Expired Hot Deals

[Banggood.com] HOT - LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 X829 5.7 inch 6GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 820 Quad core 4G Smartphone $290.86 CAD

Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1181 posts
131 upvotes
russbarden wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:31 pm
Any idea how this works on Rogers? I have always heard mixed reviews with non-carrier phones.

Debating between gettting an off carrier phone or going with wifes works plan and getting the S8... Haven't been able to decide yet.
I think there is a HUGE difference with this phone and S8. If you are able to get the S8 I'd go for it instantly. My personal fear with buying electronics from China is that they may arrive with some defect or DOA. Wouldn't know what to do after waiting so long for it to arrive. I'd get the S8 too but these prices are just too expensive.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12391 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
kenvin100 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 5:03 am
I think there is a HUGE difference with this phone and S8. If you are able to get the S8 I'd go for it instantly. My personal fear with buying electronics from China is that they may arrive with some defect or DOA. Wouldn't know what to do after waiting so long for it to arrive. I'd get the S8 too but these prices are just too expensive.
I would go the other way, avoid carrier phones. The price differential is huge. Sure the carriers will give away the phone at a low price or free but you have to get a $80 plan with no features. It's like getting a flagship phone with no SIM slot. Pay very little money for a phone and there's no remorse with upgrading frequently.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2011
69 posts
50 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 7:30 am
I would go the other way, avoid carrier phones. The price differential is huge. Sure the carriers will give away the phone at a low price or free but you have to get a $80 plan with no features. It's like getting a flagship phone with no SIM slot. Pay very little money for a phone and there's no remorse with upgrading frequently.
This is the reason why I purchased my 4gb LeEco Max2 for $260, instead of paying a carrier for the 'privilege' of owning a Galaxy S8 that starts at $750.00 with the cost built-in to pricey monthly plan. I pay $73/mo w/taxes and still consider that too high, even with a decent data cap. I also don't need a phone that costs the same as a mid-range laptop, as I use a PC at work and at home and don't live 24/7 in social media. However, I *do* like a smooth phone experience, but I have no need of many extra 'features' like the S8's curved screen or iris scanner, though the heart-rate sensor is a nice touch.

Bottom line: buy what you need, and shop smart.

For my daily driver, I don't need an S8, and the price of a 6gb LeEco Max 2 is too good to pass up at less than half the price of an S8, before taxes.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1181 posts
131 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 7:30 am

Fair comment...I agree-which is why I go Motorola as their prices are reasonable for me. I guess for me personally I have a fear of products coming in DOA nor the patience to wait x weeks to x months waiting for shipment..but that's just me
Sep 15, 2008
963 posts
1720 upvotes
Pawtucket
Great phone and amazing price but its a pain if you get a dud. I got a defective unit and had to ship it back to China for a refund but the vendor (not Banggood) would not pay for it. I paid with paypal so that covered some of the return shipping costs but it was a nightmare to deal with. Lesson learned as I will not buy anymore phones direct from China.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12391 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
redboy69 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 1:30 pm
Great phone and amazing price but its a pain if you get a dud. I got a defective unit and had to ship it back to China for a refund but the vendor (not Banggood) would not pay for it. I paid with paypal so that covered some of the return shipping costs but it was a nightmare to deal with. Lesson learned as I will not buy anymore phones direct from China.
How much was postage to return it to them?
Jan 15, 2014
17 posts
5 upvotes
Spruce Grove
do they update security and the newest android version as they come out???
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12391 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
ponchuk wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:24 pm
They seem pretty active. In the short time that I had the phone, an update rolled out.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
12398 posts
7568 upvotes
Toronto
ponchuk wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:24 pm
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. I'm running the official developer ROM. It gets updates every week like clockwork. Currently Android 6 Marshmallow with Android Security Patch Level 2017-4-1 and rumors of Android 7 Nougat soon. Very pleased with their updates.

Not sure is Leeco as reliable though for updates?
Last edited by sprung on Apr 21st, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Sep 15, 2008
963 posts
1720 upvotes
Pawtucket
will888 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:07 pm
I went down to the US and shipped via USPS. With tracking it was about $40 but I got reimbursed $30 from Paypal.
May 18, 2012
601 posts
160 upvotes
MARKHAM
silver showing up at $318.30 for me after discount?

gold showing up at $306.50 for me after discount?
May 10, 2012
1 posts
moufasa wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 11:22 pm
silver showing up at $318.30 for me after discount?

gold showing up at $306.50 for me after discount?
price went up 10 usd
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1145 posts
358 upvotes
Vancouver
will888 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:07 pm
By CanadaPost was about $23 untracked and $70 tracked.

It was a painful and long lesson and I would not buy another phone from China. These days there are many good phones to choose from with US warranty, for example I picked up a 64GB Moto G4 Plus for the wife for USD$195 and I am using the ZTE Axon 7. I got a stuck headphone tip with the Axon 7, they sent me an advance replacement with shipping covered. Yes, it costs more to buy in Canada/US, but you get the peace of mind knowing you are covered.
May 10, 2015
11 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sprung wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:06 pm
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. I'm running the official developer ROM. It gets updates every week like clockwork. Currently Android 6 Marshmallow with Android Security Patch Level 2017-4-1 and rumors of Android 7 Nougat soon. Very pleased with their updates.

Not sure is Leeco is as reliable though for updates.
I owe a XiaoMi Redmi Note 3 too... can yours phone get LTE signals? mine can't.... Hopefully you can give me some information... Thanks in advacne.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1179 posts
989 upvotes
Vancouver
chamyangary wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 1:43 am
I owe a XiaoMi Redmi Note 3 too... can yours phone get LTE signals? mine can't.... Hopefully you can give me some information... Thanks in advacne.
Which provider are you with? I'm with Public Mobile on Telus network and I get LTE everywhere on my xiaomi note 3. With Fido I only got 3G.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel