Hot Deals

[Banggood] Global Version Redmi Note 7 4/64 - $241.63 CAD before shipping, insurance

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 5:59 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2017
500 posts
158 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…

Global Version Redmi Note 7 4/64 - $241.63 CAD before shipping, insurance

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Banggood
https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-N ... e_products

Use code BG6RN764. Stack with GCR because you can.

You can find it for around the same price at Aliexpress as well. Here's Hong Kong Goldway:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Global- ... 684e200f75

$21.51 DHL shipping. Stack with eBates if you buy.

I know it isn't the hottest price but it's okay for anyone who need a decent phone now and doesn't want just 3GB RAM. I like it better than the Mi A2 because it has a bigger battery, headphone jack, FM radio, and SD slot. Includes dual SIM and B4 WCDMA and AWS. So it'll work partially with Freedom.

P.S. That 48MP camera is fake, so don't let it wow you. Buy the phone because it has all the features the Mi A2 lacks.
15 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12830 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
Good price, I just paid 262 Cdn ordering a month ago. Great phone.
Aug 30, 2006
18 posts
16 upvotes
Victoria
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question; I'm not very knowledgeable about the bands needed in Canada.

Checking on Kimovil, this phone seems to be missing some, most notably for me, is B17 on Koodo.

How crucial is this band, would it have a significant impact on connectivity?
Dec 4, 2007
162 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got a pair of these (with 4/128gb) for my parents for $285 each a month ago from Mi Global Store on Aliexpress. I opted for the bigger storage since it was around a $30 difference at the time and my parents take a lot of photos on their phones. If you are in a similar situation, you may want to explore the larger storage option as well.

Shipping took exactly 2 weeks and was tracked throughout the process. My parents are enjoying it so far. Phone feels premium and performance is smooth, and the camera is decent with Gcam installed. IMO Photo colours feel a bit saturated and unnatural (when compared to photos taken on my P20), but that's purely subjective and may just be the software and can be fixed with some processing.

On Zoomer (Rogers) in Toronto it always shows 4G on the status bar, but the speedtests suggest that the phone is operating at typical LTE speeds (around 35-50 mbps). They've not complained of any reception related issues so far.
Last edited by handsoap on Jun 13th, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2007
162 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MobyZz wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 3:55 pm
Can we change chargers?
It should come with a USB C cable and an EU wall plug. Just plug that USB cable into an existing USB phone charger and you are good to go. Apparently some sellers on Amazon sell versions with a US Plug, but there has been suspicion that those are not the proper global versions and may not have the correct bands. I would stay away from those and go with the global versions that come with the EU plug, and use your own existing charger.
Jan 31, 2007
191 posts
51 upvotes
FYI, Xiaomi discontinue Redmi Note 7 and it is replaced by Redmi Note 7S.

Buy at your own risk.

Source
Dec 4, 2007
162 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
spy007z wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:34 pm

Buy at your own risk.

Source
It seems that's only for the Indian market. The original note 7 for the Indian market only had 12 + 2 MP back cameras: https://www.mi.com/in/redmi-note-7/.
The Indian 7S replaces that with the 48 MP back camera that is found in the international version in OP's link. Everything else seems to be the same between the Indian 7S and 7, and the international version.
Jul 12, 2011
457 posts
160 upvotes
MARKHAM
handsoap wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:43 pm
It seems that's only for the Indian market. The original note 7 for the Indian market only had 12 + 2 MP back cameras: https://www.mi.com/in/redmi-note-7/.
The Indian 7S replaces that with the 48 MP back camera that is found in the international version in OP's link. Everything else seems to be the same between the Indian 7S and 7, and the international version.
Any idea how long these phones get support for? Thanks!
Dec 4, 2007
162 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MobyZz wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:48 pm
Any idea how long these phones get support for? Thanks!
As these were my first Xiaomi phones I have no direct experience on this. However, according to the MIUI Wiki it seems Xiaomi devices get 1 Android version update with MIUI updates for 4 years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIUI
Jun 22, 2009
722 posts
169 upvotes
Kitchener
That's exactly the reason that stops me from getting one... Love the phone but not everyone lives in GTA...
j0k3r wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 3:35 pm
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question; I'm not very knowledgeable about the bands needed in Canada.

Checking on Kimovil, this phone seems to be missing some, most notably for me, is B17 on Koodo.

How crucial is this band, would it have a significant impact on connectivity?
Слава Україні!
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12830 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
spy007z wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:34 pm

Buy at your own risk.

Source
It's unknown whether there will be a Global International version of the 7S. Already, the Note 7 Pro didn't get released in a Global International version.

There will always be a newer and better phone down the road, buy phones as you need them. I'm still using the Redmi Note 5 Pro and it's great. Just got updated to Android 9 Pie.
Jul 12, 2011
457 posts
160 upvotes
MARKHAM
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 5:39 pm
It's unknown whether there will be a Global International version of the 7S. Already, the Note 7 Pro didn't get released in a Global International version.

There will always be a newer and better phone down the road, buy phones as you need them. I'm still using the Redmi Note 5 Pro and it's great. Just got updated to Android 9 Pie.
Are there still ad issues for MIUI? Where did you register your phone under, US or HK?
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12830 posts
3492 upvotes
Toronto
MobyZz wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 5:51 pm
Are there still ad issues for MIUI? Where did you register your phone under, US or HK?
I don't see many ads in the Note 5 Pro, only in the cleaner app, etc. I use US region. Setting your region outside North America could cause problems with some apps.
Jul 12, 2011
457 posts
160 upvotes
MARKHAM
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 5:53 pm
I don't see many ads in the Note 5 Pro, only in the cleaner app, etc. I use US region. Setting your region outside North America could cause problems with some apps.
Thanks a bunch!