• Sep 26th, 2017 1:07 pm
12 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2168 posts
254 upvotes
Michaelle wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 7:54 am
use coupon 9BGESLP322 to make it $166USD+8% cashback on topcashback, this is a good deal, no?
I got " This coupon cannot be used on wholesale orders"
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1373 posts
438 upvotes
The coupon code works for me but I'm not sure it's worth it to buy a Chinese brand phone. At this price, wouldn't a Xaomi be better?
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Mar 26, 2007
456 posts
135 upvotes
Scarborough
coupon is good, down to 208 Cad without topcashback rebate. I think it is a super hot deal for a 820 phone work with freedom and xda supports
Aug 20, 2017
4 posts
Besides Chinese bloatware, what other problem does it have? I'm in search of a mid-level phone.
Dec 22, 2001
369 posts
113 upvotes
I have the US 64gb version of this phone. Le eco has basically pulled out of the US after a failed attempt to enter the market. You'll probably never get any English language support or updates. Mine is still running Android 6.0, no nougat in sight, and I have zero hope for oreo unless I decide to go with a 3rd party release.
Jun 17, 2003
516 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
So close to being an awesome deal. Still a good deal if you're sure a SD820 will suit you better than the Xiaomi SD625-based phones.
But buyer beware:
- deal is for gold version
- no Freedom/Wind (unlike x727 version of this phone)
- no NFC
- no quickcharge
- while you may be able to live with the first three, there is discouraging debate as to whether you'll ever see a 7.x ROM for it, whether official OR unofficial
May 30, 2017
212 posts
47 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
You're getting it for roughly $200 with GCR cashback. Really decent price for an 820. I am so freaking tempted right now. You're getting a brand new 820 phone...

EDIT: actually cashback won't work since you're using a non-GCR code. Still excellent price.

EDIT 2: Ordered. I am very familiar with LeEco phones so even though this one's stuck on Marshmallow (perfectly fine for me since it's gonna be a backup phone/gaming phone/media player) and on eMUI or whatever, IDC. I might give this to my mom since she needs extra processing power and already has an Le. So do all her friends. lol

I'm just worried about Banggood and good old Canadian customs taking 20 years to get the phone to me and eventually hitting me with fees... Banggood didn't let me choose shipping. It says it'll ship by registered airmail. I also wonder if I'll get any cashback since I paid in CAD, not USD. And the code on Topcashback's site is different.
kennyt18 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 8:25 am
The coupon code works for me but I'm not sure it's worth it to buy a Chinese brand phone. At this price, wouldn't a Xaomi be better?
Tell me where to find a Xiaomi phone with an 820 in it for $200. :p
Last edited by cellnerd on Sep 26th, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1621 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver
This X722 looks like is the gutted version with the SD820 and w/o NFC, there is also no third party ROM for this yet.

This is really YMMV given my experience with LeEco's phone is not great and I am not touching another of their phone.
May 30, 2017
212 posts
47 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
pkphilip wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:35 am
This X722 looks like is the gutted version with the SD820 and w/o NFC, there is also no third party ROM for this yet.

This is really YMMV given my experience with LeEco's phone is not great and I am not touching another of their phone.
What happened? Hardware issues? Where'd you buy it?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1563 posts
170 upvotes
kennyt18 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 8:25 am
1. it's xiaomi, not xiaomai, you reminded me of a funny video i watched earlier this year
2. xiaomi is a chinese brand phone
3. i've been using the le max 2 and it's the most cost effective phone i ever have
4. it doesn't have bloatware unless you call free movie apps are bloatware
May 30, 2017
212 posts
47 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
okano wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:47 am
1. it's xiaomi, not xiaomai, you reminded me of a funny video i watched earlier this year
2. xiaomi is a chinese brand phone
3. i've been using the le max 2 and it's the most cost effective phone i ever have
4. it doesn't have bloatware unless you call free movie apps are bloatware
I know the LeEco phones in India come with the horrendous Levidi(?) launcher that you can't uninstall without root, except maybe through adb, but I doubt it. I think this phone comes with all that Chinese bloatware + more. I'm silently praying that adb lets me get rid of the bloat apps. My heavily-skinned ASUS phone didn't let me.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1621 posts
666 upvotes
Vancouver
cellnerd wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:45 am
What happened? Hardware issues? Where'd you buy it?
The Le Max 2 I got from GB got a couple of dead pixels on the middle of the display and sending back and then dealing with CC is just troubles I don't want to deal with.

I had the Le 1 and then the Le Max 2, the glass on the display is easily cracked due to lack of protection. A case is a must.
cellnerd wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:51 am
I know the LeEco phones in India come with the horrendous Levidi(?) launcher that you can't uninstall without root, except maybe through adb, but I doubt it. I think this phone comes with all that Chinese bloatware + more. I'm silently praying that adb lets me get rid of the bloat apps. My heavily-skinned ASUS phone didn't let me.
Their software is designed for Chinese market and if you are ready to get your hands dirty to clean that up, don't get the phone.