Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Banggood

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition 169.20 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:24 pm
Feb 11, 2013
359 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
my tracking shows.
2017-03-31 07:05 Genève 2 Letter Transit, Departed transit country

I was at the Shopper Drug mart today and ask canada post customer service to track the tracking provided by Banggood and guess what they can track from their portal. The same is not provided online. The lady gave me a printout with the complete detail from the date it was shipped from Banggood on Mar 20th. on 31st it shows CHGVAL,Canada. Looks like sorting facility of canada post in Geneva.

It shows that on Apr 20th, it arrived in Mississauga and on same day it showed the entry "Item in transit" and the lady explained that it should be coming into my mailbox soon and asked to call 1-800-267-1177 for the status.

I hope to see it any time soon. I am hoping the delays is due to the easter holidays.
Feb 11, 2013
359 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
AndrewBC wrote: Is this the proper global version?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... 8737c759ef

Looks like it's $149 right now. Does anyone know if duty gets charged when shipping via EMS? How quick does EMS get it to your door?
It is missing many bands. The one in the link only has 4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/ B5/B7/ B8 ; It is missing B4 which is Telus and Public Mobile use for 4G/LTE
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
waleedhk wrote: Nope I recently noticed the speed going really fast (upwards of 30mbps when driving from Scarborough to Mississauga) but super slow on the Go train to Milton (around 1.5mbps). My phone shows 4g on the top. I unlocked it to use all the bands available on Fido using QPST/QXDM application.
You may try the following
setting -> about phone -> keep tap internal memory

from there remember settings go to sim 1 ( or 2) and change to 4g only
also change access point to ltemobile.apn ( in reg sim card setting menu)

1st part goes back to default on reboot though...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
bryceton wrote: If you are going by specs alone note 3 is better, however note 4 benefits by better battery life more effecient heat control, better speaker placement
arguably better camera

Also if you dont use custom roms note 4 or x will be updated officially longer.

Note: if you already have 3 then i wouldnt upgrade.
If you can find a killer deal on 3 and dont care about things mentioned above then 3 may be better for you..
where did they get the idea that an upgraded phone should use a slower processor?
Feb 16, 2017
9 posts
When I follow the link it seems to say b4 works? Can anyone clarify?? Thanks!
cthakker wrote: It is missing many bands. The one in the link only has 4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/ B5/B7/ B8 ; It is missing B4 which is Telus and Public Mobile use for 4G/LTE
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
cthakker wrote: It is missing many bands. The one in the link only has 4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/ B5/B7/ B8 ; It is missing B4 which is Telus and Public Mobile use for 4G/LTE
Scroll down a bit more in the description
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Feb 16, 2017
9 posts
Thanks Siefer. So then this is the one to go with! Thanks!
Siefer999 wrote: Scroll down a bit more in the description
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2003
1361 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote: Scroll down a bit more in the description
In the aliexpress description it lists all the bands including band 4...
but if i google Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs 4X, none of the results indicate band 4 is supported.

it does have band 7, which is supported by rogers, telus, public mobile, bell, etc. is that good enough?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
aZnRYcEbOi wrote: In the aliexpress description it lists all the bands including band 4...
but if i google Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs 4X, none of the results indicate band 4 is supported.

it does have band 7, which is supported by rogers, telus, public mobile, bell, etc. is that good enough?
Without band 4, there will be a lot of places where the phone will only pull in 3G.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1043 posts
1372 upvotes
aZnRYcEbOi wrote: In the aliexpress description it lists all the bands including band 4...

The regular Redmi Note 4 does NOT have band 4 (which is why it doesn't show when you just look at listings for the Redmi Note 4).

The Redmi Note 4 "Global Edition" DOES have band 4.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2003
1361 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
carsncars wrote: The regular Redmi Note 4 does NOT have band 4 (which is why it doesn't show when you just look at listings for the Redmi Note 4).

The Redmi Note 4 "Global Edition" DOES have band 4.
Thanks...but I'm confused.

I thought Global Edition or International Edition just meant that the Global ROM was flashed on a regular Redmi Note 4.
Does the standard Note 4 hardware support band 4, and Global ROM just enables support for band 4?
Or is it different hardware in the Global Edition?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
aZnRYcEbOi wrote: Thanks...but I'm confused.

I thought Global Edition or International Edition just meant that the Global ROM was flashed on a regular Redmi Note 4.
Does the standard Note 4 hardware support band 4, and Global ROM just enables support for band 4?
Or is it different hardware in the Global Edition?
AFAIK, the Global and "regular" Note 4 are based on different chipsets ... They are actually fairly different internally (and performance-wise too).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5148 posts
2194 upvotes
Mississauga
Global Note 4 and Note 4X are both made in India I think.
They are both snapdragon 625 while the original Note 4 is Mediatek.
Mediatek version has better build quality(all metal) vs Global/4X which have plastic ends.

I think this chart from one of the seller in aliexpress explains it pretty well.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2003
1361 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
wing0 wrote: Global Note 4 and Note 4X are both made in India I think.
They are both snapdragon 625 while the original Note 4 is Mediatek.
Mediatek version has better build quality(all metal) vs Global/4X which have plastic ends.

I think this chart from one of the seller in aliexpress explains it pretty well.

Awesome, appreciate it!
Feb 11, 2013
359 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
I got my phone yesterday.
Build quality is great.
The power adapter is EU pin. This was expected as the phone is officially released for EU only.
The box was sealed packed so the ROM is not tampered by the seller like they do for Letv.
There is no Canada/US country in the ROM to choose during the setup. Language is there English (US).
OTA update is working. Got a notification of update after few minutes of connecting to the net.
One good thing I liked about the MIUI is that there are buttons in few of the notification to take action immediately. e.g. when the update was downloaded, the notification message itself had the button to reboot.
The UI is quick.

Will provide more update on the battery usage, etc soon.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Does this phone support LTE in Canada?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)