also has very basic software, which means that little of the RAM is eaten up by bloatware.

I do agree that smartphone tech is leveling off though. You only need a phone to do so much.
Jun 21, 2009
805 posts
99 upvotes
Vancouver
Scorpionsy wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:53 am

If you really want to salvage an old phone by putting a new battery in, you can get that done or attempt it yourself. It just means severing and reattaching the ribbon. It will void the warranty (which will be over after 1 year anyways). I'm not sure why you'd attempt that at this price point. You'd be much better off just buying a new phone in 2 years. Which will keep the phone up to date anyways.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13003 posts
2923 upvotes
Toronto
bvawot wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:13 pm
Well if you think paying double for the privilege of being able to pop in a new battery in a couple of years is good value, go for it. Out of principle, I don't buy carrier phones. They are artificially priced high and used as candy to lure customers into happily buying $80 plans that come with 500 megs of data.

As for phone hardware capability leveling out, yeah it is getting there in terms of CPU. I have a few snapdragon 801 phones in use still that are fine. But, they don't compare to the 820 in terms of fluidity. Phone cameras are getting better and better. This is my first phone with OIS in the camera. This combined with a better camera overall is producing pictures that just don't compare to anything I have owned in the past. The fingerprint scanner is much more convenient than punching in a 8 digit PIN code. Do I absolutely need a new device, well no. As a new tech toy, is it worth the money, absolutely. I have always kept the purchases at between $200-300. At a cost of around $10 per month of usage, I am fine with it lasting around 2 years. TBH, the battery quality these days are getting better like the rest of the phone hardware. Even heavy users can stretch a battery into year 3.
Jun 3, 2007
407 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks OP.hopefully won't get charged by custom.
Jan 4, 2013
110 posts
17 upvotes
Any idea how this works on Rogers? I have always heard mixed reviews with non-carrier phones.

Debating between gettting an off carrier phone or going with wifes works plan and getting the S8... Haven't been able to decide yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)